SP - General Suggestion: Gain experience from tournament fighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Menassah

Recruit
Can you please add in getting experience (weapon skills, athletics etc) when participating in tournaments?

I have noticed that tournaments and practice fights add no experience, and if this is intended it is very disappointing. I understand if these fights are not considered fully “real world” and therefore grant you less experience, but historically speaking they were the major way that most of the nobility gained not just notoriety but also experience and skills that they then transferred to the battlefield. In a gameplay sense, the player is still investing real life time and effort into gaining these skills and I don’t think that any potential balance issues cannot be mitigated. In fact, this would allow the character to develop some experience in skills that they do not usually use in the field and lead to better rounded characters.

I suggest that a reduced experience rate of 75% for tournaments and 25% for practice fights may be appropriate.

Edit: a link to a related poll on the subject https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...el-fighting-skills-why-poll-yes-or-no.403523/

Last edited:
I agree. Training some of the fighting disciplines is already slow as it is. Moroever it is very unrealistic. There are already mods that fix it. It would be great if they change it and make it like a normal battle. I wonder what is the thinking behind such decision.

Seconded, they did this previously as well, loving the new tournament setup overall though.

Same, especially from a role play standpoint, travelling around and participating in tournaments has been a lot of fun. It is by far one of my favourite elements of the game, yet after a good 30 tournaments with no skill gain (and not being able to increase my betting limit) it really starts to lose it’s appeal which is very disappointing.

A modder has already : https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/27

But if more ppl are in favor of this (150 voters arent really representative of the player base), i would prefer it to be a vanilla feature (with regards to achievements later)

I agree on the vanilla issue regarding achievements, but even more so to resolve any potential problem (as discussed in your poll) with it granting experience to companions that have not yet been recruited.

Essentially, I quite clearly believe that it should be a core feature.

Back
Top Bottom