[suggestion]lords titles/hierarchy/definition

Users who are viewing this thread

I always played M&B with 'handmade' lords, giving them top equip, ranking thier stats and thus party size, upgrading speed, probably movespeed, regen speed etc.)
I had 3 class of lords of each faction: top, mid, low, which were in swadia and vaegir - dukes, counts and barons, nords had dukes earls and lords (unchanged title), khegrits top titles were tarkhans or mirzas (maybe viziers also, dont remember), mid lord title was 'pasha' and low was 'bey', titles written after name i.e. Kramuk Pasha or Karaban Bey :smile:, while rhodok had military organisation and used common officer ranks like colonel major and captain
It is good from aesthetical pov, and also makes sense when the game gives centers to lords, first 2-3 lords get the highest rank and ruled towns, mid level lords tend to have a castle and lower levels have just a village. And it's funny to engage with very different lord parties (battered squad of low-tier units or a batallion with 2/3 elites)

The problem is randomizing lords stats, thats why just naming some dukes and others barons wont make any sense. from this pov its smart to name them all counts :grin:
But the randomisation can be made inside 'lords ierarchical groups', low level lords will get average 'low' stats and top will get average 'high' :smile: afaik its not too hard.
Another (and prolly more difficult) suggestion is additional title given for owning a center, i.e. 'Count Bracha, Duke of Rivacheg', or if lord's 'natural born title' fits his fief, just adding a castle/town name like 'Duke Naldera of Wercheg' or 'Count Bracha of Ismirala' (I'd cut 'castle' from castle name here); however this all is probably too long to read in game log (and too hard to implement)

Also i suggest making lords role in battle and thier (combat) stats more influental, by just raising thier HitPoints to 200-300 (STR should work)

thx for reading :smile:

Well, not sure about boosting their stats, but for sure, more variety in the noble hierarchy will help A LOT the (already great) sense of immersion.
If it's like native, the first 2-3 lords in the list, i.e. those who own the cities, would be "dukes" or such, while the others can be left as Counts.

And what about a "councilman" title for Rhodoks?

Back
Top Bottom