[Suggestion / Bug] Problem with item slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
This is a topic I've meant to do for a long while but forgot about it. It seems that if I see a better weapon than my free scimitar as an archer and I drop the scim to pick something up the game doesn't recognize that I replaced the scimitar. If I live to the next round I spawn with a new free scimitar, the weapon I picked and have lost one stack of my arrows instead.

Not so afaik. I've had to fiddle around with the inventory slots many times to get rid of something. I didn't buy anything new but I had to switch the slots around to get the picked item replaced. That however isn't the problem here although it would be a very good idea if picked items would show up in the slots as themselves.

Question....

Is your scimitar before or after your arrows in the list?

Did you shoot one stack's worth of arrows before picking up the other weapon?

If the scimitar is after the arrows, and you fired enough, it may be that the new weapon is taking up the empty stack's slot and not that of the dropped scimitar.

I can't remember specifics. It has happened many times over and it is very possible that it took the place of the empty stacks. If so it should be changed that if you drop a weapon that slot will be registered as free and then when you pick up something it should go to that instead of the arrow slot.

That is how it works. If you drop a weapon and disarm the bow then you pick up the 2nd weapon, it will occupy the first weapon's slot, not the arrows.

Perhaps you didn't disarm the bow?

However it currently is working the weapon replacement system needs an overhaul. It shouldn't be a juggling match to get that bastard sword to replace your scimitar instead of your rather essential arrows, as an archer. Simply make the picked up weapon appear in an item slot in the equipment menu, so you can choose what it is replacing.

Bah, you probably shot a quiver's worth of arrows, which was above (in your equipment screen) the scimitar you dropped.

It seems to me that the item you pick up takes the empty slot closest to the top of the four. Thus if you dropped the scimitar, shot the arrows, and the arrows were above the scimitar, the new weapon would fill the slot of the arrows.

Yeah that's perhaps how it happens. I don't rearrange the slots when I buy stuff. This should be changed as soon as possible so first available free slot would be the one you just made empty by dropping something.
Omzdog: Yeah I disarmed the bow. I switch to scimitar, drop it with g and then pick something up. The item picked up doesn't go to the slot that is currently 'equipped' instead it automatically replaces one of the arrow stacks and stays there at the respawn.

Back
Top Bottom