[Suggestion] Make rebel factions different from the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

kingofnoobia said:
SockMonkeh said:
Different gear sort of defeats the purpose. I do agree on a different banner. Maybe some generic "rebel" banner like in Total War (all rebels have the same gray banner and they are all decked out in gray stuff).
We already have the claimant banners, they should suit that purpose quite well.

or the rebels could just use the old faction banners?

Also what do you guys think of having the ability to choose the current faction banners as a personal banner?

EDIT: maybe it would also be a good idea to have the rebels default to using that one faction banner, i.e whoever is on the rebel team wont have their personal banner displayed.

The different colored equipment still needs to happen though.

Halcyon said:
The different colored equipment still needs to happen though.

Yes, and frankly I think the normal factions could use a little more of a uniform color scheme. Some of them are better than others, at the moment. Sarranids are all orange or yellowish, and Rhodoks are all pretty green. Nords and Swadians are blue and red, but more of their equipment should reflect that. Khergits and Vaegirs don't really look uniform at all.

We've played 2 clanmatches now with same factions and I gotta tell you that it's impossible to follow the battle when both teams have same faction armors. A simple armband would be helpful but I recon they'd need a whole different color scheme. We've done sarranids vs. sarranids and rhodoks vs. rhodoks and it's only possible to get some kind of idea what's going on from spectators perspective. If you're in the battle it's just chaos. Hope TW does something about this really quickly.

Heh. I personally think that the armor values should stay the same, but they should be slightly varied. A bit of torn leather here and there wouldn't hurt.

Arm bands would be OK, but I'd prefer black/grey clothes.

Replacing a few higher tier armors with heraldic armors would be nice.

just an overlay texture that goes over all their gear would do fine,  something that desaturates the colour or a little hue shift.    so they still look the same, but with a noticable diference to help ID.

Yeah but it's not that simple. Some parts would handle the color change ok but for instance metallic parts might not. If you'd just change the fabric colors on the models then I'd recon it would work better.

I would go for recoloured armours personally, i'm not sold on arm bands.

And i'm supporter of 'every faction should have different armours' pov.

AoC said:

so long as it was purle visual, yeah.  because the whole point of faction vs faction rebels is for a 100% equal match.

Qwertyman said:
AoC said:

so long as it was purle visual, yeah.  because the whole point of faction vs faction rebels is for a 100% equal match.

Sure ! Just visual change of colours in case of loyalists vs rebels (say loyalists swadia is red themed, but rebel swadia is light blue themed - the same models used, but recoloured).

'every faction should have different armours' apply only to different factions (khergits vs vaegirs for example).

Back
Top Bottom