SP - General Suggestion for Scouting perk

Users who are viewing this thread

A scouting perk that lets you know (maybe only a percentage chance or something idk) if an enemy army is heading for one of your faction's fiefs and how long it will take for the army to arrive. That way your are able to meet them in the open field beforehand or to get there in time to participate in its defense instead of having to sneak in.

A scouting perk that lets you know (maybe only a percentage chance or something idk) if an enemy army is heading for one of your faction's fiefs and how long it will take for the army to arrive. That way your are able to meet them in the open field beforehand or to get there in time to participate in its defense instead of having to sneak in.

Knowing magically without any actual evidence does not make any sense. There is something already in game that you can use your own intuition to reason through, and that's the arrows on the ground. If there is a trail of huge arrows, that means a large army moved through. If you are at war, and those arrows are heading towards your settlements, you can suspect that they might be heading to besiege one of your properties. Follow the arrows and confront them in the field before they do. The higher your scouting, the more arrows will appear and the more detailed info you get from them.

Just like you "magically" know where the enemy is heading just by hovering your mouse above their symbol? And yes, I am aware of the tracking mechanics. I wasn't a fan of using it in Warband and I'm not a fan of it in Bannerlord, at least not for the purpose of scouting as you are proposing.

In reality, you would send out scouts to know of the enemy's movements. It could be a popup of text saying: "My lord, we just received word from our scouts that Raganvad has assembled and army and is heading towards XXX". How is that magical?

Didnt they had something similar in warband ? Tower or messenger you could build in your towns that warned you in advance ? Might remember that feature wrong but its still doable i think..However for someone to know exact what place another commander is gonna hit, for that you gonna need an well placed spy in my opinion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom