[Suggestion] Fifth weapon slot (or load-out options) to cater for hide-outs and sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Me, too. I enter a siege or hideout without shield, and I'm always like Ah ****, here we go again...
I'm the exact opposite. I usually always have a sword, shield, and lance, because I like to play calvary, but I ALWAYS forget to swap out my lance for a bow and stack of arrows when I go into a siege. It's usually easy to snipe enemies on the walls to help your AI allies. But I rarely remember to adjust my equipment ahead of time.

I'm the exact opposite. I usually always have a sword, shield, and lance, because I like to play calvary, but I ALWAYS forget to swap out my lance for a bow and stack of arrows when I go into a siege. It's usually easy to snipe enemies on the walls to help your AI allies. But I rarely remember to adjust my equipment ahead of time.
A siege without a ranged weapon sounds even less fun than having no shield. I can at least hide behind an ally... ?

when you are about to enter battle, your inventory is perfectly accessible. Problem is, that with a melee weapon, a crossbow with 20/40 bolts isnt going to achieve much. 60 bolts no melee weapon, only to pick up from the ground ? But you can have this an an excess of 96 arrows btw.

For siege, the inventory is too small, when you really want to use crossbow. There is no inventory to access as in field battles in warband so far. This could be a thing, so if you dont want to use siege equipment, just skirmish to soften defenders, if assaulting is actually difficult. Or have arrow/bolt buckets to get to the mantlets orr something.

then you might have some weaponry that is better suited to sieges like great crossbows, if they make it in the game that is.

Me, too. I enter a siege or hideout without shield, and I'm always like Ah ****, here we go again...
For me its forgetting to change weapons for my companions, from spear to 1h and back after the siege. I can often find lots of interesting shields and 1h weapons laying around by the time its my turn to climb the ladder.

A siege without a ranged weapon sounds even less fun than having no shield. I can at least hide behind an ally... ?

It's definitely frustrating. I usually stand behind a barricade and watch as my idiot allies take arrows to the face until either a ram has broken down the front gate, or else siege ladders have been deployed. Once that happens then everything's fine. I just charge into the frey and start killing with my sword and board. Heh.

Back
Top Bottom