[Suggestion] Make rebel factions different from the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
We tried swadia vs. swadia and currently they're exact mirros of each other. Even the banner is the same and the faction name. Also there is no way of knowing who is friend and who enemy if you don't have the floating banners enabled. On top of these issues I'd like some different gear for rebels. Such as pitchforks and quarter staffs and maybe remove some of the high tier items.

Different gear sort of defeats the purpose. I do agree on a different banner. Maybe some generic "rebel" banner like in Total War (all rebels have the same gray banner and they are all decked out in gray stuff).

Yeah definitely socks.

I don't think different or lower tier equipment makes much sense to be honest, the idea is that they've gone rogue in the boosh, not converted to Peasantism.

I was thinking that those who have gone deserter may have not had a change to grap the best equipment and while as outlaws they probably live by raiding etc. so peasant weaponry wouldn't be out of place. Also they might not have an access to armorer etc. so high tier items might go bad quite quick. Also I don't wan't them to have different armors, just retextured ones. With different colors or something like a different colored arm band for ID purposes.

Haha, "I'm a rebel" XD I think you'd find a real mix with the rebels to be honest, in some cases they'd be disheveled yeah, the ones who simply ran away for whatever reason, but "rebels" are not that, it's more likely that rebels would not have as uniform equipment, but they're just people who rebelled, they're not even necessarily living in the forest like Rob, they might have broken from the kingdom, in which case there would be no difference between them and the "normal" troops, especially considering they would provide their own equipment.

Not sure how you ID them though, perhaps they would wear different surcoats and have nothing on their shields (not realistic but close I suppose). The only case where I could see normal troops looking really out of place is with the Swadians, they're just way too uniform. Maybe the rebels could have more dirt/grime/mud on them, except in the case of the leaders of course.

In a realistic point of view once you rebel you'd definately make sure that you can ID your troops on the field. Wheter you do it by simply having everyone wear a colored arm band or different colored clothing all together. If you wanna play with the full immerision experience and turn off friendly indicators, death messages, crosshairs etc. then you would have zero way of identifying the current 'rebels' from enemy troops.

A simple universal pallete change would do,  like an overlay onto the rebel texture (for all armour, regardless of faction- just on all rebel troops) that darkens their armour by a noticable degree.

enough so you can pick out rebel troops in a crowd, but not enough that they look odd.  and remember that in a real rebel battle-  IDing troops would be harder than normal anyway,  although in fights the size we have in warband, im sure you would fight by remembering what your mates look like,  something we cant simulate other than the team ID icon over their heads.

Make Rebels all Black - White. In the case of Vaegirs, make them wear Black.

PsykoOps said:
Yeah that would a quick fix to the problem. I'd like however to have some degree of actual difference between rebels and normal troops.

but the whole point of rebel battles is for a 100% even fight,  if they were to have gear diferences then people would call for ANOTHER option where we have Swadians vs Swadians,  rather than Swadians vs Swadian rebels.

PsykoOps said:
We tried swadia vs. swadia and currently they're exact mirros of each other. Even the banner is the same and the faction name. Also there is no way of knowing who is friend and who enemy if you don't have the floating banners enabled. On top of these issues I'd like some different gear for rebels. Such as pitchforks and quarter staffs and maybe remove some of the high tier items.
Wasn't the point to have the same equipment?  You might as well just double the factions then with what you are suggesting.  I think they do need a new "rebel" banner (variation on the current ones) and maybe recolored equipment.  But their arms and armor need to stay the same.

quick fix would be to have their armor color changed to gray instead of red, blue, green etc. It would take only a few minutes and would really help everyone on the battle field.

Additionally, there's no balance issue here, like changing the gear would carry

SockMonkeh said:
Different gear sort of defeats the purpose. I do agree on a different banner. Maybe some generic "rebel" banner like in Total War (all rebels have the same gray banner and they are all decked out in gray stuff).
We already have the claimant banners, they should suit that purpose quite well.

Back
Top Bottom