SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Please make Import/Export Characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Devs,

I have been playing Mount and Blade series since 2009. It is one of the top 10 games of all times, according to me.

Please make Import Export Characters, as available in the original Mount and Blade games.
I love horse archery, but in Bannerlord, I currently have to stop my horse every time I want to aim an arrow, otherwise the reticle is too large to aim. I would like to make a customized character with high bow stats and abilities, and just get with the horse archery, without waiting for weeks for me to level up awkwardly.

Thanks,

John Paul (William Tu)
after Saint John Chrysostom and apostle Paul

It would be nice (simply to have an import/export of a character for a starting point instead of starting over for each feature update (which is why I am now simply waiting for the development to progress further, as the restarts can become tiresome especially with the slow grind with certain skills, and especially considering how smithing is being fixed (no more huge research/skill boosts from certain types of weapons....somewhat regrettably).

I am not sure how easy/practical/possible it would be to accomplish however, regarding the compatibility across update versions. I don't believe it would be, not unless it only carries over certain basic aspects such as money, skill points spent (then to be reallocated), player level.

Yes, it would be nice to have, and I'm sure something will eventually be developed once the game system/mechanics have been ironed out.

I doubt its possible, or if it is possible, it would be very complicated, to have the player's clan and clan members import/export as well (can easily seen issues of duplicate characters happening).

Since we have a dynasty Model I think this won't happen. I mean aging is also a big part of the game. Should they just reset your age by import export? That's like cheating and you could directly use the command console... so personally I see no need for that

Since we have a dynasty Model I think this won't happen. I mean aging is also a big part of the game. Should they just reset your age by import export? That's like cheating and you could directly use the command console... so personally I see no need for that
Cheating... unlike how we used Charachter export/import in WB how? :smile:

I clearly used that feature to "cheat" - how much cheat it is to take short-cuts in SP..

use the command console
Yes that´s the same for what it supports. But that requires a Mod to unlock...

In the new sandbox mode, you can start as an older character... so I wouldn't see an issue with importing an older character. Although from the original Mount and Blade, that might mean time warping back 2 centuries...

You can however improve archery fairly quickly by delivering headshots to fleeing looters and loading archery up with focus points. Once your archery is up to a hundred or so you should be able to hold and aim while riding at a trot.

Back
Top Bottom