Suggestion: Roads, why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me preface this topic with the acknowledgment that yes I understand that the campaign map is not entirely geographically or historically accurate and is adjusted for gameplay and performance. Further am I falsely under the impression that there are no roads? Or is my path finding/spotting to low?

So I've noticed there are no roads, just like in brytenwalda? Which I find odd considering that England, Ireland and Scotland had roads or at least large paths. Would it be possible to use Thorgrim's Map Editor ( TME ) to add roads to viking conquest? If so I wouldn't mind making a mod.

How would roads affect balanace / gameplay? Is it possible to add in roads without speed modifiers?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

http://www.kemble.asnc.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/files/SouthEng9thC.jpg

Carrion said:
Let me preface this topic with the acknowledgment that yes I understand that the campaign map is not entirely geographically or historically accurate and is adjusted for gameplay and performance. Further am I falsely under the impression that there are no roads? Or is my path finding/spotting to low?

So I've noticed there are no roads, just like in brytenwalda? Which I find odd considering that England, Ireland and Scotland had roads or at least large paths. Would it be possible to use Thorgrim's Map Editor ( TME ) to add roads to viking conquest? If so I wouldn't mind making a mod.

How would roads affect balanace / gameplay? Is it possible to add in roads without speed modifiers?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

http://www.kemble.asnc.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/files/SouthEng9thC.jpg

Hi Carrion,
Feel free to make you own mods with you knowledge. If I'm not wrong, you just want to make a appearance modification. You can modify the map to include new vertices and create those roads.

Ok, I'll take a look into TME and VC tonight. I am not sure If I want to make it purely atheistic or give a flat .1 speed bonus to encourage pathing. Any feedback and other info, maps from 600 to 900 are welcome and appreciated! Why did the dev team decide not to put in roads?

Carrion said:
Ok, I'll take a look into TME and VC tonight. I am not sure If I want to make it purely atheistic or give a flat .1 speed bonus to encourage pathing. Any feedback and other info, maps from 600 to 900 are welcome and appreciated! Why did the dev team decide not to put in roads?

Just google Roman roads in Britain. There is all information you need , after Romans left Britain in 410 AD Britain didn't keep building roads and also maintaince was bad.  So ROMAN roads , all they had on that time i quess..

Back
Top Bottom