[Suggestion] Increase weight limit on items

Users who are viewing this thread

Egbert

Master Knight
In M&B the weight attribute of items is limited to 64 kg, after that the number resets to 0. I would like to be able to make items (like trade goods) that are heavier than 64kg for my mod. This would be useful to make trade goods slow down party speed if needed.

It is module system only related problem. But editing txt u can set item weight arbitrary high (i mean very high 'cause anything is limited in computing, but high enough to any normal purposes).
I've never tested, but probably it is even possible to make helium balloons -- items with negative weight that increase speed of traveling. lol, items with negative weight don't increase speed, they work much funny.

Btw, there is a number of such limitations, for instance, same with troops attributes.

64kg is 141lb that is a good pack wight for a fit human. about the only think I can think of that wood wight more wood be stone blocks or logs.
most kegs casks or urns wood probly be around 80lb.

I'd like to see this, along with other seemingly arbitrary limits, raised, or abolished. Item limits and the finicky map constraints are two that come to mind.

I was thinking of adding multiple sizes of trade goods with proportional weights, but that seems unreachable now...

Just saw post Thundertrod and I asked my self what was really purpose of heavy goods.
Egbert said:
This would be useful to make trade goods slow down party speed if needed.
There is no need in it. Party can be slow down through game_party_speed. 

Back
Top Bottom