MP Suggestion: server without class-system

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says, I'd die to have any kind of server implemented without the class system.

IDEA: have servers/game modes where we as players select our own gear. You earn your own money in battle, and have to buy every piece of equipment that you want to use. Personally I want to see everyone start with a select amount of gold and few items, and then as you progress and triumph in battle you will buy equipment that you own permanently and can use. You get a feeling of progress once you buy that weapon, shield or piece of armor you want to use, and people will be distinguished easily on the battlefield as most people will have their own unique little load outs and preferences.

If this is not your cup of tea I think we can both agree on having a system where you simply earn gold that you only keep for the match duration, and you select and "buy" equipment with those funds during that particular match, would be a good addition to the class system.

As much as I enjoy Bannerlord and all it entails, in regards to the multiplayer part I feel time and time again that the class system bores me.
I literally have stopped playing many times because it gets boring. Everyone the same everywhere, same weapons everywhere, same same same.

Don't get me wrong, it can be fun to play with, and that's great, but after playing a certain amount of hours, it can start to feel boring surprisingly fast for any faction as your options are quite limited per faction, and my interest in keeping playing dies out. I am not saying remove the class system completely, but having several servers with game modes where we play without the class system would be fantastic.

That's all, thank you.

Last edited:
They should keep it for captain and perhaps for siege too but for skirmish I'd rather see a system like in warband

exactly, i didnt buy a RPG game that lets you customize your character and stats while also giving you the opportunity to create your character to your play style and the type of gear you want only to be chained down by a forced class system down my throat that has less customization and variety than any other forced class system on the market currently.

I sincerely doubt Taleworlds would do this when it’s inevitable at this point someone will have a modded server that allows it.

We’ve had the discussion about the class system, they ain’t budging, whether for a server or the whole game.

This is my idea off how they could change the Multiplayer experience (except of captain mod)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the factions a lot and think it should stay in the game. But, teams should be able to vote at the start of a game wich faction they choose.
Representing a faction and playing it constantly with a team is rewarding and you get to be known as a player of that faction from others.

Each factions could have an inventory of weapons and armors to be bought with gold you acquire by playing (New players get acces to a respectable amount)

There should be a customisation tab in the lobby to preset your character (just like in mordhau)

I like the gold per round idea and I think balancing equipment with gold value instead of creating units presets could be better. People could make their own classes with a gold cap and their units once in game would cost a certaint amount depending on how they builded them. Just like what we have in the game right now :smile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR
Make a system where people feel like they're unique in their playstyle and can be recognised by others.

This is my idea off how they could change the Multiplayer experience (except of captain mod)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the factions a lot and think it should stay in the game. But, teams should be able to vote at the start of a game wich faction they choose.
Representing a faction and playing it constantly with a team is rewarding and you get to be known as a player of that faction from others.

Each factions could have an inventory of weapons and armors to be bought with gold you acquire by playing (New players get acces to a respectable amount)

There should be a customisation tab in the lobby to preset your character (just like in mordhau)

I like the gold per round idea and I think balancing equipment with gold value instead of creating units presets could be better. People could make their own classes with a gold cap and their units once in game would cost a certaint amount depending on how they builded them. Just like what we have in the game right now :smile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR
Make a system where people feel like they're unique in their playstyle and can be recognised by others.

I've been having these exact same thoughts as an alternative as well, aside what I wrote in the OP. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I think they are also a great solution.

It's useless, they won't listen. In the beta phase we had huge threads with dozens if not hundreds of very well written criticisms regarding the crappy premade class system but they didn't care.
The MP is a disaster and the class system is the main reason for that. I've forced myself to play from time to time during months, but now that the sensation of novelty is gone it's enough, I'm already bored to death. On another hand, Warband, despite its terrible graphics and physics, kept me playing during 10 years.
Taleworlds, why?

It's useless, they won't listen. In the beta phase we had huge threads with dozens if not hundreds of very well written criticisms regarding the crappy premade class system but they didn't care.
The MP is a disaster and the class system is the main reason for that. I've forced myself to play from time to time during months, but now that the sensation of novelty is gone it's enough, I'm already bored to death. On another hand, Warband, despite its terrible graphics and physics, kept me playing during 10 years.
Taleworlds, why?

Exactly. And that's why I'm trying to make them hear us that we can have more than just the class system. Keep it, but implement customizable battles as well as a different game mode. Class system is debatably good for newcomers, as they are put on 'level ground' with everyone else on the field, and can thus get experience and learn the game more easily. However, for anyone as you said that's played more than a few games - who has learned the basics - will want to have a different experience.

Give us servers with a game mode that allows customization, as well as servers with the class system - and thus appease the largest crowd and also taking care of the longevity all in one go.

Agreed 100% with OP. the class system is awful and actually laughable in some cases. Let's be honest.. TW hit a random number generator when they selected the "options" for some of these classes.. didn't they?

Back
Top Bottom