Suggestion for Dev/Mod. Warband feature, changing unit formation #

Users who are viewing this thread

To be terse: To allow the formation number a unit is switched to to save and be persistent even after reloading the save.

Warband had a feature where you could customize what group the unit would belong to.
i.g, I can switch my companions to belong to a group called "companions"

That isn't the point of this request. The point is there are 8 banner groups, but changing into those groups gets reset after loading a save.
Companions are set on 1, infantry. They can be changed to a different formation, and upon loading the save again the companions are once again back to their default formation setting.

So question then. Are you only allowed to keep your infantry, archers and cavalry separate in Bannerlord? Can you not do mixed arms/unit tactics by putting different type of units into one group? I've been watching videos but I watch them on my phone and can't get a good feel for how the unit divisions work.

The 'banner' system, pun intended, is not as good as warband. They are pre selected, by they I mean the units, into their respective categories. That isn't an issue since you can change those designations.

Problem is right now after you reload your save those changes are reset to default, I do not know why. So I gave up trying to change up my units into different places.

i.e:
In warband I would have my cavalry, light and heavy separate from my companions. But in this game the companions are bunched up with my cavalry and I'd have to manually switch my companions out of that banner every time the game loads.

Back
Top Bottom