SP - Quests Suggestion. Leave 2 quests in the main story line - reestablish the clan and create a Kingdom. Remove everything else. Or give us a choice to skip it.

Users who are viewing this thread

andycott

Sergeant
?
Suggestion. Leave two quests in the main story line - reestablish the clan and create a Kingdom.
Remove everything else.
Or give us a choice to skip the story line quests entirely.

Too many issues with the main story line quests.
1. TW would have less problems to solve and have more time to fix other important things.
2. These quests include various bugs and removing them even fixes some performance issues.
3. Many people don't really like them. Just look at forum.
4. They make the game worse than if they didn't exist at all. The same from 3.
Or at least remove the main story line and it's quests at all until it is playable and doesn't annoy players.

A mod, which already does what is said in the suggestion, but can be and is incompatible with different versions of the game.
After playing with this mod it shows how better the game becomes. Better gameplay - what other reasons do you need?
Like mod's creator said, just let me play.

These problematic quests just need more attention from devs. That's the main reason of my suggestion.

Last edited:
I'd rather they fix the quests and improve upon their design than remove them altogether for Campaign Mode. Right now, they're not done very well, true, but many things aren't done all that great from perks to clan roles.

Maybe instead it could be a setting you set when you start the campaign (Story: On / Off) or a separate mode and in that one you can start with a minor faction or something.

I'd rather they fix the quests and improve upon their design than remove them altogether for Campaign Mode. Right now, they're not done very well, true, but many things aren't done all that great from perks to clan roles.

Maybe instead it could be a setting you set when you start the campaign (Story: On / Off) or a separate mode and in that one you can start with a minor faction or something.
It's clear that it's better to have two options - skip main story line or play with it.
But at the moment the main quest is too annoying, if you're not playing for the first time. So it would be better to skip it by default.
I understand that it's EA, but noone wants to be a tester without at least enjoying the game. It's not our job to play the game.

Last edited:
I like them. Lore stuff gets old since are just strings and the gameplay Is the same but would be funny if you had the option to choose each lord. For example give the banner to Khergit clan to make them replace the Khan.

Main quest is not very immersive right now, but it can be instructional. You'll have to learn to chase down clan leaders to marry, negotiate defections. As you go, their comments about Pendraic battle can be instructional about army composition and tactics.

The conspiracy should only stay if it is similarly a tutorial for inciting and halting local revolutions (which we were told are a planned feature).

Much like many quest conversation lines, I presume it is a stand-in waiting for other mechanics to be fully implemented so that devs don't deal with too many variables.

And remember there is another main quest in waiting like that - whatever happened to our enslaved syblings?

I understand all this.
The best option is to have a choice to skip the story or play with it. But at the moment there is no choice and it is very likely that we won't have it in near future or at all.
And as I already wrote, if the story and the quests were good or at least not annoying, than it's OK, I wouldn't have problems with them. But they are horrible. And even if they were normal or good, this game is a sandbox type any way and with every new campaign you will start to like them less and less, until even a nice quest will start to annoy you.
And it seems that all these bad quests will remain in future. And if devs left these quests for EA as an example, than maybe other story line quests are even worse. Think about that too.

It's true they're horrible to a lot of people, but clearly there's a lot of us that don't find them horrible... or at least they don't find them horrible enough to remove. I'm for the option to not play them (which I suppose in a way you already have to an extent) but if there is no option, I'd rather they be there than not.

It's true they're horrible to a lot of people, but clearly there's a lot of us that don't find them horrible... or at least they don't find them horrible enough to remove. I'm for the option to not play them (which I suppose in a way you already have to an extent) but if there is no option, I'd rather they be there than not.
I try to be as objective as I can. But of course you're right about that it can't be that everyone share my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom