[suggestion] Linux dedicated server files + RCON equivalent

Users who are viewing this thread

Plazek

Master Knight
So we got a linux server, right now we are running our Warband dedicated server through Wine. However this creates some overheads we could avoid with proper linux server files. Would be nice to get them. My programmer server guy reckons it could take a single skilled guy about a week to recompile the binary. If it really is that quick to do (of which I have no idea) I definitely think it would be worth the time.

Also I find the admin panel very limiting yet at the same time you dont want to be alt tabbing all day to access the server directly. It would be very nice if we had some more in depth admin stuff than the simple and easy yet limting admin panel we have now. For example in source games using rcon you can change a wide variety of server settings quickly and easily from within the game. Adminning in source is much better as you have much more power yet you can also give that power to people you want to help with admin while not giving them full server control. Even better would be if there were a variety of admin levels you could assign. You could have low level who has maybe just kick and map change privelidges all the way up to top level able to do almost anything the servers owner can.

Heh, I actually have a server I'm planning to wipe and stick linux on to run a warband server. I wasn't aware that the warband stuff is windows only though. I still need to pm to get the files so I might want to wait a bit until everything is otherwise ready.

We have got it running fine it is just that it could be running better, if you needed any help there are a few linux warband server guys :smile:

My brother who is a Linux geek would happily strip it all down and recompile it for Linux, but, unfortunately he is also a "everything-should-be-free" person, so he'll only ever do it if Mount&Blade: Warband is turned into a free game. *Sigh*. He'd probably be the best for the job aswell.

Back
Top Bottom