populations; don't know what you mean by that
new things to build in cities; not sure about that
battle formations;added
cannons; will be added, just have to texture the cannon
random events;don't know what you mean by that
formations ai; that's battle formations there
more control and customization over kingdom and troops is made
change sieges;we have new scenes, no more 1 ladder jamming
add towns people fleeing or something like that; that's just silly (thou there may be some townsman joining the defenders,  who knows, it's mistery :smile: )
some chaos during the sieges; sieges are already chaos
cavalry charge more powerful; it's powerful as it is

Attrition and Supply Lines would be welcome so the enemy has to strategically wage war instead of going straight for your towns castles should also be placed at choke points and important areas to further this goal.

Magnum said:
Attrition and Supply Lines would be welcome so the enemy has to strategically wage war instead of going straight for your towns castles should also be placed at choke points and important areas to further this goal.
Sounds like a  great idea, but it would have to be something implemented later on i reckon.

Knights of St. John & Ottomans of the 1480 siege of Rhodes in William Caoursin's Obsidionis Rhodiae Urbis Descriptio, Ulm 1496 edition.
attachment.php

Zyzymus is the Latin name for Cem (Djem), a contestant to be Ottoman Sultan.

Folio 03v. The Ottoman fleet arriving by sea.
Folio 05r. Moles and broken Tower of Saint Nicholas: and the combat on sea and land.
Folio 06v. Tower of St. Nicholas, and the Church of St. Anthony.
Folio 08r. The Siege of Rhodes.
Folio 09v. Seorius being hanged.
Folio 10v. Turkish spokesman and Niles Therosolimitanus talking together.
Folio 12v. Combat of turks with soldiers and citizens of Rhodes.
Folio 13v. A Christian ship is attacked by twenty turkish galleys.
Folio 14v. The Turkish Fleet departs.
Folio 20v. Zyzymus with several Turks riding.
Folio 21v. Brothers Bayezid and Zyzymus with several turks, fighting [each other] turkish fashion.
Folio 23r. Zyzymus fleeing on horse with some Turks.
Folio 24r. Zyzymus addressing the Sultan, ruler of Babylonia and Egypt.
Folio 25v. Zyzymus riding with several Turks.
Folio 29v. The Master with Baiuliuis the prioribus: speakers to their front clothed turkish fashion.
Folio 30v. Order of Rhodes ship bringing Zyzymus to the Master.
Folio 31v. Zyzymus and the captain of the Rhodian fleet conversing.

MIRROR SITE
Knights of St. John & Ottomans of the 1480 siege of Rhodes in William Caoursin's Obsidionis Rhodiae Urbis Descriptio, Ulm 1496 edition.

Druzhina
15th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

I've been looking at the item progress thread, and there is no question, no exaggeration, the amount of work you've done is beyond amazing. I just can't stop thinking how you've managed to make so many items, let alone stylize them so well.

One thing I've been wondering about however is...what about architecture? Will it be fully new? I'd hate to see all that new gear, civilian clothes etc. play out on now utterly extracted vanilla scenes. It is in a way unused potential.

Just imagine staying in a run down Nordic town with wooden houses, wheat roofs and mud in abundance, only to find yourself in a beautiful renaissance town several in-game days later.

Same thing goes for battlefield scenes, including flora and scene objects. I'd like to see something other than just using Polished_Landscapes. Feel you've got enormous potential here too.

I'd simply like it if all the native scenes/items would get purged or, because this is Calradia, heavily upgraded.

And what of texts, quests, and lore in general?

Now onto some real suggestions.

Will there be a variety of bandits & bandit related items? I sure hope so. :grin:

I've read about your not-every-troop-is-a-clone thingie and absolutely LOVED IT. Now, can you give some love to the peasants(as well as bandits) making them very irregular when it comes to equipment, and varying heavily depending on the nation. I'd love to have a real mob of peasants coming at me with torches and various types of shovels and pitchforks. :grin:

Likewise, I feel there is vast potential with peasant clothing, for example

- giving Slavic style peasants white clothing variants such as nošnjas and maramas for women(:razz:)

- giving Western style peasants generally darker clothing, ala the iconic English peasant wearing a hood/cap(Both already in vanilla), brown shirt with long sleeves and brown leather pants that only stretch to the knee.

- giving Nordic peasants very plain dark agey clothing, possibly with decorations on sleeves of both shirt and pants. TW has handled this decently with vanilla, but it could use some work.

If you deem this is worthy of looking at and need pictures, do tell.

Also, another thing I think is a norm for any medieval game involving guards.
Guards leaning against their spears, preferably lazily leaning and having a nap

I hope you know what I'm talking about, finding a picture is impossible. :razz:

Found it:

-1855576968.jpg

Likewise, guards in courts holding their spears, halberds properly.

Great stuff, thanks :smile:

YourStepDad said:
I've been looking at the item progress thread, and there is no question, no exaggeration, the amount of work you've done is beyond amazing. I just can't stop thinking how you've managed to make so many items, let alone stylize them so well.

One thing I've been wondering about however is...what about architecture? Will it be fully new? I'd hate to see all that new gear, civilian clothes etc. play out on now utterly extracted vanilla scenes. It is in a way unused potential.

Just imagine staying in a run down Nordic town with wooden houses, wheat roofs and mud in abundance, only to find yourself in a beautiful renaissance town several in-game days later.

Same thing goes for battlefield scenes, including flora and scene objects. I'd like to see something other than just using Polished_Landscapes. Feel you've got enormous potential here too.

I'd simply like it if all the native scenes/items would get purged or, because this is Calradia, heavily upgraded.

And what of texts, quests, and lore in general?

Now onto some real suggestions.

Will there be a variety of bandits & bandit related items? I sure hope so. :grin:

I've read about your not-every-troop-is-a-clone thingie and absolutely LOVED IT. Now, can you give some love to the peasants(as well as bandits) making them very irregular when it comes to equipment, and varying heavily depending on the nation. I'd love to have a real mob of peasants coming at me with torches and various types of shovels and pitchforks. :grin:

Likewise, I feel there is vast potential with peasant clothing, for example

- giving Slavic style peasants white clothing variants such as nošnjas and maramas for women(:razz:)

- giving Western style peasants generally darker clothing, ala the iconic English peasant wearing a hood/cap(Both already in vanilla), brown shirt with long sleeves and brown leather pants that only stretch to the knee.

- giving Nordic peasants very plain dark agey clothing, possibly with decorations on sleeves of both shirt and pants. TW has handled this decently with vanilla, but it could use some work.

If you deem this is worthy of looking at and need pictures, do tell.

Also, another thing I think is a norm for any medieval game involving guards.
Guards leaning against their spears, preferably lazily leaning and having a nap

I hope you know what I'm talking about, finding a picture is impossible. :razz:

Found it:

-1855576968.jpg

Likewise, guards in courts holding their spears, halberds properly.
So many questions :smile:

-there will be some new architecture, at least new towns, we do have new buildings as well.

-Considering the amount of towns and vilages replacing all native scenes would be a silly thing to do.

-Bandits are totaly rewamped, we gave them special attention and variety in the regions is huge. The whole bandit system is improved on a whole new level. Also

-peasant clothes, some generic clothes is made, as for explicitly one culture specific clothes, later on will be made.

...so much for now, back to work.

Italian Illustrations of Costume and Soldiers

Paintings of Italian Soldiers of the mid to late 15th Century
A 1506 print of the Battle of Fornovo 1495
attachment.php

Paintings of Italian Soldiers of the early 16th Century
Renaissance Italians by George Gush

Larger scale paintings with more detail:
Filippo Scolari by Andrea del Castagno, 1455
The condottiere Farinata degli Uberti in a mural by Andrea del Castagno in the refectory in Sant Apollonia In Florence, c1455.
The taking of Pisa - unknown Florentine master of the 1460s: detail of left
The battle of Anghiari - unknown Florentine master of the 1460s
Battle between Heraclius and Chosroes by Piero della Francesca, ca. 1466
Conversion of St. Paul by Luca Signorelli, ca. 1470
Federigo de Montefeltro by Della Francesca c.1470
Fresco in the Chapel of San Fiorenzo by Bastia di Mondovi, 1472
Another fresco in the Chapel of San Fiorenzo by Bastia di Mondovi, 1472
Miracle of St Bernard by Perugino, 1473
The Betrayal - Detail of Last Supper by Cosimo Rosselli, 1481-82, Sistine Chapel, Vatican City
Delivery of the keys by Pietro Perugino, 1481-1483 & detail of soldiers in middle left
Martyrdom of St Ursula by Hans Memling, 1489
Life of St Ursula by Hans Memling 1490-93
The fight between the Bonacotsi and Gonzaga in the Piazza Sordello in Mantua, 1494
Fresco in the Guard Room, Castello di Issogne, Val d'Aosta, north west Italy, c. 1495
St George by Carpaccio, c.1500. The saint is shown as a fully equipped Venetian man-at-arms, though without a helmet
Young Knight in a Landscape, 1510 by Vittore Carpaccio
Portrait Of A Florentine In Armour c.1510 attributed to Francesco Granacci
The French recapture of Genoa Le Voyage de Gênes (The Journey to Genoa) by Jean Marot, 1510-1520
Entry of Charles VIII into Florence by Francesco Granacci, 1518
The siege of Padua 1521 by Niccolò degli Agostini
Emperor Charles V in procession after his coronation by Pope Clement VII in Bologna, 1530, by Nicolaus Hogenberg
The Oath of Sermide by Girolamo Genga, 1530-31
Portrait of a Warrior by Dosso Dossi, 1530s
Tournament Fresco Cycle by Marcello Fogolino, c.1535
MIRROR PAGES:
Italian Illustrations of Costume and Soldiers

Druzhina
Illustrations of Italian Costume & Soldiers

BTW ,dont wanna spam on suggestion box but, do you have some oval /egg shaped italian metal shields ?
Seems they were widely used by italians in druzhina's pics.
Now I'll wait next month before asking there  :wink:

I'm not sure  :wink:, we can add oval shields, but IMHO the illustrations probably show round shields seen from angles, there probably were some oval shields in use ,  but AFAIK the most Italian museum pieces are standard shape rondache.

Italian harness and rondache from 16th century:
1960081120_d1d423aec0_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom