Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

We should make research threads for every faction, like what they did on the Rome at War page (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=307.0).

People can upload pictures of soldiers from that faction and other things like officer uniforms, however clothing for the Napoleonic armies might be more strict than 2000 years ago, therefore the research threads might not be as useful but we might as well add them for more activity on the page.

A French website containing pictures of companies within regiments of the Napoleonic Wars. Perhaps this could help people out with personal modding or Docm (Jackson). countries are as follows:
The United Kingdom + the King's German Legion
France
Hanover
Nassau
Brunswick
Holland
Prussia

Will you add Pre-Battle deployment? Proper one, like in Silverstag. Would be pretty neat, espacially to fight off cavalry.

Posted these suggestions somewhere else, not sure if that was the right place to do so.

On money: please make it worth to do quests in the late game. A meager amount means that content will be off any endgame player's list.

On opinion: make it truly relevant a la Viking Conquest. Raided a village? -20 opinion! Rescued lord from dungeon? +30 opinion! And so on and so forth. That kills grinding and makes every little action something really important.

On faction names: is there any way to turn on full English names for the factions? I never refer to the Austrian Empire as Osterreich, ever, anywhere. I mean, Russia doesn't even use the Latin alphabet. Things will always look weird one way or the other, so I would prefer to use their common English names in-game. If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be thankful.

First of all, thanks to authors of this mod. It's great! :wink:

My suggestion: slow down battle speed. Infantry line walks, not runs. Cavalry speed up only before charge. And may be reduce a little rifles accuracy.
For example, video of very good mod for NTW:

Battle will become more realistic, massive, and importance of maneuver will increase.

The characters of the 95th from Sharpe;

Patrick Harper

Rifleman Hagman

Rifleman Harris

Rifleman Perkins

Rifleman Cooper

Some small details I want to complain about:

- The Grenzers (tho not in the upgrade tree yet) have blue facings. There was no such regiment.

- The Grenadiers have a yellow lehnstuhlmutzl (the colored part at the back of their bearskin hat). The only regiments that would have Grenadier Companies with yellow lehnstuhlmutzln would have been the 41st and the 43rd, because their facings were yellow. The grenadiers in L'Aigle have black facings and golden buttons, so they must be the Nr. 14 "Oranien".

- This one is not a mistake, just a bit irritating: The German line infantry is using the casket, which is possible in 1809, but then the Hungarians are wearing the tschako, which again, is possible too, but it would make more sence to give the same headgear to both lines of units.

- The Leibstandarte is missing a ring of stars.

- Why do the Line- officers have red facings?

- Soldiers of the austrian army had to have some kind of moustache. Hurts to see those naked faces.

Items that would be great to have:

- Grenzer Musician's Coat
- Grenzer Officer's Coat
- Hungarian Grenadier Officer's Coat
- Hungarian Fusilier Officer's Coat

Austrian Units that would make the game more interresting:

Deutsche Legion
Neumann44b.jpg

Serbisches Freikorps
Neumann45b.jpg

Österreichische Miliz- Grenadiere
Grenadiers5.jpg

Upper17.jpg

Just in case anyone cares.

Habsburg said:
- The Grenzers (tho not in the upgrade tree yet) have blue facings. There was no such regiment.

The Banater Military Border Regiment No. 12 wore blue facings. They served in Bohemia during the war. Maybe it was No. 13?

Habsburg said:
- The Grenadiers have a yellow lehnstuhlmutzl (the colored part at the back of their bearskin hat). The only regiments that would have Grenadier Companies with yellow lehnstuhlmutzln would have been the 41st and the 43rd, because their facings were yellow. The grenadiers in L'Aigle have black facings and golden buttons, so they must be the Nr. 14 "Oranien".

In the 1811 regulations all regiments were ordered to have yellow backs on their bearskins, and the general consensus seems to be that it was just confirming a practice that had started a few years prior. It's not really something I have the means to defend, but I have to just go with what I'm told.

Habsburg said:
- This one is not a mistake, just a bit irritating: The German line infantry is using the casket, which is possible in 1809, but then the Hungarians are wearing the tschako, which again, is possible too, but it would make more sence to give the same headgear to both lines of units.

Again, the consensus among historians and artists seems to be that in the 1809 campaign the Germans were largely in helmets and the Hungarians largely in shakoes. It's also not something I have a lot of evidence to defend it with. It helps to set them apart, though.

Habsburg said:
- Why do the Line- officers have red facings?

I changed the regiment at some point and must have missed some uniforms.

Habsburg said:
- Soldiers of the austrian army had to have some kind of moustache. Hurts to see those naked faces.

I'm certain that's not true of the line infantry. I think dragoons were also allowed to be clean-shaven.

The Austrians are definitely one of the factions due for a major overhaul, though.

You're right about the grenzers, the Nr13 did have blue facings until 1810. Stupid that I missed that.

Apparently I misunderstood something I read once: The regulation regarding moustaches came 100 years later and were used in WW1, again, dont know how I confused something that simple.

And something else: I noticed that the quartermaster only has the Cuirassier Officer, Uhlans, Chevauxlegers, Dragoons and Hussars dont have any other rank than Ranker.

Thanks for the answer.

I think that the 1812 habit veste should be added in to the french troops

too many of the french soldiers have the open stomach tunic and they all look very samey

also the i think the french grenadiers should have a large plume like in mbnw

I also think the same for the British shakos in the mod, they should have the belgic shako along with the type that is
already in the mod.

Also prussia is really lacking.

Back
Top Bottom