Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

For what I understand, they were two key strategic locations for the French, since they were the first line of defence along the eastern border. From a gameplay standpoint, these cities (and so could Luxembourg and Liege) could house lords that focus mostly on intercepting incoming enemy parties, and in the case of Strasbourg, it could have a nice fort-style siege map, that emulates the old Citadel.

Also, eastern France, as it is, feels empty. Sarrebourg is completely isolated from the faction's main hubs, and in my experience, I rarely (if ever) find any parties other than the ocasional bandits.

bvruqMx.png

That empty wasteland is called Switzerland. I never decided what to do with them, since they can't really be a faction of their own and it doesn't entirely make sense to have them be a part of France.

Only a fraction of that land is Switzerland, not all of it. Since there's no Rhone River in the map, I can't really say for sure where the French-Swiss border would be, but here's a rough estimate, based on period maps.

LtX9QMu.png

I think you've been deceived by the ****ty geography on my map and placed Switzerland much too far east. The western tip should be more or less in line with Marseilles.

Anyway, testing with the new AI and map will determine where new cities are needed.

First off, fantastic mod. The uniforms are gorgeous and the mechanics are really interesting, making this much more than a simple reskin. My suggestion is to add uniforms from countries not actually featured in the game to the town marketplaces. As it stands, the armorers/tailors in cities don't have much to offer except money, given the fact that all of the civilian gear is pretty crappy stat-wise compared to the uniforms from depots. Adding some "exotic" uniforms from places that are beyond the scope of the mod would make visits to the market more fun. Since these would be completely optional items not featured on any units, players could enjoy foreign items if they so chose without screwing with the historicity of the setting. For instance, it would make no sense to see American troops fighting in the Napoleonic wars in Europe, but what if you wanted to role play an American mercenary? With this gear system you could! Of course, I do understand that this idea would take valuable time away from modeling actual units and settlements, so I understand completely if it is rejected, but hey, could be fun.

As a side note, I would kill for an American Civil War mod using this mod's systems.

Do you plan to work towards cities feeling more lively at some point? Having recently played B&G: Carribean again, cities is one of the few things it does right. People talking, women with umbrellas and hand fans, troop movements (if done quite badly..) all add to the cities. It's a shame of, despite the great quality of both clothing and buildings, the cities still feel a tad lackluster in L'Aigle (and quite literally every other Warband mod).

NNGZV.jpg
hc-_v.jpg

Михаил Илларионович Голенищев-Кутузов-Смоленский said:
newmapicons.jpg
http://www.moddb.com/mods/laigle/images/snowy-map-and-new-icons#imagebox

Oh I didn’t see that, I saw the village menu when I last checked.
That looks really brilliant.

Edit- in terms of troops that could be added, being Polish I’d like to see the Duchy of Warsaw expanded. Although a small nation, it fielded a disproportionally large army numbering at one point 100,000 being the second largest nationality after French in the grand armée.
The Poles had hussars, cuirassiers and Krakusi (a type of Cossack cavalry). Napoleon made fun of the Krakusi for riding ponies (not in reality, but smaller than the standard horse of the line or light horse), but he swallowed his words when he saw the horsemanship and experience of the Krakusi. For that reason it would be nice to see them, even if the cuirassiers aren’t added (to be fair only 1 regiment existed).

For France it would be cool to see some grenadiers a cheval, carabiniers a cheval and maybe some gendarme d’elite that could be in the French patrols and garrisons of towns.

Edit 2- Will swords be fixed so that they do not remain in scabard when used (2 sword effect)?

That'll be fixed, yeah. For now you can use Bluehawk's mini mod.

Re Polish cavalry. At the start of the 1809 campaign Warsaw fielded 6 cavalry regiments: 3 of chasseurs and 3 of lancers. The hussars and cuirassiers were raised towards the end of the campaign, and the krakusi not until 1812. If I ever make a system where new troops become available over time, the first two regiments will fit, but they don't currently.

SexHaver420?? said:
That'll be fixed, yeah. For now you can use Bluehawk's mini mod.

Re Polish cavalry. At the start of the 1809 campaign Warsaw fielded 6 cavalry regiments: 3 of chasseurs and 3 of lancers. The hussars and cuirassiers were raised towards the end of the campaign, and the krakusi not until 1812. If I ever make a system where new troops become available over time, the first two regiments will fit, but they don't currently.
Yeah I like that compromise.

Edit- what happens when the campaign reaches October, the month of the signing of the treaty of Schönbrunn that allowed the Duchy to increase in size?

SexHaver420?? said:
I don't think I've ever seen Warsaw survive until October.

*cries in księstwo warszawskie*

Edit- is that a buff for Warsaw I see on the horizon?
I haven’t actually played as Warsaw properly yet. I did for a little while when I first tried the mod. I’ve been playing france for the troop variety.
I imagine the player can make Warsaw persevere.

Poles have always been beated by Prussians, until I joined them. Their troops are basic but efficient, especially their cavalry. What is needed to be improved is the diplomacy system. Two systems, Empire vs Allies. Spain is lacking but I believe it is certainly difficult to integrate the UK demeanor with M&B system. Weapons characteristics need to be refined, specialized. Socio-geography and economics are not historical. Scenes mapping must be enhanced (ie : spawn points). Can Insurgent factions be introduced as bandit factions ? Speciality troops may be perhaps created by sub-modders. More siege scenes, really needed, more battlemaps, more...  This is MY point of view. Thanks for all who are loving this mod.

Xav said:
Poles have always been beated by Prussians, until I joined them. Their troops are basic but efficient, especially their cavalry. What is needed to be improved is the diplomacy system. Two systems, Empire vs Allies. Spain is lacking but I believe it is certainly difficult to integrate the UK demeanor with M&B system. Weapons characteristics need to be refined, specialized. Socio-geography and economics are not historical. Scenes mapping must be enhanced (ie : spawn points). Can Insurgent factions be introduced as bandit factions ? Speciality troops may be perhaps created by sub-modders. More siege scenes, really needed, more battlemaps, more...  This is MY point of view. Thanks for all who are loving this mod.

I agree, the ACOK mod has fixed diplomacy where factions are allied according to the lore of the books. I see no reason why we couldn’t do the same with l’aigle and have poland and France allied (and other factions accordingly).

Instead of wearing your muskets diagonally on your back it would look 100x more authentic to have them worn vertically as if slung behind one shoulder like you would carry the weapon by the sling. Also packing around polearms on your back looks terrible is there some way you could make polearms not visible unless currently equipped?

Back
Top Bottom