Suggestion. Building in towns and castles is way too fast and free. Maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

andycott

Sergeant
?
I suggest that building speed should be decreased pretty much (f.e. at least x3x5 times) and it should take even more time for some constructions in towns and castles to be built.
Building also shouldn't be free. There are some projects, that may be free or cost practically nothing, but these should maybe be only a few of 1 tier.
And increasing speed x2 should cost more than 500 gold a day, so that you would think twice before doing so.
Right now building a fortune is not very hard. So at least it may also balance economy a little, not saying about it's way too unrealistic to build most of constructions in 1-3 ingame days.
I'm aware that in Bannerlord a year consists of 84 days, so 1 Bannerlord day should be considered as 4-5 days. And it's still too easy and fast to build every city project.

Buildings constantly need to be maintained with little money. The higher the tier, the more money. If you don't have money, there is a bar of building decaying. So you have time to get money. Not like one day, a long process too.
Also after sieges some buildings can be damaged and you need a little money and time to reestablish them.

It would also be nice to be able to upgrade your villages in some way.

I understand that it's a game, but still the building is too fast.

UPD. My other suggestions connected with this thread one way or another.
Build your own fief with future upgrades. Detailed.
Capitals/all fiefs with unique buildings and additional opportunities.

UPD. Some of my other threads, which are not exactly connected with this topic, but can make this game better in one way or another:
Suggestion. Make training grounds the new main source of training, especially for recruits. Add recruiters and patrols in the game.
Suggestion. Building in towns and castles is way too fast and free. Maintenance.
Tools to balance food and prosperity. Detailed suggestions for food shortages.
Suggestions. Maths and Winter attrition for balance. Detailed explanation
Hideout difficulty. A possible solution, both if you like or hate them. Detailed.

Mod slightly connected with the thread. A tool to invest in villages.

Last edited:
+1, why does building stone castle walls cost me nothing? the 2 villages produce grain for christ sake, where did they get that much stone for free? Most of the building should have denar costs and quite high ones at that, since a simple workshop in a city costs 15k, giant walls around my castle should cost like 100k or more. It should be a goal to work toward, making your castles and cities as strong as possible. Not projects completed in a week for free.

+1, why does building stone castle walls cost me nothing? the 2 villages produce grain for christ sake, where did they get that much stone for free? Most of the building should have denar costs and quite high ones at that, since a simple workshop in a city costs 15k, giant walls around my castle should cost like 100k or more. It should be a goal to work toward, making your castles and cities as strong as possible. Not projects completed in a week for free.
Absolutely! And it concerns every construction.
But, yes, walls are probably the most expensive and it makes no sense that these are even free and are upgraded this fast.

I'd suggest some buildings that provides a choice, one or the other. Otherwise it will just be: Get all buildings regardless, don't even think about it.

If you have a building slot that you need to choose, lets say you either build an expanded dungeon making it harder for prisoners to escape or use that for some security troops that makes it harder/slower for bandits to establish hideouts in the close vicinity. You can't have both bonuses you need to make a choice, would be one way to make it more interesting.

I'd suggest some buildings that provides a choice, one or the other. Otherwise it will just be: Get all buildings regardless, don't even think about it.

If you have a building slot that you need to choose, lets say you either build an expanded dungeon making it harder for prisoners to escape or use that for some security troops that makes it harder/slower for bandits to establish hideouts in the close vicinity. You can't have both bonuses you need to make a choice, would be one way to make it more interesting.
I don't you should have to choose between certain buildings. There is no logical reason for that.

I think the challenging thing should be what should i do first.
Use my money for troops? Troop upgrades, health buildings, security buildings, prosperity, food, bether defenses, troop training, equipment for you or companions, bether prison.
You shouldn't constantly swim in money so choosing between what to get first should be challenging.

I don't you should have to choose between certain buildings. There is no logical reason for that.

I think the challenging thing should be what should i do first.
Use my money for troops? Troop upgrades, health buildings, security buildings, prosperity, food, bether defenses, troop training, equipment for you or companions, bether prison.
You shouldn't constantly swim in money so choosing between what to get first should be challenging.

Yes and no. For some buildings it would make sense to have to choose, of course not all. Currently you can only have three workshops in a town. The workshops affects what is available in the strade menu, they are limited to only three workshops.

Imagine that you have all the current buildings you currently have, don't change those at all, plus two new buildslots where you will have to make a choice. I personally think that would be nice.

For some buildings it would make sense to have to choose, of course not all. Currently you can only have three workshops in a town. The workshops affects what is available in the strade menu, they are limited to only three workshops.

Imagine that you have all the current buildings you currently have, don't change those at all, plus two new buildslots where you will have to make a choice. I personally think that would be nice.
Yes. If it's well implemented, than would certainly make the fief management more different and interesting.

Similar suggestion from my other thread.
?
What can be added in general.
Unique buildings and an option to choose between building different types of buildings, so every fief would have it's specialization.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom