Suggestion: Guards

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mR_dIlLeNgeR

Sergeant
I've noticed that a common strategy among teams of guards is to midlessly tear through crowds of citizens, often times killing several of them in the process. 

This strategy doesn't seem to work that well, but it also contradicts the point of the guards.  It seems a little silly that they would be attacking the very people they're supposed to be protecting(By extension of the town), and this, "Randoming" as you might call it, also dumbs down the game, as guards look less for clues and more-so outright provocations from assasins.

I suggest that everytime a guard kills a citizen, it detracts one from the teams score as with the individual score, same with assasins, so both sides have to play more.....strategically, and with less reckless abandon.  This way, matches won't deteriorate into full on TDM as much. 

Or, it still happens, and 1 newby player screws up the round for a entire group 'o guards/assasins...  :???:

Didn't you ever played Assassin's Creed ? D:

Guards don't have to always protect the civilian, and assassin is what really protecting the people, you know. This mod also set the townspeople to be on the same team as assassins.

Moreover, bad guys make the game more fun to play.  :razz:

So, I think it's the bad ideal to increase the punishment for guards.

The punishment is for both sides, to make it more, "Tactical", and less deathmatchy.
Many guards just kill random citizens as it stands.

and I don't think this mod is meant to be an Assasin's creed clone........

Yea either do something about the score or make die guards die somehow, cause taking away money like on native isn't gonna make them give half a shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think it would make sense for the assasins to only get points when they kill other assasins and not guards (since they cannot hide). Is it possible to make a game mode, with two teams of assasins (or free-4-all) fighting each other, and a guard team killing the assasins? you could have it like this: Assasins get points for killing rival assasins, Guards get points for killing assasins, assasins get no points for killing guards but it's allowed, and all teams lose points for killing civilians. Then the guards could focus on looking for clues without getting stabbed in the back for just being a guard, and assassins would focus more on being stealthy, than finding guards to kill. Might be stupid, but I think it'd be cool.

Team Death Match server is already be like what you said : Assassins could gain point by either killing guards or the other assassin, but people just don't want to play it that way, they prefer team play over that. :mrgreen:

I knew this by Tking by accident. However, when I intended to TK at anothertime, people ask me to stop and they don't fought back, I feel like a ****, so I stop.

Yea, sure. But if sopmeone hires a gang of Assassins to steal some documents? Then they probbably work together.

MariusThePaladin said:
Team Death Match server is already be like what you said : Assassins could gain point by either killing guards or the other assassin, but people just don't want to play it that way, they prefer team play over that. :mrgreen:

I knew this by Tking by accident. However, when I intended to TK at anothertime, people ask me to stop and they don't fought back, I feel like a ****, so I stop.
Yes, but it is a Teamkill and you get no points for killing Assassins, so it makes no sense to do that.

I would not like this, there are so many stupid guards who kill townsmen constantly

I mean, I guess winning does not matter but O well

MariusThePaladin said:

Guards don't have to always protect the civilian, and assassin is what really protecting the people, you know. This mod also set the townspeople to be on the same team as assassins.

You do know in real life assassins were cutthroats who killed only for money and political benefit correct?

maybe you could make another game mode, besides TMD, without the books. Then assassins would focus on avoiding guards, rather than killing them on sight.

2ndGrds_Ghost said:
MariusThePaladin said:

You do know in real life assassins were cutthroats who killed only for money and political benefit correct?

You do know that Caradia is not the real place, correct ?

And you do know the word "Fictional", correct ?

MariusThePaladin said:
2ndGrds_Ghost said:
MariusThePaladin said:

You do know that Caradia is not the real place, correct ?

And you do know the word "Fictional", correct ?
Correct. It appeared you were trying to paint and over romatic picture of assassins in general. Sorry if I sounded a bit arrogant there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom