(Suggestion) Censoring

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Warband comes out, there will inevitably be a large number of people who make "St0p teh cu$$in'" style threads.  This will be rather annoying, as many players, including myself on occasion, swear.  Therefore, I propose Warband have a option to censor all the offending language.  Censored word lists could be created by volunteers, or some testers could be conscripted into putting together a "naughty word" log, for the benefit of all the players.

If anyone disagrees with having a personal option to censor crude language other than for the sake of the developers' effort management, he's an idiot.

Bad language/behavior is something you cant hide from  :lol: ....specially on the internet.

Plus word filters are really easy to trick. Just put spaces or dashes between letters or spell just slightly different.

We must all be oblivious to the "Mute Player" option that was implemented a little while ago.

There's no need for long lists of swear words and 20 alternate spellings for each when you can just mute each player who says things you find disagreeable.

Oh yes, when you have people killing each other, it's important that they don't swear in the process. It's why murderers get double their sentence if they are caught using naughty language.

Swadius said:
Oh yes, when you have people killing each other, it's important that they don't swear in the process. It's why murderers get double their sentence if they are caught using naughty language.

Yes, video game or TV violence negatively affects the brain just as much as vocabularies consisting only of curses.

No thank you. I like to express myself, and if I've suffered a humiliating defeat, swearing is a nice way to emphasise my feelings at that exact moment. And it should entertain the opponent who just won, as well. Naturally, if some pubescent brat desperately tries to impersonate Swearingen and keeps calling everyone a cocksucker or somesuch without implying in any way that he doesn't mean to offend, there's always the option to kick him.

EDIT: Well, if it's a personal choice? Well, knock yourself out.

I wouldn't use it unless someone was being a real ass, but that's what the "Mute Player" option is for.  However, if it's a personal preference, I wouldn't object either.

Savage 2 censored curses by changing them into other words, which I found quite amusing for a while. If someone typed 'suck', the chat said 'tickle'. Don't really remember the other ones.

I'd like to have it, but I agree that it isn't a big priority.  By the way, I gotta chuckle at the people who miss the "client-side option" bit.  :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom