SP - Economy Suggestion for sturgian horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Hello,

I understand the concept that makes the sturgians a poor faction, they don't even produce their own sturgian horses. And maybe it's up to the players to make up for that by trading in Sturgian and even top class horses. However, it would seem wise to me to add one or two village villages on the Empire or Batannia or even khuzait side where these horses would be produced, because unless I am mistaken, they are only found in the village of Jeracos and of course in the city. of Diathma on which Jeracos depends. If only to promote this trade and perhaps it would have an interesting impact on the wars waged by the Sturgians. It would be interesting if the only way to see the Sturgians develop their influence was to develop their economy. Maybe it's already possible, I didn't try in this direction, I always thought it was hit and miss.

Nice thought

there are some elsewhere but this game is ... how to put it ... I will not say ... that the looters run faster than my troops doesn't make sense, reducing their speed by 0.1 or 0.2 would be as well. I know we can make adjustments at the start, but that's no reason to make the game boring. I also know that you go faster if you have a lot of horses, but what's the point? to run after looters? no sense, no fun doing it ...

for a while there were settings on automatic recordings. Why did they disappear, it was a real progress ...

I understand what you're saying. In fact, there's a need for rebalancing in speed movement and the horses system.
The best thing for now is to get many horses and war horses as possible to increase speed movement for infantry, as Sturgians are mainly footmen.

If you cannot catch looters, that's your fault. You need horses for your infantry, and you also need a good scout.

You want to have at least as many horses as you have non-mounted troops.

But there is a limit, which can be expressed as x + 2y where x = number of mounted troops and y = the number of non-mounted troops.

Example -- You have 50 mounted troops and 50 infantry. You can have 50 + 100 = 150 horses before the herd penalty kicks in. And not those crappy sumpter horses and mules. You need real horses or war horses.

Also, in the above example, you need at least 50 horses for your infantry to ride.

I do this, and I can catch just about anything and run away from anything that can hurt me.

If you cannot catch looters, that's your fault. You need horses for your infantry, and you also need a good scout.

But there is a limit, which can be expressed as x + 2y where x = number of mounted troops and y = the number of non-mounted troops.

Example -- You have 50 mounted troops and 50 infantry. You can have 50 + 100 = 150 horses before the herd penalty kicks in. And not those crappy sumpter horses and mules. You need real horses or war horses.

Also, in the above example, you need at least 50 horses for your infantry to ride.

I do this, and I can catch just about anything and run away from anything that can hurt me.
I know and i have but i think it's not logic really not. But not important problem. I should be able to send 4 beefier ones, what's the point of sending 100 soldiers to catch 5, it's ridiculous, well I say that for fun, but it's kind of the situation. To catch peasants we send a whole army. Anyway ... it's a game ... Let's not take ourselves too seriously.

But an other problem, some lords or ladies are simply not found. They are always reported in the same castle generally belonging to their father but we do not see them. A reason for that? Is it still my fault? Is the father afraid that I will seduce his boy (very handsome boy, by the way)? It's true for Lek, the child of Olek, impossible to see him. But it's true for others too.

And why when the banner is given to Raganvad, does this fool declare war on those who might be his allies? He's stupid ?

I would agree. Raganvad is an idiot. He vassals had all left him, and I joined Sturgia and gave him the banner. Then I recruited my father-in-law Godun, and together, we took a Sturgian town back. But did Raganvad let one of us have the town. Nooo. He kept it for himself.

So I left the kingdom, established my own kingdom, recruited friend Godun to it, and we took that town back.

Then I captured Raganvad and would have executed him, but kings should not kill kings.

But really, he's no worse than the others. You cannot trust or depend on any of them.

I would agree. Raganvad is an idiot. He vassals had all left him, and I joined Sturgia and gave him the banner. Then I recruited my father-in-law Godun, and together, we took a Sturgian town back. But did Raganvad let one of us have the town. Nooo. He kept it for himself.

So I left the kingdom, established my own kingdom, recruited friend Godun to it, and we took that town back.

Then I captured Raganvad and would have executed him, but kings should not kill kings.

But really, he's no worse than the others. You cannot trust or depend on any of them.
you annoy me ... Killing Raganvad was my secret plan, and I asked if I was going to act as a "traitor" and in addition, I was also targeting the family in Godun to help me. But what if I leave the Banner Bearer to join another faction and kill the Banner Bearer with help from that other faction? What becomes of the banner? Is it planned in the game?

At no point does the game signal any banner owner changes, so I take it this is just an introduction to the game, but the most important thing is to finish the quest. It's a bit of a shame that this banner is not the heart of the game ... Maybe it is planned? everything is not very clear and seems a bit quirky

Crappy Sumpter Horse?!?
With even 20 Sumpter Horses, it’s easy to buy up cheap trade goods in one town and sell them for large gains a few towns over. It also helps you redistribute food around the faction.

This is objectively bad advise. Having some pack animals makes it easier to carry the necessary food, pay for you army through trade, and prevent most of the slow down after large battles where you lose men.

At no point does the game signal any banner owner changes, so I take it this is just an introduction to the game, but the most important thing is to finish the quest. It's a bit of a shame that this banner is not the heart of the game ... Maybe it is planned? everything is not very clear and seems a bit quirky
Story elements are an aside. This is a free form, sandbox approach. All individual elements of the game are optional

Back
Top Bottom