Suggestion to show damage dealt instead of score

Score system

• It's good as it is

• It should show score as well as damage

• It should show only damage

• The score should get a rework (affected by flags, different points for kills,etc.) + no damage shown

• The score should get a rework (affected by flags, different points for kills, etc.) + damage shown

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Spice

Recruit
I suggest that we should be able to see how much damage was dealt by each player in a match. It would show better players's performances overall than the current score system. The score is system is also futile since it's affected only by kills and assists which you can already see.

The main problem I recognize is that even if I deal 99 damage to an enemy and yet he would survive, it would seem like I was doing nothing at all because it does not influence the score.

I know that Bannerlord multiplayer is now facing bigger problems than such a thing, but let this be an idea to the future. What is your opinion?

Some thoughts: rocks, fire pots, ballista's, couched lances,... would all inflate the total damage number rendering it less useful. Accounting for overkill damage would be a solution in that regard. In addition, even though it might be obvious, it's nevertheless important to note it should only count damage against other players to retain informativeness.

Overall I don't see how it would be a negative inclusion in any sense, but I'm also not really sold on the added value it would provide. When it comes to scoreboard additions, I'd really like to see an objective-based statistic (especially for Siege) first and foremost.

The score system, like many things in Bannerlord, is impossible to decipher. I think that any move to explain how you receive score points would be nice. Either way, this is a good suggestion.

Some thoughts: rocks, fire pots, ballista's, couched lances,... would all inflate the total damage number rendering it less useful.
It's a good point, so it could be good to not let the damage done go over the total HP pool of the impacted enemy. You could have separate object vs player damage

Overall I don't see how it would be a negative inclusion in any sense, but I'm also not really sold on the added value it would provide. When it comes to scoreboard additions, I'd really like to see an objective-based statistic (especially for Siege) first and foremost.
Maybe it wouldn't be too big of an addition in Seige but in a gamemode like Skirmish seeing damage done by players would add a lot of value. Score reflecting objectives would also be a value add, so I'm not taking away from that.

Back
Top Bottom