[suggestion] Restrict weapons from going through walls etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
This would then interrupt chambering a large weapon in tight spaces such as the hallway in castle 3. They should then get appropriate penalties. Huge weapons such as bardiche etc. would be nearly useless in small spaces.

Castle 3 isn't the best example, because huge weapons are already useless there.  I'm always dying because my glaive hits the door behind me before swinging through my adversaries.  :razz:

I'm assuming when finished the game will have more maps where there are tight spaces. In those spaces you would then have to switch to smaller 1h weapon or use a spear in ready position and by moving pierce enemies. Castle 3 just game to mind because it has really tight corridors.

Coming to think about it, is it so that when you have pike/spear in the ready position and someone runs into it or a horse runs into it or you walk and ram someone with it does it do damage?

This mostly needs fixing to prevent exploitation of thin walls to stab someone through a wall or wood floor.

(also, it may have the side effect of fixing the exploit of walking through certain thin walls)

PsykoOps said:
Coming to think about it, is it so that when you have pike/spear in the ready position and someone runs into it or a horse runs into it or you walk and ram someone with it does it do damage?

while its chambered? no it does not. It probably should. Something similar as when you thrust with a weapon that the tip is still present for a fraction of time while pulling the attk back. (this was more likely in 6.35 not sure if its still in)

Well there's a new suggestion then. All sharp weapons should do damage when held and something impacts them.

[edit to add] Also swords etc. should be able to be held in front after a thrust by keeping the attack button down.

I like this suggestion.

However I think there is something quite important to go along with it. 1-handed weapons should be slightly nerfed if this would be implemented. Currently 1-handed weapons are already overpowered. If their usefulness was further increased, then they would be quite overpowered.

Thrust is already ridiculously powerful as is, especially on the sword.  There's less time to block the sword thrust than any other of the motions.

And spears... well, it's already pretty ridiculously easy to stop a horse with a spear.  It may not be a bad suggestion for single player, but multi-player it's just going to nerf cavalry into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom