SP - General Suggestion - make villages provide food for the army

Users who are viewing this thread

I think we could fix the problem with AI lacking food supplies and generally going to often to buy food by adding a mechanic where every owned Village provide food base for an army based on hearths lvl.

This way only lords with big armies or no land have to buy additional food. This will also add additional way to tactically weaken an army by raiding villages owned by lords in it.

This will be a way to simulate supply line.

What do You think about that?

I think we could fix the problem with AI lacking food supplies and generally going to often to buy food by adding a mechanic where every owned Village provide food base for an army based on hearths lvl.

This way only lords with big armies or no land have to buy additional food. This will also add additional way to tactically weaken an army by raiding villages owned by lords in it.

This will be a way to simulate supply line.

What do You think about that?
ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST
In the link I wrote there is a thread related to logistics and supply lines that suggests a way to introduce them using assets already in the game.
In summary, it recalls what you have proposed but solves some problems that could arise by simply associating the villages to a supply parameter over time.
This is because questions such as:
Should the parameter be associated with the owner lords?
If so then a player would hit that lord's territories and not the others.
But usually it is the border territories that provide support lines for a possible invasion, as supplies must necessarily pass through those places.

another doubt: If it is not possible to attack the border villages (because they are not sensitive objectives), one must necessarily enter enemy territory.
But this leads to a "waste of time" for those who want to defend themselves from an invasion, since only to remove the supplies from the invading army must enter an enemy territory, while the invader is already in allied territory and can act in the same territory. manner and therefore remove the defender's supplies to prevent him from acting against him.

The supply line must have as its main purpose that of making invasions more difficult and the defense of the territory easier, not the other way around.
Since in the first case it can be used as a lever for any problems related to the snowball effect.
It is enough to adjust the quantities of food transportable by the wagons, their speed and frequency, their visibility, route, etc. to determine the survivability over time of an army according to the quality of the supply lines.
It also forces armies to split up to defend the lines.
But if they were just numerical parameters associated with some village, all this gameplay depth would be lost.

In general, I am in favor of the proposal, but I would prefer it to be more substantial and "visible".
The wagons are assets, the villages are there, the caravans can be made ...
In the link I inserted you will find the thread related to this issue (in addition to others if you are interested).

ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST
In the link I wrote there is a thread related to logistics and supply lines that suggests a way to introduce them using assets already in the game.
In summary, it recalls what you have proposed but solves some problems that could arise by simply associating the villages to a supply parameter over time.
This is because questions such as:
Should the parameter be associated with the owner lords?
If so then a player would hit that lord's territories and not the others.
But usually it is the border territories that provide support lines for a possible invasion, as supplies must necessarily pass through those places.

another doubt: If it is not possible to attack the border villages (because they are not sensitive objectives), one must necessarily enter enemy territory.
But this leads to a "waste of time" for those who want to defend themselves from an invasion, since only to remove the supplies from the invading army must enter an enemy territory, while the invader is already in allied territory and can act in the same territory. manner and therefore remove the defender's supplies to prevent him from acting against him.

The supply line must have as its main purpose that of making invasions more difficult and the defense of the territory easier, not the other way around.
Since in the first case it can be used as a lever for any problems related to the snowball effect.
It is enough to adjust the quantities of food transportable by the wagons, their speed and frequency, their visibility, route, etc. to determine the survivability over time of an army according to the quality of the supply lines.
It also forces armies to split up to defend the lines.
But if they were just numerical parameters associated with some village, all this gameplay depth would be lost.

In general, I am in favor of the proposal, but I would prefer it to be more substantial and "visible".
The wagons are assets, the villages are there, the caravans can be made ...
In the link I inserted you will find the thread related to this issue (in addition to others if you are interested).

I like the idea from your threads but I think it's too complex and hard to balance. My idea is simplier. I don't need any additional visual reflection of supply line based on a lot of additional parties (that are hard to balance) all over the map.

I was thinking on simply summing up hearths splitting by 10 (each 10 can feed one soldier) and giving 60% of it to clan leader and splitting the rest equally between other parties of that clan. If there is.only one party from that clan it gets 100%. If their food needs are higher, villages are raided or they don't own any they need to buy on the market.

AI is already targeting villages by it's own so no additional need to code new behaviour (attacking additional parties on the map). Maybe just adjusting frequency of decision to raid village and decision to leave a party to defend fiefs if they have more than one.

Food on the market is still need and used but owning prosperous village is more beneficial and some more reason to own a castle that are currently useless.

Back
Top Bottom