[Suggestion Box]

Users who are viewing this thread

Waldzios said:
I'm not sure  :wink:, we can add oval shields, but IMHO the illustrations probably show round shields seen from angles, there probably were some oval shields in use ,  but AFAIK the most Italian museum pieces are standard shape rondache.

Italian harness and rondache from 16th century:
1960081120_d1d423aec0_o.jpg
It was not the 1st time ,already noticed those oval shield ,in late french enluminures some of them have weird "3d" monster faces.
Well few sources I can find instantly :
altichiero_battaglia_padova_355.jpg
armorlp6.jpg

15i4.jpg
410-2611.jpg
IRHT_085662-p.jpg
1200996478_w251.gif
000ee2ca_medium.jpeg
x24dwx.jpg
1KH2.jpg
outremer.jpg
Yeah outremer pic is outdated ,shown it just for the shield shape
Zimke if you're interested about sources on "3d" monster face shields I could print stuff.

I didn't wrote that oval shield not existed, I'm aware there is plenty of oval light infantry shields, and oval hand pavises in iconography, although mostly wooden ones  :wink:, Zimke wrote about making oval version of metal rondache and I have doubts about that one only :neutral:, as there is plenty of museum pieces of classical (round) rondaches and not many oval ones.

pageant_shield_01.jpg

pageant_shield_02.jpg

pageant_shield_03.jpg

pageant_shield_04.jpg

pageant_shield_05.jpg

pageant_shield_06.jpg

pageant_shield_07.jpg

pageant_shield_08.jpg

Waldzios said:
I didn't wrote that oval shield not existed, I'm aware there is plenty of oval light infantry shields, and oval hand pavises in iconography, although mostly wooden ones  :wink:, Zimke wrote about making oval version of metal rondache and I have doubts about that one only, as there is plenty of museum pieces of classical round rondaches and not many oval ones.
Didn't got it ,Forgot I written "metal"  :oops: . You're always right Waldzios .

YourStepDad said:
What's this with armor points? :razz:
Even if m2tw sucks in terms of accuracy their italian militians rule  :lol:

So, hi everyone!

Firstly, I'm new here, so forgive me for doing any and all stupid things that new guys do. (Or don't.)

But how do you like the idea of making the map actually have two contnents, or land masses separated by sea, on of which would host the vanila M&B factions and the other the AoC ones?

Liamar said:
But how do you like the idea of making the map actually have two contnents, or land masses separated by sea, on of which would host the vanila M&B factions and the other the AoC ones?
We are close to beta release and the map part of work is basically finished.
Changing map at this stage and doing massive work of placing centers and spawnpoints, trade routes etc from beginning would be strange at least  :grin:.
Adding vanilla factions and equipment, after we spend time removing it would be even stranger  :mrgreen:

But vanilla factions are still in.
And it was just an idea. Ideas don't need your reality messing with them.  :lol:

Excellent ,thanks! :grin:

plus:

by George Gush
FOR THE WARGAMER or the military modeller, the period from the mid-15th to the mid-17th century must be one of the most fascinating, most colourful, most complex and yet most neglected of periods.
    It starts with the Renaissance and the waning of the Middle Ages, and in warfare as in nearly every other sphere, this was an age of change.

Waldzios said:
Liamar said:
But vanilla factions are still in.
Only by name. Old names are used to keep action in Calradia, but factions are totally remade.

Well, yes, it's an Age of Change after all.
I just thought it would be neat, and would fit the Calradian lore better, for example explaining that the Nords are the Vikings raiders that came and settled from the other continent with new factions, which, being on the  other continent wouldn't interfere with Calradian lore belivability.

Since the map is already done (And how well! :grin:) from what I have seen, then it's probably too late now.
Maybe in a version 6.0, or in a submod.  :roll:

There's a lot historical Ottoman, Moscow, Balkan etc. items in the mod, so i would like to ask will there be any items or other stuff of Zaporozhian Cossacks?

Shamble said:
There's a lot historical Ottoman, Moscow, Balkan etc. items in the mod, so i would like to ask will there be any items or other stuff of Zaporozhian Cossacks?
We don't have Zaporozhian Cossacks as separate faction. ATM there are few mercenary troops (probably with mini-tree in later releases) and some bandit troops.

About items, there is not much of items that you can call "stuff of Zaporozhian Cossacks", we have some cossack sabers (not sure if already done or still on TODO list ?) and probably some clothes will be add, the rest of equipment is generally borrowed from neighboring factions.

If you have some ideas for equipment, you can post it and we will look into it.

Stepdude, I never once mentioned "native" factions. They are there, they still are called the same and I assume still have he same lore and history.
My suggestion never had anything to do with any vanilla units/troop trees/items.

Liamar said:
I never once mentioned "native" factions. They are there, they still are called the same and I assume still have he same lore and history.
My suggestion never had anything to do with any vanilla units/troop trees/items.
Then I understand "which would host the vanila M&B factions and the other the AoC ones" wrong (I thought you were saying about native and AOCII factions :sad:).
If you were just saying about faction placement then sorry, it have much more sense.

Still it's to late for this, plus there are some strategical flaws. Both old and new factions are based on historical nations (mostly from the same continent), and the in-game placement is slightly similar to 'real' one. IMHO some factions must have 'natural' enemies/neighbors, dividing it by ocean may only kill the fun.

About lore, it's almost 300 years later, so the history and lore had to change with time, the Calradia basically evolved into 'alternative' version of 15/16th century Europe.

Back
Top Bottom