MP Suggestion for voice chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Make 2 types of voice chat:
  • team chat. Only your teammates can hear you, no matter where they are.
  • local chat. All players hear you if they are close to you.
Accordingly, each chat will have its own button.

I don't like the idea of team chat. Some people start having conversations about the weekend or the big game to their buddies and you end up missing important information. Most times all you need to hear is the guy next to you- he'll warn you if someone is behind you, or tell you where the archer is, or suggest an attack plan.

In cRpg a person could nominate themselves as a leader, and if had enough votes, would be given a Blue chat window that they could type in even when they died. I suggest the same thing, but using a voice chat. The commander could talk to everyone, but everyone else just has local chat.

I don't like the idea of team chat. Some people start having conversations about the weekend or the big game to their buddies and you end up missing important information. Most times all you need to hear is the guy next to you- he'll warn you if someone is behind you, or tell you where the archer is, or suggest an attack plan.
I agree, sometimes there are moments when the conversation is about nothing. A local chat will be enough, I think a radius of 15-20 meters will be enough for a comfortable game.
In cRpg a person could nominate themselves as a leader, and if had enough votes, would be given a Blue chat window that they could type in even when they died. I suggest the same thing, but using a voice chat. The commander could talk to everyone, but everyone else just has local chat.
Voting for the army commander can take place before the game, when the "Warmup phase" is in progress, the one with the most votes will be elected as the commander.

Last edited:
I suggest the same thing, but using a voice chat. The commander could talk to everyone, but everyone else just has local chat.

I really like that idea! Allthough its more fitting for custom servers, since noone would really listen to the commander anyways in open servers. Its the place where everyone is equal and just wants to have some fun. For competitive situations, like clan matches for example, it really would make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom