[Suggestion] Staggering changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Errr. Surely an infantryman running into another infantryman would cause them both to get stunned? And if not, everyone would just get a shield and start running into people to get the stun, and then slash them to pieces.

This is a pretty silly idea.

Ursca said:
I'm fairly sure that the staggering works on anyone armed with a ranged weapon, even a throwing weapon.

^  tested, it happens no matter what class you are-  just if you are holding a ranged weapon in your hands (including throwing weapons)

I meant that it should only happen if there is an attack chambered. Wheter it's aiming a crossbow, bow or standing next to a doorway with a 2h sword ready to strike. This feature simulates shoving the opponent and I don't think it would be good if it could be done when the character doesn't have an attack chambered.

The point was to stop the %*&$ throwspam and the ranged players who refused to pull melee weapons at point-blank ranges. Guess what happens if you chamber your attack? You drop your shield, the guy hits you, and the point of introducing the shove in the first place is defeated.

Night Ninja said:
The point was to stop the %*&$ throwspam and the ranged players who refused to pull melee weapons at point-blank ranges. Guess what happens if you chamber your attack? You drop your shield, the guy hits you, and the point of introducing the shove in the first place is defeated.

I think that he means that when your opponent has an attack chambered or is aiming a weapon, you can stagger him. I didn't understand it at first, but now I think this is a great idea. This is pretty much what I've been trying to come up with! Good job PsykoOps! Hopefully the devs check this out and give it serious consideration. Maybe if test or I make a topic about this with detailed explanation and such, the devs will take it seriously :razz:

Maybe we should also post the idea on my "infighting" thread as Armagan has already given it attention.
Reapy said:
Also, bump doesnt seem to work from behind. Is it supposed to?
No, I don't think it does. I guess the idea is that you should just strike them from behind. I wouldn't mind being able to bump from behind though.

I really should pay more attention to making sure that my point comes through crystal clear  :lol: It was designed for that purpose to replace the cancelling of an attack when touched but the flaw in that was that you had to come in contact with the character and not just the bow/xbow. One other alternative would be to get rid of this and go back to the previous one and add hitboxes to bows/xbows. Then when a character touches them they'd cancel attacks and I think it should also work if you touch them with your weapon wheter it's a pike or hammer. I however would like to keep the shoving and add it to every class.

Back
Top Bottom