Suggestion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

My informal review so I dont start a new thread thingy.

I like it. Great effort. There :wink:

I fixed the map, added the multiple siege ladders, added my own music mod, added the realistic sound pak, the improved map textures and scene textures ( a compilation of Graph-enhancement 2.5 & colorful) and panaromic mod.

Love the hunting, though I feel like two meats per deer would make it more than a novelty.

Love the map, though a simulated ship journey instead of land-bridge would be nice eyecandy, it's an afterthought.

If you put any time into dialog, consider adding something special to Arthur...perhaps a few special quests or even a search for a unique item or two would add just that something special to make the mod more moody in line with the books and time period.

'nuff said. Thanks for your time and talent.

Thanks man!  But, is it just me, or did I add the "realistic sound pack"?  Did you mean more metal sounds?  Because I think I added that for sure.

The sounds folder was empty; it's not a biggie, I think most folks already have the realistic/mo metal pak or know how to add it.

And to stay on topic: Like you said, I think the best feature is the map. It is easily the best/ most varried of all the British mod maps. Do you have any ideas for what you would like to enhance or work on within the mod for future releases?

Yes, I do.  Here are some of the things that come to mind right now.
-Making the Romans leave after a few months.
-Permanent war between some factions, as I stated before.
-Making boats, or at least something akin to that.
Those are just a few of other things that don't come to mind right now.

Sounds good!

I don't know much about M&B-modding, but when I traveled the map and passed from the main island over to ireland, I thought it would be cool to make ferrys or just only boats like in other mods and remove the fjords. Coolest would be when the player would be forced to set over only by ferry. You go to a port town, pay for ferry that automatically brings you to another port. Well, I don't know what's possible to make… just a little idea. :smile:

Keep it up!

That's actually an idea I had for getting across a long time ago, when I was making the mod, but I dismissed it as something I couldn't do.  Actually, I have a trick up my sleeve, as long as Ruthven plays along.

Too bad. But no reason to be discouraged (most of this coding stuff is beyond my logic, so I understand completely). I cannot guess your trick. But what about making a port scene, place a ferryman there, player talks to ferryman like "take me to …", pays, player is placed into next town. Ok, maybe I better stop my stupid suggestions. :lol:

Good luck!

touareg said:
Too bad. But no reason to be discouraged (most of this coding stuff is beyond my logic, so I understand completely). I cannot guess your trick. But what about making a port scene, place a ferryman there, player talks to ferryman like "take me to …", pays, player is placed into next town. Ok, maybe I better stop my stupid suggestions. :lol:

Good luck!
That would work fine, actually.

Yeah, big rivers could have it too.  I'm currently experimenting with a very interesting idea, which I will enlighten you all with later.

This is a great mod, been playing for hours  :grin:

If you could put some sort of free cam after being knocked out in it, though, so the battle won't just end with your character dying that would be great

Keep up the good work :smile:

Love the big map and all the factions.  The time period and setting is quite interesting.  I would also love to see a Saxon Britain mod (circa 800 AD or so), but that is another mod.  As mentioned before, either a port system or ship system would be a great add on.  I find the "sea bridge" or causeway system to be less than satisfying.

Wavemanmav said:
Love the big map and all the factions.  The time period and setting is quite interesting. I would also love to see a Saxon Britain mod (circa 800 AD or so), but that is another mod.  As mentioned before, either a port system or ship system would be a great add on.  I find the "sea bridge" or causeway system to be less than satisfying.

There is one, it's jsut not ported.  800 A.D. Lords of War?

Wavemanmav said:
Do you have a link for Lords of War?  I don't find it in the mod section or by search.

cause it is in the child board of the cartographer's guild...anyway here it is:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,100.0.html

Wavemanmav said:
The mod is under older mods.  Is it compatible with M&B patch 1.011?

no it has not been ported...it's for the version 0.903...anyway for other infos ask in the mod's subforum, not here... :smile:

Back
Top Bottom