[Suggestion] New Melee FF Setting: Stun

Users who are viewing this thread

ScientiaExcelsa

Master Knight
I'm sure this has been suggested a lot before, but I have a feeling it was lost in the huge discussions about melee FF.

For reasons stated in my thread in the Guildhall, I don't like melee FF, reflected or otherwise.  And there is a substantial portion of the community that shares my feelings.  There are certain things it adds to combat that I like, but the damage penalty has way too many negative side-effects.  (Griefing, accidental suicides and TKs, etc.)

So, I suggest a compromise.  Add another FF setting that causes a somewhat severe stun effect when an ally is struck by an attack.  That way, the player is still punished for spamming or attacking out of turn, but accidents in and out of combat won't cause nearly as much irritation.  I think it's the best of both worlds.

I really love melee FF, but I am all for lowering the damage dealt to simulate how, in reality, weapon control is much greater. And also because it, in some instances, and even with the current EU settings, can be detrimental to the fun factor.

Back
Top Bottom