SP - General [Suggestion] Have random chance of a high tier AI troop member become potential Companion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Merged Promote regular soldier to companion if certain conditions are met by @Panpek (OP starts here ) and Making a Captain/Follower out of one of your troops by @Dr-Shinobi (OP starts here ) into this thread

I have any old school Medieval Total war fans here. Remember that you could have your forces be led by a captain of sorts. Not a main leader character, but just a normal captain following in the role. And if you did a battle really well, you'd be prompted with a chance to hire the captain as an actual character to your faction.

I think it would be so cool if after a battle, a distinguished troop member, must be a high tier soldier. Could have a moment with you and it would be a prompt to promote that troop member to be a proper companion.

There would have to be some scripts and random generated story lines to fill things in. But it would make for such an immersive experience. Now instead of finding random people at a bar to help you lead your clan. A distinguished member of your army could take that spot.

And if you are already at max capacity or just rather say no. X name distinguished troop just falls back in line like it never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a soldier kills a boatload of enemies or presented valor on the battlefield, there could be an option where he meets you after the battle and introduces himself with his name after a short speech of how hellish the battle was and you get an option to make him a companion for a price, but he loses all of his gear due to some RP reason. Sort of like the old rome total war mechanic with adopting people into your dynasty who were captains in the battle and got distinguished and adopted into the family.

This would open a lot of possibilities I think and would also just add to immersion in my opinion. Maybe that's just because I am the sort of player that overly values his fodder:razz:

Would be cool feature if you could make a character out of one of your troops with low basic stats dependent on what type of troop it is. Perhaps they have to reach a certain lvl or something. Well it has struck me now and then that i wanted to make a captain out from one of my soldiers who have been around long enough and made a name of himself in situations. Also that you could name that person. Or that person has a random name that reveals when your being able to activate this.

Just an idea and could be in beaded with leadership perk and/or perhaps you get a message if that soldier has certain amount of kill counts in his name.

I think it would be so cool if after a battle, a distinguished troop member, must be a high tier soldier. Could have a moment with you and it would be a prompt to promote that troop member to be a proper companion.

Love this idea that you got approached by this person after the battle or its you approaching with a cool text and choices :smile: makes it more personal for sure. Would also be cool if they added some nice art slide show to it to or they could go for the classic Warband look.
How ever i think they should keep the stronger companions at the Inn to keep an so to say established hero part for hire and since theres no females in the reg troop rooster to, it will compensate things easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom