[Suggestion] Make it impossible to damage people upon spawn

Users who are viewing this thread

ScientiaExcelsa

Master Knight
I am getting rather frustrated with losing half my health every other time I spawn in a melee FF server, thanks to some varlet swinging wildly at the start of the round.  Why not make it impossible to damage anybody (or even attack) for say, a 5 second period after spawning?  It would pretty much clear up the problem for good.  Even in the case of extreme idiocy it would give you a chance to get your shield up or back off.  I think it's rather a no-brainer, really.

Unfortunately, I think Daegoth already rejected spawn-protection, didn't he? On the bugtracker, somewhere..

edit:
Yep, bug ID 670. Don't know if it was Daegoth or another dev, but it was definitely rejected.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=670

I agree.  At the very least a 3 second spawn protection to give you time to get your bearings.  It is a huge problem in TDM and DM.

I once scored a moving head shot with a crossbow From spawn to spawn distance in ruins battle.

ONTOP ON!

so what if you spawn next to me , and you attack, i cant fight you for 5 secs?

What they did in "Enemy territory" was to place a 2 second spawn protection, but you also need to spawn in a horse and archer safe area

this would create balance issues with DM and TDM. I've seen it happen for several other games.

Sure, getting couch lanced instantly, or instantly shot upon spawn is annoying... but its very rare too. Spawn invincibility would be more annoying more often. I vote "no" for this one simply because so many other games that use it show its flaws

Adding a check for the respawn code is all it would take to prevent the "double spawn" with two players on top of each other. It randomizes spawn points on the map, all it needs to do as it loops through the points is check if anyone else has been assigned to that spot. If so, generate a new spot to spawn. Double spawns are the worst, and that's the only thing that really needs to be fixed as far as I'm concerned.

It's not a problem when you and another player spawn at the same spot at the same time, and whoever happens to be directly behind the other will get a free kill? At the cost of their equipment and waiting for a respawn timer again, too.

I made this suggestion with Battle and FnD in mind, because they're more dangerous, what with so many people spawning in the same spot.  I can see how this is a problem for the DM modes as well, though, now that you guys bring it up, but I don't think the problem is as pressing for those modes.

Orion said:
It's not a problem when you and another player spawn at the same spot at the same time, and whoever happens to be directly behind the other will get a free kill? At the cost of their equipment and waiting for a respawn timer again, too.

Spawn at the same time in the same spot IS problem. I was unclear, it's the other 'issue' is not a problem.

Well depends... i can always get on him and kill him in his next few lifes so he will learn his leasson but propably... yar idea is better.

Back
Top Bottom