SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [suggestion] Creating strengths of children of main character

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like a way to guide and influence the skills of my characters children. Would like to know what ideas others may have. My ideas:

1) Child will have a 50/50 chance of the culture benefit of mom or Dad. I both parents same culture then a bigger benefit. (ie Vlandian - 20% more battle experience Dad, Battanians Forest speed penalty reduce - Mom or 25% more battle experience if both mom and dad are vlandian).

2)Increased beginning skills since children of a noble - better riding since access to horses as noble greater, increased social or intelligence since better chance for higher education and social interactions.

3) At age 7-8 a notice pops up like child birth. Your child spent his free time with (you select one and each impacts the skills)....
time with common soldiers - increased weapons (main weapons for the culture - Vlandian - 1 hand, polearm and crossbow)
time with towns folk - increased roguery, smithing, trade
time with hunters - scouting. bow athletics
castle court - charm, leadership, steward
court advisers - engineering, medicine, tactics

4) At age 12 child is given special training (like an apprenticeship).
military - increased weapons skills
leadership - stewardship, tactics, charm,
academics - medicine, engineering, trade

I feel they should join your party at age 16. They can then marry after age 18 (not historical accurate but socially acceptable).

Last edited:
Exactly. My character has 7 kids. It would be great to get them ready for different party roles similar to the NPCs that you recruit to your clan. Prepare some for marriage to strengthen your kingdom or clan. One with military strength, one with medicine, engineering or tactic strength.

Back
Top Bottom