Suggestion for patches and mods (renamed from bugs etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

wannyboy

Sergeant
Hi, plz read this text and don't just go away once you have seen how long it is, i put quite some work in it you know...
Oh yeah, editted a bit

To be patched

-Where the hell is my bashing with spears??? I realy loved that option. Now if u see someone with a spear, u just block down and everything is over. The pike doesn't need his overhead swing because that is just lame but a normal spear does. I would like to see the regular spear added to the game (now there is only lance and pike) with an option to slash instead of stabbing. And why aren't there any spears at the weapon-master?

-The rapier needs something fixed in my opinion. Its an OK weapon but i hate the fact that it only has stabbing (again). Maybe u guys could let him stab high and stab low, so you can't just keep the same block direction all the time. This would make it a much better duelling weapon

-If possible, i would like to see a patch that gives us some of the epic warband features like own kingdoms and marriage

-Plz give us a notice when we are about to enter a part in the storyline where we can actually die asking us if we realy want to continue and if we want to save first. I didn't know and lost hours of gameplay due to this.

-Fix things like the fact that they say u need to pay 4500 for a patent while it is actually 45000 or the hand-made mace that is actually a hand made poleaxe

-I've also got a very weird bug so that i couldn't hire any caravans anymore and my food didn't give any morale (which resulted in 3 rebellions in 1 hour). Due to this i just had to start cheating to make some money. My whole save was ruined!!!
Maybe it is because i just took over a fortress from the polish while i didn't belong to a faction but even so...

-Plz remove the taverns from those little castels, there are just too much of them. Instead, maybe add a mercenary post in each castle where u can hire mercenary's who normally roam the taverns (but no booksellers, hero's, claimants...)

-Plz make it so that the mercenary's from the camps have 1 primary weapon and 1 secondary so that an archer won't be having the same halberd as the infantry and the infantry can have both a pike and a sword so he doesn't die when enemy's come close. The way it is now, everyone can get infantry stuff and they don't have anything exclusive

- Also, i would like to see more formation commands like, hold formation, don't move, form square, line up, charge in formation and tactics like ride by ur enemy while firing or hold ur fire until entire squad has reloaded and then shoot. Stuff like that would greatly improve the tactical gameplay

-Why the hell does my entire force (me, 7 lords and the king) give up on a siege while the enemy only has 13 men left just because i happen to die? I can understand that my men want to carry me out of the battle but then at least let the other lords fight on. plz let us chose not to stop the assault and go on and maybe give the option to control one of your hero's when you die so you can just play on(personally, i like the hero commanding option from in all those mods because u could make 1 hero for each kind of troops u control and while u are charging with cavalry, u use cavalry hero...)

-Let it take some time to set up a wagon fort, it just goes to easy. I can flee from and enemy and if he is getting me change into wagon fort mode last moment. This just doesn't make sense

-Let us select which troops we bring into battle plz with a screen before the battle so you can choose how much of each troop you want to fight alongside you

-I hate it when i have to battle the same enemy 3 times in a row because he just doesn't get reinforcements anymore. I would like to see it fixed so that you can choose in options wether or not you wish to stop the attack after a few waves of enemy's

-Plz notify us whenever we are about to enter a part in the storyline where we can actually die and ask us if we are sure to proceed so we have a chance to cancel and save. Once lost hours of gameplay because i came to a part where i could die unprepared

-Plz adjust the size of armor when i give it to a woman. I now have a woman in my party with a male body...WTF
Also, when i try to wear her robe, i suddenly get tits!!! plz fix this

-I love the special proffesions in the "town center" but:-The weapon master should sell exclusive weapons, not just upgraded weapons(espacially melee, there is only 1 special weapon, the damascus steel and that is also just upgraded weapon)
                                                                                    -The masters shouldn't all sell the same things, eastern masters should be more focussed on eastern stuff and western on western stuff
                                                                                    -There should be a special horse race for the horse master because if they sell throughbreds, u can better just go to a random shop
                                                                                    -The masters should travel like the book merchant
                                                                                    -The academy should have more specific options to train at
                                                                                    -You should be able to preview your weapon (only looks, stats should be suprise)

-Plz give me some extra kingdom relations when i take down enemy's or fortresses on my own. It's just not logical that my kingdom loves me more if i help a patrol killing a band of looters than if i take over 3 enemy city's without any help

-Let us gain extra renown whenever we beat a lord, even though we have bigger a when they are chatting in the tavern. But if i manage to take out a king with my army of 250 men and only lose 20 of them, i get about 10 renown. People should be shouting rmy and also look at our casualities. If i beat a band of 20 bandits alone, i get like 20 renown and people say, wow, he is strongthrough the streets that someone beat a king with his "invincible army" but i would get more renown by killing some bandits... where's the logic? I would say, base the renown gain on following points: Your personal kills, The renown of your enemy, the advantage/disadvantage you have, Your party's kill/death ratio. I don't know if it is already like this, but when i look at how low my renown gain is from enemy lords, i think only the advantage/disadvantage is calculated

-I once let and enemy lord leave after i beat him, but when i met him 5 days later, he told me it was stupid i let hetman... leave (why teh hell is he talking bout himself in 3th person?) escape and i lost 20 relation with him... should have let that unthankful basterd go work on a slave galley, he would still love me more than he does now

-If i blow up a castle wall, it isn't normal that the wall stands there again after i left them alone for 5 minutes (i die and siege stops). The blown up castle wall should be there for an entire week making the fortress extremely vulnerable. However, they should make it harder to blow up and let it cost more time. Also, how can i blow up a wall if i don't use any powder? I bought powder especially to blow up walls but it doesn't disappear.

-Then about poisoning water, if they capture me before i poison the water, i don't even get the chance to protect myself and i just get murdered(while i actually haven't done anything bad yet and i am a lord, they should pay some respect goddamnit), however, if i first manage to poison the water and get found out after that, i do get the option to fight my way out and even if it doesn't work and they catch me, i just go to jail. Wait, something is wrong here. I murder them and i go to jail/i just walk around in their city and i get killed WTF!!!

-Guys, plz let us bash with the RIGHT side of the pistol, why do you think there is a heavy pummel on the rearside? The musket should also bash with the butt instead of the barrel. Or add bajonets , then u can keep the barrel-bash

-Plz let us kill that damn annoying prison guard just like in warband... plz... wanna cut his troat...

-Give us a map when we are in town. Been running around 15 minutes to find goddamn prison only to find out that i oculdn't rescue the prisonners by killing the prison guard

I've also got some ideas for in mods:

-I would also like to see some other kinds of bandits just like in warband. We only have looters, bandits, deserters and tatars right now if i'm not mistaken. Also, i would like to see the hideout back (at least, i didn't find one up til now)

-Another thing that would be nice would be nice would be some adventurer party's who roam the land just like you and who can also join kingdoms and stuff like that. With this i would also like the option to group together with some adventurer party's and do quests together and stuff like that.

-Another idea would be including 2 new factions: The Bandits and the Mercenary's. I already thought of something for the bandits but i don't realy know if this would be possible(look bottom of my post, my mod idea for warband), however, it would be nice if there was a place to hide, to sell ur stuff and to recruit troops (bandits) when u are raiding all kingdoms.
The mercenary's would just be random guys roaming the land who u can hire to follow u. They don't join u like the ones in the taverns but they follow u like vassals and help u in ur battles, however, they will quickly turn against u if they are displeased and cost lots of money. This would be nice when u want to start a rebel faction but u don't have any vassals yet so you can just call some mercenary's to your help. With this, i would also like the option to join those mercenary's which means you will have to pay a certain amount of money to them every week(just like troop wages) but also that lords will run up to you and ask you if u would want to help them with certain battles (so you get to battle but don't have to join a faction and the faction u attack while under command won't be very mad with u because ur just a mercenary. Maybe (however, just optional)  we could also make it so that the mercenary captain would sometimes decide to attack a country because it's weak at that moment and start a rebel faction.

-It would be nice to have duelling tournaments with a ladder structure so the winner always moves on to the next enemy. Also, i would like to see the option to duel lords when they refuse to pay their depts and let the sword decide wether he will pay the dept or you will pay it in his place. Friendly duelling should also be available as an option to practice with your hero's or other lords. Finally, i would like to be able to equip a special "duel set", an other armor/weapon set for when you get into a duel because you can't just bring your horse and lance to a duel. This set would be restricted to certain weapons and armors (no lances, grenades, heavy armor...) Think this would be realy nice to have in the game...

I hope u like my points and plz give me some reply  :cool:

wannyboy said:
well, i do like the game however there are a few things i do miss:

-Where the hell is my bashing with spears??? I realy loved that option. Now if u see someone with a spear, u just block down and everything is over. The pike doesn't need his overhead swing but a normal spear does. I would like to see the spear added to the game (now there is only lance and pike) with an option to slash instead of stabbing. And why aren't there any spears at the weapon-master?

Perhaps were outdated in the 17th century in fayor of pikes
or polearms that could do more than just stab (like halbeards)

wannyboy said:
-The rapier needs something fixed in my opinion. Its an OK weapon but i hate the fact that it only has stabbing (again). Maybe u guys could add a slight slashing damage or let him stab high and stab low, so you can't just keep the same block direction all the time.

Good idea

wannyboy said:
-Why did u remove all those awesome warband features? I WANT MY OWN KINGDOM!!! And why can't u make ur own background and choose your gender? This is realy something i miss.

WFaS startet as a mod for warband,
so rather than being removed, you could rather say,
that the WFaS module never had the options that Warband provided enabled.
Who knows if it was intentional because of the story, or because they thought it would be too much work to integrate them into the M&B Module

wannyboy said:
-I would also like to see some other kinds of bandits just like in warband. We only have looters, bandits, deserters and tatars right now if i'm not mistaken. Also, i would like to see the hideout back (at least, i didn't find one up til now)

Deserters come in many flavors,
as they can consist of any troops in service of the military powers.
To reintroduce Hideouts would be an good idea however

wannyboy said:
-Plz give us a notice when we are about to enter a part in the storyline where we can actually die asking us if we realy want to continue and if we want to save first. I didn't know and lost hours of gameplay due to this.

Good idea

wannyboy said:
-Fix things like the fact that they say u need to pay 4500 for a patent while it is actually 45000 or the hand-made mace that is actually a hand made poleaxe

Yep,
seems like it´s just an oversight and can be easily changed,
after all it was correct in the erst european version

wannyboy said:
-I've also got a very weird bug so that i couldn't hire any caravans anymore and my food didn't give any morale (which resulted in 3 rebellions in 1 hour). Due to this i just had to start cheating to make some money. My whole save was ruined!!!
Maybe it is because i just took over a fortress from the polish while i didn't belong to a faction but even so...

Definitely something you should add to the bugtracker (if not already done:
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/

wannyboy said:
-Plz remove the taverns from those little castels, there are just too much of them. Instead, maybe add a mercenary post in each castle where u can hire mercenary's who normally roam the taverns (but no booksellers, hero's, claimants...)

wannyboy said:
-I was quite disappointed when i saw the diplomacy mod wasn't included in the vanilla version of this game

Should be no surprise, after all the diplomacy mod isn´t an official mod that comes from taleworlds

wannyboy said:
- Also, i would like to see more formation commands like, hold formation, don't move, form square, line up, charge in formation and tactics like ride by ur enemy while firing or hold ur fire until entire squad has reloaded and then shoot. Stuff like that would greatly improve the tactical gameplay

Would be a good idea

wannyboy said:
-Where are my beloved tournaments :sad:

17th century,
at this time tournaments weren´t popular anymore

wannyboy said:
-Why the hell does my entire force (me, 7 lords and the king) give up on a siege while the enemy only has 13 men left just because i happen to die? FIX THIS, plz let us chose not to stop the assault and go on and maybe give the option to control one of your hero's when you die so you can just play on(personally, i like the hero commanding option from in all those mods because u could make 1 hero for each kind of troops u control and while u are charging with cavalry, u use cavalry hero...)

Yes, this is something I disliked in Warbands as well.
As certain warband mods (Europe 1200 for example) prove,
this is something that can be fixed.

wannyboy said:
-Let us pay for making this wagon fort, by example 1 tool for each time u build it so people like me can't abuse it to kill army's about 5 times as big as ours with only 1/10 of our units dieing. It is just too overpowered. Maybe making them so that u can use F while standing next to them which enables u to climb over the wagons(they aren't that high so would be quite realistic), however, this would leave u extremely vulnerable.

Nope, I think this to be a bad idea, as wagon forts are just putting your wagons in a circle. So it wouldn´t be too realistic, to have to use tools for this.
But maybe wagon forts should take some time (1-2 hours) to assmemble and you shouldn´t be able to move in wagon fort mode

Hmm i like ur idea about setting up however they should be able to move, otherwise its just an entrenched camp. Even though people in the 17 th century didnt like tournaments i do... I know diplomacy isnt official but that isnt reason for taleworlds to not use it in their game( however maybe copyright problems...) but by now they should already know people dont like that the match ends when they die, almost all warband mods have included free camera after death. Oh yeah sprry for crappy lay out, right now im typing on my ipod

In place of tournaments, I think perhaps there ought to be more dueling... weren't fencing and pistol duels popular during the 17th century or no?

In fact a dueling circuit of sorts would be interesting.

Though if you do go insulting the pub vistors you do get into a sword fight with him... and his two friends, it's not quite the same. Also the whole getting injured from a "duel" mechanic should stay, but there needs to be documentation or warn about the chance of possible permanent stat loss. (I found that highly annoying...) The quest "You have been wounded during a duel" wasn't that informative.

Yeah duelling would indeed be interesting, jaques du clemont even talks about his duel with d'artagnan, from the 4 musketeers. It would be nice to have duelling tournaments with a ladder structure so the winner always moves on to the next enemy. Also, i would like to see the option to duel lords when they refuse to pay their depts and let the sword decide wether he will pay the dept or you will pay it in his place. Friendly duelling should also be available as an option to practice with your hero's or other lords. Finally, i would like to be able to equip a special "duel set", an other armor/weapon set for when you get into a duel because you can't just bring your horse and lance to a duel. This set would be restricted to certain weapons and armors (no lances, grenades, heavy armor...) Think this would be realy nice to have in the game...

Why does noone want to answer me? at least give me a nice discussion or something like that. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE WORLD THINKS ABOUT MY IDEAS!!!

Everyone wants a fair discussion of their ideas, but many times their ideas aren't what people want to discuss. Sad truth of the world, friend.

But, point by point, I'll address your thoughts.

Spears were outdated by this point in military history, and the pike - which was a longer, thinner but sturdy pole topped with a thick steel point - wasn't fit for bashing and was far more effective used to stab. It would be like trying to slap someone to death with a fishing pole, doing 3b damage at MOST. This change allows the AI to properly position themselves while using the pointy end of their sticks, creating some of the best combat AI in melee I've seen in a while.

Once again, the rapier was a dueling weapon with a very thin blade which was very often not edged at all in order to promote the idea of parrying with the blade. Parrying consistently with the edge of a weapon dulls its effectiveness, therefore designing a blade to parry with the thick of the blade and stab with the tip allows for more specialization. There ARE broadswords in the game, and rapiers add to the quality of disparity in the military.

The warband features were never removed because they were never added. This is an expansion to Mount and Blade, not an expansion to Warband.

I never liked the bandit hideouts, so I can't agree with you there. I think they were poorly done in warband. However, there are deserters from every faction - looters, bandits, rebels and tartars. That's about even with what you have in warband. Adding more bandit varieties would just get pointless as they are essentially a stepping stone to beginning the real game.

Yeah, fixing the bugs is not really a point of discussion. They need to be fixed, should have been fixed, but they aren't and might not be for a while. Its not like it is an intentional part of the game.

I like the idea that each fortress is its own small town. As far as I know the traffic these little taverns receive is far less than a town's traffic flow, and the goods a fortress has in stock are never on par with that of towns. This is accurate, and cool. I say its a good change from "station troops here, wait here".

Giving the AI a pike and a sword will result in the AI using the sword. Giving infantry a ranged weapon would make them marksmen. Marksmen typically have less skill and strength in melee encounters than their infantry counterpart, therefore a mass of similarly equipped infantry smashing into marksmen always results in the marksmen getting devastated. There's only so many varieties of sword and polearm without deviating from historical means.

Getting national troops requires you to be a lord of the realm, able to legally levy troops from villages and call upon the nobles to rally to your banner. If you're some Joe Schmoe mercenary captain you should ONLY be able to recruit mercenaries, until you have been recognized by the nation you're trying to impress and are given noble status in the realm. Really, man, think this through logically. I know it might make the game more difficult, but that's a good thing in this case.

I like the idea of having other roaming adventurers, but the problem is that they look exactly like lords. I have this idea of a "highlander" mod where there is a group of adventurers, all 1 man parties at the most, gaining experience and levels when they defeat these other highlanders in combat. They can hone their skills against armies and as mercenaries, like you can, but can never gain the ability to lead men until they become "the one" and have killed all other highlanders in single combat. Well, they're not highlanders, that was just the focus of the movie - they're immortals, and the immortal theme can be played out by explaining why you don't die after being beating in combat over and over again. You would be able to be killed by these immortals, resulting in a game over, but if you manage to kill THEM you can permanent levels (which would be the only way to gain levels, combat proficiency with weapons could be gained just from fighting armies). But I've rambled on too much about this already.

The idea of mercenary captains is implemented in Prophesy of Pendor, but I do like the idea of them roaming the landscape.

Dunno where tournaments went, I guess they weren't popular in this time period.

There's a battle continuation fix for this, but the idea is that your armies are more concerned with saving the life of their lord than winning the siege. In every great siege of history, even at the point of storming the gates and claiming hold of the city, if a king was mortally wounded or injured the entire sieging force would retreat to care for his wounds. Which explains why your character doesn't actually DIE.

I don't like the idea of building the wagon fort with actual building materials, but I do agree with the idea that something needs to be done. There are bugs to be fixed with its implementation, and it just seems overall a clumsily done addition, but I do like the overall feel of it.

I'd also like to see dueling expanded, but this sort of thing will never happen in a content patch as it would be cost ineffective for the producer.

Hhmm, some nices points of complaint, thx :wink:

Well the spear isnt used anymore in official armies but i think bandots would still use regular spears instead using pikes. I dont think pikes should bash either, that is just lame but i really liked bashing with spears because it was a bit martial art style long range(for melee) stunning way of fighting. It was just awesome to bash heavy armored 2hander knights to their doom with a mere "pointy stick"

Well, maybe slashing rapiers isnt good but i would realy like the high stab / low stab option, because a duelling weapon shouldnt be restricted to 1 direction that isnt hard to block, duelling weapons should be the hardest to block of all.

Hmm, maybe u have a point with ur remark that you shouldnt be able to recruit faction troops but i dont like the mercenary system due to huge overpoweredness so there should be weak, cheap alternative, maybe making militia available to everyone even though they dont belong to any faction

About duelling, well maybe i should just look for modder to make it for me :wink:

I'm sure many modders would love to work on something like that...

We just have to wait for Taleworlds to release a module system for WFaS.  :???:

I'd love to go around challenging lords to a duel... hehehe

-The rapier needs something fixed in my opinion. Its an OK weapon but i hate the fact that it only has stabbing (again). Maybe u guys could add a slight slashing damage or let him stab high and stab low, so you can't just keep the same block direction all the time.

The rapier was a stabbing weapon. The blade is too thin for it to be effective at slashing, though that really didn't matter since stabbing wounds are way more deadly that a slashing wound is. Even horrible slashing wounds which cuts several centimeters into a person can more often be taken without being deadly wounded, a stabbing wound however more often punctures organs, something which will more likely kill you. (Also there are the "Broadsword" in wFaS which more or less are the same weapon as the rapier but with a slightly broader blade which allows slashing)

Nypifisel said:

The rapier was a stabbing weapon. The blade is too thin for it to be effective at slashing, though that really didn't matter since stabbing wounds are way more deadly that a slashing wound is. Even horrible slashing wounds which cuts several centimeters into a person can more often be taken without being deadly wounded, a stabbing wound however more often punctures organs, something which will more likely kill you. (Also there are the "Broadsword" in wFaS which more or less are the same weapon as the rapier but with a slightly broader blade which allows slashing)
i already threw away my slashing idea but still want high stab and low stab implented

wannyboy said:
Hi, plz read this text and don't just go away once you have seen how long it is, i put quite some work in it you know...
Oh yeah, editted a bit

To be patched

-Where the hell is my bashing with spears??? I realy loved that option. Now if u see someone with a spear, u just block down and everything is over. The pike doesn't need his overhead swing because that is just lame but a normal spear does. I would like to see the regular spear added to the game (now there is only lance and pike) with an option to slash instead of stabbing. And why aren't there any spears at the weapon-master?

-If possible, i would like to see a patch that gives us some of the epic warband features like own kingdoms and marriage

-I hate it when i have to battle the same enemy 3 times in a row because he just doesn't get reinforcements anymore. I would like to see it fixed so that you can choose in options wether or not you wish to stop the attack after a few waves of enemy's

1. The Spears shouldnt bash but they should just do it like the Spartans and its when your not on horseback
2. Yeah I am pretty bad because has way less features then Warband, they should be added and marriage and the campaign
map should be available in Multi!
3.  When you read the quest in the quests tab, they should say at the end, "Save if Possible" or something like that
4. Yeah like a little guard tower where you can buy the mercenarys in the tavern, and companions should on be available in Cities
5. In Warband and Fire and Sword, the like charge, hold, button is to complicated, they should be like original M&B which was simpler
6. After like 2 days how do I see them have around 200 troops again? its confusing when you just win a battle against them

Assassin123 said:
1. The Spears shouldnt bash but they should just do it like the Spartans and its when your not on horseback
2. Yeah I am pretty bad because has way less features then Warband, they should be added and marriage and the campaign
map should be available in Multi!
3.  When you read the quest in the quests tab, they should say at the end, "Save if Possible" or something like that
4. Yeah like a little guard tower where you can buy the mercenarys in the tavern, and companions should on be available in Cities
5. In Warband and Fire and Sword, the like charge, hold, button is to complicated, they should be like original M&B which was simpler
6. After like 2 days how do I see them have around 200 troops again? its confusing when you just win a battle against them
1. what u mean by spartans? i ment when not using a shield being able to swing them with low damage
3. nice idea
5. ow, well, i think those are ok but i would like more commands
6 lmao i mean that battle goes in different steps with about 100 enemys getting killed each step

1. what u mean by spartans? i ment when not using a shield being able to swing them with low damage
5. ow, well, i think those are ok but i would like more commands

1. Well what I mean is that they just stand still in a line and the enemy charges them and there pikes are just facing forward
5. Ya, Simpler and more commands

Oh you mean phalanx, that would indeed be nice command, hold phalanx, but this would be for pikes, still want normal spears to do badass bashing damage

wannyboy said:
-Where the hell is my bashing with spears??? I realy loved that option. Now if u see someone with a spear, u just block down and everything is over. The pike doesn't need his overhead swing because that is just lame but a normal spear does. I would like to see the regular spear added to the game (now there is only lance and pike) with an option to slash instead of stabbing.
The down-block == nullified spears is an engine/animation issue that does need to be addressed in their next engine, I agree. It shouldn't be so easy to block a spear thrust with a sword or axe or whatever.

However, removing other attacks from spears and pikes has resulted (as folks have noticed by modding Warband) in the more accurate use of pikes and spears against cavalry. No longer do we see the absurd overhead whap-whap against the riders of horses, but the AI bots actively attacking mounts, etc. It at least looks significantly better...and may be a more realistic function. Polearms (other than halberds, etc) for jabbing from a distance, otherwise you need to change to sword.

Back
Top Bottom