Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,
For those that don't know there is a trade perk that allows us to trade fiefs. Unfortunately it needs two hundred something points in trade.

That said also be noticed that as King's / Queen's of a Kingdom we can't currently give already owned fiefs to any clan.

And there are a lot of post asking how to, but is EA so it's comprensible.

So suggestion:
  • Make that anyone can trade fiefs normally, fief per money, fief per fief, fief as extortion, xD.
Maybe some king wanted x castle and attacks other and wins a decisive battle, then he asks such fief as war compensation.

• But what about the perk, well maybe instead it gives a discount % when buying fiefs?

Indeed.. trading fiefs should not be locked behind the maxed out tradeskill.

there are several issues with it for my play style at least:
* convincing lords to join your cause may require a payment, which i would like to give in the form of one of my castles - why can't i? instead i have to pay 900.000 denar? a sum the lord has still in his pocket after joining. makes little sense to me.
* when getting fiefs as a vassal they are often far apart after some lengthy campaign. so i would like to swap around with a fellow in order to ease both our lives.
* as mentioned, when bartering for peace, it should be an option to give up land

if this really needs to be locked away, then it makes more sense to have it on lower levels. and later on
* the discount or
* the ability to trade fiefs that are not of your culture or that have low loyality

on the other hand i do not get why it is in trade at all. should be in Steward mid tier at maximum. so you can actually get it as a landowner.

Indeed.. trading fiefs should not be locked behind the maxed out tradeskill.

there are several issues with it for my play style at least:
* convincing lords to join your cause may require a payment, which i would like to give in the form of one of my castles - why can't i? instead i have to pay 900.000 denar? a sum the lord has still in his pocket after joining. makes little sense to me.
* when getting fiefs as a vassal they are often far apart after some lengthy campaign. so i would like to swap around with a fellow in order to ease both our lives.
* as mentioned, when bartering for peace, it should be an option to give up land

if this really needs to be locked away, then it makes more sense to have it on lower levels. and later on
* the discount or
* the ability to trade fiefs that are not of your culture or that have low loyality

on the other hand i do not get why it is in trade at all. should be in Steward mid tier at maximum. so you can actually get it as a landowner.

As you said, I had the same trouble, first lord that managed to conviced was going to give a castle and found out i couldnt, after some reading here and reddit and so found out that many have the same problem, also to mention that if a lord is of different culture than the castle we are giving him it will have debuffs. And pretty much the lord that join us are the ones that have nothing or angry with its lord, few players go here an there just to increase relationships with lords.

I agree with you. The trading fief feature should be relaxed. Maybe all lord can trade fiefs. Well, it's natural like talking, selling, trading items, etc. We can add policies for each kingdom regarding this (e.g., allowing trading fiefs or not). Then, the trade perk can boost in this process of trading, not locking it.

Back
Top Bottom