SUGGESTION: Load in additional troops to bypass the 1000 man cap

Users who are viewing this thread

barrithean

Recruit
Suggestions for Devs, or modders. Could there be a system where if the unit cap on a battle is reached, the additional units can be loaded in as a second wave for an additional attack? This would make not having a gigantic army a waste, and also benefit people with less capable computers. It would be nice to have battles where you have multiple waves of attacks anyways and you can stagger units in an order of your choosing. That way you can use tactical retreats of your units to your advantage to move back to where your second wave would be spawning. You could also use flanking maneuvers with the 2nd wave. It would also serve as a way of prolonging a huge battle so it doesn't seem extremely short lived. If the enemy did it as well, they do some wildcard maneuvers and save a cavalry charge till late in the game or wreck you with another big unit of archers.

Suggestions for Devs, or modders. Could there be a system where if the unit cap on a battle is reached, the additional units can be loaded in as a second wave for an additional attack? This would make not having a gigantic army a waste, and also benefit people with less capable computers. It would be nice to have battles where you have multiple waves of attacks anyways and you can stagger units in an order of your choosing. That way you can use tactical retreats of your units to your advantage to move back to where your second wave would be spawning. You could also use flanking maneuvers with the 2nd wave. It would also serve as a way of prolonging a huge battle so it doesn't seem extremely short lived. If the enemy did it as well, they do some wildcard maneuvers and save a cavalry charge till late in the game or wreck you with another big unit of archers.
Good news, this is exactly what happens already.

I had no idea it was already happening. My bad. I have barely played warband and that was years ago and haven't noticed this happening in Bannerlord. It just seems like if I assist an army with 700 units and I have 500 units we are only physically fighting with a ratio of those units that match that ratio but come up to the unit cap, where I am commanding a lot less than 500 total units throughout the battle. Have I just not noticed more units popping into existence in the back of the map?

I had no idea it was already happening. My bad. I have barely played warband and that was years ago and haven't noticed this happening in Bannerlord. It just seems like if I assist an army with 700 units and I have 500 units we are only physically fighting with a ratio of those units that match that ratio but come up to the unit cap, where I am commanding a lot less than 500 total units throughout the battle. Have I just not noticed more units popping into existence in the back of the map?
maybe do the whole battle see it how it turns out before posting about it...

It's already in as mentioned. However it would be NICE if a horn went off when reinforcements arrived with a message stating who and how many etc.
Unlike in Warband, where the reinforcements come in in big waves, I noticed that in Bannerlord they come more as a trickle. Well, unless you lose a lot of troops quickly, in which case there's a lot of reinforcements at once.

Unlike in Warband, where the reinforcements come in in big waves, I noticed that in Bannerlord they come more as a trickle. Well, unless you lose a lot of troops quickly, in which case there's a lot of reinforcements at once.

The trickle is bad as the a.i usually just charges right into blobs of enemies getting cut down one by one. I hope to see waves with messages in future.

a timer for waves on both sides when pressing tab would be ahhhhhhhhh smexy and gewd

i get mad about alot fo stoof not being in the game but this is where i say its only in early accesses

Back
Top Bottom