Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenix234 said:
Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Just came in mind: Plate armors ( 70 body 15 feet ) Cost: 30k . Plate Gloves: 15k add 10 body armor . :mrgreen: , Because right now the best armors dont even protect alot .

maybe not 30k for the plate :razz:
15-20k would do it since the current armour is like 5k for 40

armour needs a buff definetly

im thinking you have the current armours

then you have 2 more levels, Mail and plate, the mail will be about 55ish armour and will cost 10k and the plate would cost 15-20k for 70 protection

archer and xbow classes would go up to mail.
while all melee combat infantry classes excluding TW and bandits would get plate :grin:

this way you have people who are actually build for combat, bandits wont bother them and will probaly avoid them in the long run :grin:

I agree that there's a need for a few armours on top of the 50 armour we have now. I might do a 53 and a 56 but 70 body armour is absurd. Especially at 20k gold which is only 5k more than the 50 BA.

Also I'm not quite sold on plate just yet. I like the early medieval feel to Warband, it makes things like the Nords and Khergits more credible. 

Laszlo said:
Phoenix234 said:
Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Just came in mind: Plate armors ( 70 body 15 feet ) Cost: 30k . Plate Gloves: 15k add 10 body armor . :mrgreen: , Because right now the best armors dont even protect alot .

maybe not 30k for the plate :razz:
15-20k would do it since the current armour is like 5k for 40

armour needs a buff definetly

im thinking you have the current armours

then you have 2 more levels, Mail and plate, the mail will be about 55ish armour and will cost 10k and the plate would cost 15-20k for 70 protection

archer and xbow classes would go up to mail.
while all melee combat infantry classes excluding TW and bandits would get plate :grin:

this way you have people who are actually build for combat, bandits wont bother them and will probaly avoid them in the long run :grin:

I agree that there's a need for a few armours on top of the 50 armour we have now. I might do a 53 and a 56 but 70 body armour is absurd. Especially at 20k gold which is only 5k more than the 50 BA.

Also I'm not quite sold on plate just yet. I like the early medieval feel to Warband, it makes things like the Nords and Khergits more credible. 

What about some early plate armour?

To make the Ultimate Rp , you need a doctor that can heal , i belive its possible to make with an weapon thats has  a negativ worth !  and you need a wall where TW can add Names during the game , and it will be the Wanted wall , this will be  enough realistic, and  help to reduce the usage of the global chat witch i find totaly rp destroying ..
Happy christmas .
Khalid

I think the mod would be better if we have a safe place for the coins,the weapons and the horses in towns or in the castles because when you must go from the server or when you crash you lose all you money and stuff it can be a coffer with limited objects in or something like that.

It would be great if you added more movements.

I know that Shredzorz added Cheering(the war cheer thing in singleplayer) and Surrendering

So maybe adding
-Cheering(When a war party has won a victory!)
-Surrendering(When they can't fight on any longer
-Sitting?(If not possible crouching so people can sit(crouch) on chairs and relax and talk)
-Waving((For greeting friends)

I think this would make a much more realistic environment and much more roleplay. I'm not a modder so I wouldn't know if this stuff is possible or not. I do think that it is possible since surrendering and cheering is possible.

Sushiman said:
There wasn't any? Coat of plates is about as heavy as you're gonna get.
They had early plate armour (how do you think they managed to get proper plate armour?  :grin:) - theres just no models for it in-game

Would it be possible for the following:

1: A wieght or class based barrier. as you know there is AI barriers and just the plain 'ol barrier to stop people going certain places - all good and lovely, but i was wondering if it would be possible to create a barrier that only allows certain classes through, or even better - only allows you through if you wiegh less than a certain ammount - for example: a fully armored knight with his heavy shield, crossbow or whatever he happens to have on hand trecking over steep mountains..... dont like it at all - if you could implement a wieght barrier it would allow only lightly equiped troops through certain areas - namely steep mountains etc .

1.5: if the above wieght version ISNT possible but a class based one is: then could we get a "courier" or "messenger" class with very very low prof in all weapons (or almost all) - and very high athletics skill - again , to let them through rougher terrain or mountain sides.

I think this would be awesome for the above reasons of difficult terrain not working for everyone, and also for perhaps small/weak platforms - eg thin logs over rooftops that would break if a fully armored knight decided to cross (and as i doubt its posible to make stuff break depending on who walks on it) - you could place a wieght barrier so only lightly wieghing people can.

it would also be nice to remove (using the swamp fort in VoS as an example) legions of armored knights waltzing up the side of the mountain and into the base from behind... it shouldnt really work that way - i highly doubt any fully equiped tin can would be able to scale a mountain slope covered in gravel.

:smile: :razz:

2 Words Highlander Armor for Civilians and Brigands alike I mean Seriously Who doesn't think these outfits as badass . It would also make a awesome RP for A Nation of Highlanders raiding the english and drinking and Pillaging the country side .. maybe even add Face Warpaint.

"That they may take our lives but they may never take our freedom!"- William Wallace Braveheart (1995)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145074.0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo

hlskreen2.jpg

Mars250 said:
What about some early plate armour?

If you mean like the Swadian Coat of Plates, then yeah I'll definitely add some of those... eventually :smile:

KhalidIbnWalid said:
To make the Ultimate Rp , you need a doctor that can heal , i belive its possible to make with an weapon thats has  a negativ worth !  and you need a wall where TW can add Names during the game , and it will be the Wanted wall , this will be  enough realistic, and  help to reduce the usage of the global chat witch i find totaly rp destroying ..
Happy christmas .
Khalid

A medicinal class that can heal is certainly possible especially with 1.134. I wouldn't let them heal very much though, say, cap their healing abilities at 30-40% HP for example.
As for the Wanted Wall, I'm currently not aware of any way to let players add displayable information to props in the game, like by typing anything.
I also agree that global chat is RP destroying. I want to limit it either by only allowing a player to transmit over global once every X minutes, or even require them to be standing next to a certain prop to enable global chat. Not sure whether either are feasible yet.

J12-19 said:
It would be great if you added more movements.

I know that Shredzorz added Cheering(the war cheer thing in singleplayer) and Surrendering

So maybe adding
-Cheering(When a war party has won a victory!)
-Surrendering(When they can't fight on any longer
-Sitting?(If not possible crouching so people can sit(crouch) on chairs and relax and talk)
-Waving((For greeting friends)

I think this would make a much more realistic environment and much more roleplay. I'm not a modder so I wouldn't know if this stuff is possible or not. I do think that it is possible since surrendering and cheering is possible.
I'm sure adding emotes/MMOG-style animations is possible. Such things aren't my forte so I'd have to seek help from those who have done it. It would be great for RP.

xombie5 said:
Would it be possible for the following:

1: A wieght or class based barrier. as you know there is AI barriers and just the plain 'ol barrier to stop people going certain places - all good and lovely, but i was wondering if it would be possible to create a barrier that only allows certain classes through, or even better - only allows you through if you wiegh less than a certain ammount - for example: a fully armored knight with his heavy shield, crossbow or whatever he happens to have on hand trecking over steep mountains..... dont like it at all - if you could implement a wieght barrier it would allow only lightly equiped troops through certain areas - namely steep mountains etc .

1.5: if the above wieght version ISNT possible but a class based one is: then could we get a "courier" or "messenger" class with very very low prof in all weapons (or almost all) - and very high athletics skill - again , to let them through rougher terrain or mountain sides.

I think this would be awesome for the above reasons of difficult terrain not working for everyone, and also for perhaps small/weak platforms - eg thin logs over rooftops that would break if a fully armored knight decided to cross (and as i doubt its posible to make stuff break depending on who walks on it) - you could place a wieght barrier so only lightly wieghing people can.

it would also be nice to remove (using the swamp fort in VoS as an example) legions of armored knights waltzing up the side of the mountain and into the base from behind... it shouldnt really work that way - i highly doubt any fully equiped tin can would be able to scale a mountain slope covered in gravel.

:smile: :razz:

I've been caught out declaring things to be impossible in the past, but... wow, I mean this... I just... I mean it would be great if that stuff were possible but.... Yeah.. :smile:

One of my ideas got accepted :grin: Also, standing next to a prop for global chat, is a wonderful idea, maybe some diplomat/messenger looking person, so if you imagine, he is delivering the message to people in the server. Maybe add some delay as well, 3-5 min.

Maybe a server-side mute unless within the hear range of the crier. basically, you say something using Global Chat, and if you are within range and pass the obstacle check, it calls it out.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I think there should be a prop for global chat, Laszlo. Thats a good idea. Maybe a pigeon post?
Great Idea!

I love the fact that You, Laszlo, like keep mod in 12/13century. It is made this mod very special.

I would like to suggest to bring this mod back to what it was and still could be....War Game!...It is great to make it more interesting with all RP like improvements but...server owners use this mod as chatter/RP?/boring game...

This Mod has so much potential as it is hard to see it all...

Removing/replacing/modifying global chat it would be great for beginning

I would like to see PW MOD and WAR mod eventually to become one amazing mod...

Question:have You ever fought about contacting TaleWorlds to make PWMOD a GAME no MOD?

You can't do that, we use the Warband game engine to realize this mod. In order to make a game, he'd have to start from scratch. Also, Taleworlds is unlikely to help us make a game from a mod that makes their game make money. :smile:

Splintert said:
You can't do that, we use the Warband game engine to realize this mod. In order to make a game, he'd have to start from scratch. Also, Taleworlds is unlikely to help us make a game from a mod that makes their game make money. :smile:
I am preatty sure that this guys know how to make this game from scratch.
I believe that PW MOD as game:
1.really persistant with the way to save stats solved in GAME
2.both mods on: playing with bots and NPC as well as with human players(or maybe both in the same time)
3.whole world to explore (like in NObody idea)
WOULD MAKE A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY!

NOVICIUS said:
Splintert said:
2.both mods on: playing with bots and NPC as well as with human players(or maybe both in the same time)

they have lots of those, they are called MMORPG's :razz: .. though not too many have realtime combat.

NOVICIUS said:
I'm not a fan of long term persistence - just stat saving for as long as the game mode stays running. I like the idea of being able to build up a character and affect the game world over a few hours or an evening, and then everything being reset the next day - if people want to play a MMORPG (with all the ridiculous stuff that goes with that) there are so many choices out there - for warband, just go play cRPG instead. I might be able to build from scratch something vaugely similar to warband, but it would take a very very long time and a huge amount of work - and I'm not in this for any money, just for fun. I personally don't like human NPCs, as breaking immersion by being so stupid compared to human players, but animals are fine (and planned since ages back, as you probably know).

And to break it to you guys slowly: one of the next versions of PW is quite similar to WAR, which might not be very encouraging for some of the RP server hosters; but a lot of stuff has been planned or implemented since back in the time of version 2, so I'm not going to throw it all out just because the average server rules have changed. Maybe after the combat focused game mode has been released and polished I'll try add another mode more suitable for the RCC server (or whatever). And yes, it will be done when it's done, no hints as to release date at this point.

Back
Top Bottom