• don't change anything!

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Xplosion

Sergeant at Arms
Hi
I'm super excited to this game! :p
I'd suggest to improve the ragdoll system. For example, when cannonball or explosive hits the player, they should fly off like ragdolls. Personally i don't much like the death animation system. It would bring more realism to battlefield, if you removed the death animations. If it's somehow possible, please improve it. I, at least, would appreciate it.  :wink:

Cannonballs weren't explosive though so only people directly hit by or very near the hit would be affected and they definitely wouldn't fly around like after a bomb explosion (in movies).  :wink:

diavel said:
Cannonballs weren't explosive though so only people directly hit by or very near the hit would be affected and they definitely wouldn't fly around like after a bomb explosion (in movies).  :wink:
I actually meant that they should fly realistically. only 1 or 2 meters :grin:

diavel said:
aye, russians were the first to use exploding cannon balls. they were only used in their Navy and helped them destroy an ottoman* Fleet in the Black Sea.

*I think it was ottoman

diavel said:
According to NTW, they would :lol:

Danik Golovanov said:
diavel said:
According to NTW, they would :lol:
According to NTW, when you're hit by a cannonball, you just fly like 5m backwards, lie down for a while and then get up in line.

that's tru when arty'ing old guard they just stand up and join the line again like nothing happpend, personally i don't mind the death animations as they are right now. But i'd like to see a wounding system though.

Seeing a person get hit by a cannon ball is.....interesting, in fact it relly depends on where you are hit and what gun is shooting it. If you where hit in your head for instance, terminal balistic whould state that the persons body would not have a temporary cavity (as seen with a regular bullet) but in fact would just act as if the person was hit by an axe on the lower edge of where the cannon ball hits, this could cause the persons head to littarly rip of thier body, somtimes taking thier spine with it, depending on the range and mass of the ball. You could also be hit in the chest, and if you where you would probobly be torn in half if it was a 6 pounder, 12 pounder would probobly not leave much of your chest left( most of it would go with the cannon ball) and you would have a head, two arms and legs strewn about in about a 20 meter radius(be at the mind you are geting hit with a cannon ball not a shotgun or somthing like that). If you where hit in the legs or arms, depending on the force of the ball, the mass, range and a few other variable, you are most likly to lose that arm or have it severly crushed/broken and luanched some amount of distance(if hit in the leg) or thrown unto the floor. If you where hit with a morter round (i.e. the solid one) expect your remains to be pulvirized into the ground. in fact they may have to dig some of your body out. If it is explosive i don't think anything will be left. Howitzers will get a mixed effect of both, if the round hit you first before hitting the ground then expect the same deal as what happens when a solid morter round hits you only a bit less into the ground and more of at an angle, if you get hit after it bouces for a bit expect a cannon balls effect but dowgraded. The reason for this is the angle at which most of these guns are fired, flat trojectory tends to luanch you a lot further then one coming at a 45 degree or one, even less soat one coming at a 85 degree angle.

my two cents

Interesting thoughts, but I think dismemberment would not fit in the warband engine. It would be hard to calculate all those limbs and organs in a body, especially in server with 250 players. Ragdolls would be Ok though.

I'd also love to see this as well.Getting hit by a cannonball in MM is kinda...weird.When you get shot, you just simply fall down just like you were hit by a bullet.I'm not saying that those animations look bad, they look great, but if only we had a chance to see this as a new thing in Napoleonic Wars, it would be really nice and the game itself would be significantly improved.The only thing regarding to this subject is adding that ragdoll animation, when get shot by artillery fire.A great example, Napoleon Total War, is the right thing to look at; When the player gets shot by a cannon, he dies and the body flies to the appropriate distance.I, personally, would not include those organs splitting up or anything, I would just add that new ragdoll animation for getting shot by artillery, whether rockets or cannons.That's basically the only thing I'm suggesting to the team.

Well, it's an interesting idea, but from what I know about this stuff, like sounds or music effects from an in-game distance or naval battles, the animations and whatnot would take a lot of time and effort to implement.  I doubt it's impossible, but it might just take a while to develop.

I don't expect it to be realistic, i was just giving what would happen if it a cannon ball or such(irl) did hit someone. Personally if vince did include this i would be like "AWESOME SAUCE" but i know its prob not gona happen

We have been toying around with the idea to sling away the player.
But because the cannonball does not push a person back, but simply just goes straight through we decided not to include that, after all this realism stuff, adding such a arcade thing might break the immersion.

We did improve the rag-dolls themselves vastly, they will fall perfectly upon the ground and roll off hills and such.

Vincenzo said:
We have been toying around with the idea to sling away the player.
But because the cannonball does not push a person back, but simply just goes straight through we decided not to include that, after all this realism stuff, adding such a arcade thing might break the immersion.

We did improve the rag-dolls themselves vastly, they will fall perfectly upon the ground and roll off hills and such.

Does someone hit with a cannon ball still have the same animation as someone hit with a musket ball?

Back
Top Bottom