SP - General Suggestion: Dynamic World Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Before I continue, I want to make it known I've never played Crusader Kings but I am indeed aware that a system similar to this is present in that game. I'm not suggesting we try to turn Bannerlord into CK by any means, however a system like this would I think add more depth to the world of Bannerlord and contribute to player immersion making for more interesting gameplay.

The goal of these events would be to make Calradia feel more dynamic and alive, where player decisions and mother nature have real ramifications on the campaign map.

In my proposal I have divided these events into two categories, Non-decision and decision events. Here are some samples of what I came up with:

Non-decision event example:

-Earthquake (Has a 0.2% chance of occurring in any settlement. When it occurs: determine severity scale of 1-3, 1 being small, 2 being medium, 3 being large.)
Player Notifications:
If 1 is rolled: "A small earthquake has shaken the countryside, aside from a few broken pots, nothing of significant value was lost in Pravend."
If 2 is rolled: "An earthquake has rattled the countryside, damaging important infrastructure and historical landmarks in Pravend."
If 3 is rolled: "A devastating earthquake has ravaged the countryside destroying several buildings, killing many citizens of Pravend."
Effects:
If 1 is rolled: Subtract 5% of total settlement prosperity. Reduce settlement prosperity gain by 5% for 3 days.
If 2 is rolled: Subtract 10% of total settlement prosperity. Reduce settlement prosperity gain by 10% for 7 days.
If 3 is rolled: Subtract 20% of total settlement prosperity. Reduce settlement prosperity gain by 20% for 14 days.

Decision event example:

-Plague (Has a 0.3% chance to occur in any large settlement every new day)
Player Notification:
"Reports suggest that a sickness is rapidly spreading throughout your settlement "Pravend", as more and more peasants flock to the city. You decide to:"

Decision:
A. Close the gates and put the settlement on quarantine.
B. Purge the infected population.
C. Dismiss the reports as mere rumors.

Effects:
A. Disables settlements prosperity gain entirely for 14 in game days.
Settlement loyalty is decreased by a value within a range of 15-30%
Prevents the spread of disease to nearby settlements.

B. Subtract 75-90% of the settlements total prosperity. Settlement loyalty is decreased by a value within a range of 50-75%.
Prevents the spread of disease to nearby settlements.
Reputation with nearby notables is decreased by -10.

C. 25% chance for the plague to have no effect whatsoever.
75% chance for the plague to spread to nearby settlements.
If this happens:
Subtract 65-85% of the settlements total prosperity.
Disable settlement prosperity gain entirely for 30 in game days.
Infect the nearest large settlement with the plague.

Other Events:
Holiday Festivals
Weddings
Feasts
Public Executions
Assassinations
Territory Negotiations
Local Elections
Moral Dilemmas
Hurricanes
Wild Fires
Blizzards
Sand Storms
Tornados
Floods
Droughts
Rescue Missions
Ambushes
Military Parades
Prisoner Interrogations
Criminal Trials
War Counsel
Population Crisis
Riots

How do you feel about this idea being implemented into bannerlord?
What are your thoughts about the examples mentioned above?
If you like the idea, are there any other events that you want to see added?
Let me know in the comments I am curious to see how everyone feels about this.

Last edited:
Very good suggestion!

Miss 1 - "Encounters on the road". Everything from brigands ambushing to a caravan in great need with a quest to wanderes or farmers with opinons.

Very good suggestion!

Miss 1 - "Encounters on the road". Everything from brigands ambushing to a caravan in great need with a quest to wanderes or farmers with opinons.
Ah great Idea, I thought about mentioning ambushes and rescue missions but I wasn't sure if these would be better suited to being regular encounters or would fit better in this event system, but now that you mention it I could see these fitting nicely alongside the others.

Ah great Idea, I thought about mentioning ambushes and rescue missions but I wasn't sure if these would be better suited to being regular encounters or would fit better in this event system, but now that you mention it I could see these fitting nicely alongside the others.

I´d say both. Some more party-types, like deserters and slavers from warband. But the map is far too "lively" to give the player the chance to save a badly wounded caravan, to feature a failing "wonna-be player"- Wanderer or ambush with a challanging size(In warband, ambush was a RNG when you encountered a party, you could have been hunting it for hours! A scripted ambush would be a real surprise-ambush)

Many of the mods from Warband like Brytenwalda used events to spice up the world. I find everyday life as a warlord can become quite grindy as the sieges, marches and mass bloodletting carry on and on. Events would diversify the experience and promote longevity in the long campaigns for continental domination

I find everyday life as a warlord can become quite grindy as the sieges, marches and mass bloodletting carry on and on.
Exactly! The battles are fun and all, but since it's 90% of Bannerlord's gameplay it gets very repetitive very quickly, especially since Ai commanders are limited in tactical decision-making, basically resulting in the same battle every time you play.

These events could add a lot more depth to the gameplay and extend the longevity of Bannerlord's replayability.

Last edited:
-Plague (Has a 0.3% chance to occur in any large settlement every new day)
Player Notification:
"Reports suggest that a sickness is rapidly spreading throughout your settlement "Pravend", as more and more peasants flock to the city. You decide to:"
I added some form of this into the game with my mod. I guess it's partially more complex than your suggestion and some parts are lacking the decisions you suggested. But feel free to take a look and give me some feedback

And I'm +1 for seeing dynamic world events in Bannerlord vanilla as well. But I'm 90% sure that.. eh.. they won't add anything like that because it increases the complexity of the game

If you make it so the decisions require influence to choose more beneficial decisions or skill checks for certain decisions, I'm all for this.
+1

This 100%

Even just a few of those things listed in OP sound entertaining

Would love to see these kinds of things actually play out, war counsels and parades, weddings and negotiations and such in scenes though, rather than just have a quick pop-up with effects shown in text.

Back
Top Bottom