[Suggestion] Fix the 1st person xbow view.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
Having played around little with 1st person and xbow without crosshairs it has become quite obvious that the view is way too far to left. The way you aim an xbow is that you look down the bolt directly from over it. Currently it is too much to the left.
I would've posted screenshots to make the point but noone agreed to help me out (on several servers too...  :evil:)

PsykoOps said:
Having played around little with 1st person and xbow without crosshairs it has become quite obvious that the view is way too far to left. The way you aim an xbow is that you look down the bolt directly from over it. Currently it is too much to the left.
I would've posted screenshots to make the point but noone agreed to help me out (on several servers too...  :evil:)

I think I would agree with you here.

Ok, finally someone aided me and got the screenshots I wanted. Thanks fredelios.

This is how the aiming is now:

mb87.jpg

And this is closer to how it should be:

mb86.jpg

Nice picture. But the crossbow should be just a bit lower imo, so the tip of the bolt is in the center of the screen.

The part where the bolt would hit should be in the center I think. So maybe little lower than that. That's just a reference picture to what direction it should be taken. Also it might need to be little closer to the bolt also, this is quite far back.

I kinda got used to aiming like that  :wink: but I really don't use 1st person, unless I have to aim above my head, which is impossible in 3rd person. But I agree ao this one. My impression while aimin in 1st person is that the crossbow (and bow) shoot a little higher than when you play in 3rd person. I can try to make a small test on a server when I'll join.  :cool:

Strangely enough, the bow in 1st person seemed really natural and easy without crosshairs. I can't be sure why thought. It could be moved a little also towards right to simulate the fact that you aim with your dominant right eye or if that's a problem by squinting or closing the left one.

Yeah, true that. This is a little bit of an issue if you wan't to go for the full immersion experience and turn all death notices, friendly names and crosshairs off.

in that picture is still not quite right. You're not going to hold it right under your chin, which is what it looks like in your example. It still needs to be held in a way that properly supports it  while you aim. I cant say exactly but it still doesn't seem quite right the way you have it.

Great suggestion. In that picture though, wouldn't it make sense for the crossbow to be a bit more level? So that your eye lines up with both the bolt and those little notches to the sides of it? I'm not claiming to know anything about medieval weaponry, but my instinct tells me that that's how you'd aim. Maybe too Call of Duty-esque though, not sure if that's okay or bad.

Although one problem that could happen with that is if you take longer shots where gravity compensation is needed, you might have to aim so high above the enemy that the crossbow would be covering your view of them. So... maybe not.

Yes of course. That was just a reference to where it should be taken from where it is now. That is a screenshot taken on uneven terrain through spectator mode while fredelios (thx) held the xbow.

Back
Top Bottom