[Suggestion Box]

Users who are viewing this thread

You could just make a larger model for the elephant, or increase its scale, some horses in native are bigger than others.

Could you make it so that you can't wield guns/bows/crossbows when you're wearing large, metal gloves?
Or so that you can wield them, but your accuracy and/or reload speed would suffer a penalty.

Uberschwein said:
Could you make it so that you can't wield guns/bows/crossbows when you're wearing large, metal gloves?
Or so that you can wield them, but your accuracy and/or reload speed would suffer a penalty.

I like that!

WPF - weight to head and hands x10

would probably work. Although on second thoughts, hand armour wouldnt come into it very much, you would probably have to make them 10 times heavier...

Uberschwein said:

Hate this idea! Don't see any reason to think that way about metal gauntlets. Many nations used horse archers and metal gauntlets quite effectively. About crossbows and early guns i cant see any way that gauntlet may influence it accuracy or reload speed.

Waldzios said:
Uberschwein said:

Hate this idea! Don't see any reason to think that way about metal gauntlets. Many nations used horse archers and metal gauntlets quite effectively. About crossbows and early guns i cant see any way that gauntlet may influence it accuracy or reload speed.

for example if your finger with gauntlets is 3,5 cm wide and crossbow/rifle triger thingy is 2,5cm wide, then you wouldnt be able to fit the hole.

and if there are some gauntlets that have few fingers merged in one, then that would present another problem

dia151 said:
Waldzios said:
Uberschwein said:

for example if your finger with gauntlets is 3,5 cm wide and crossbow/rifle triger thingy is 2,5cm wide, then you wouldnt be able to fit the hole.

and if there are some gauntlets that have few fingers merged in one, then that would present another problem

dude we talking medieval/renaissance times weapons not some modern toys :razz: , the weapons of time were big, crude and heavy, even if some had 2,5cm "trigger hole", you still cant assume that all ranged weapon need to be used without gauntlets,
(btw 5 fingers x3,5cm, this make 17,5cm, pretty big gauntlet, interesting :wink:)

For example this is late Crossbow: Switzerland, 1600-1700.
1574437752_fe6292cfda_z.jpg

To counter the person above I'm pretty sure archers HAD to have some sort of wrist/hand wear, otherwise the bowstring would slap their wrists. And my suggestion is to make it so that if you aren't wearing gloves of some sort when you are using a bow, then you would take 1 damage from it slapping you.

Doom Bunny said:
Yeah, but you cant use a bow wearing mittens, at least not well.
Then  ottoman sipahi and  egyptian mamluks  didn't know that :razz:
msottomanarmourb.jpg

30139240722a92547822o.jpg

IMHO even if you can prove that specific glove cant possibly work with specific weapon, then still you cant make it a general rule.
If you want to describe every glove in game( how many fingers it have , how wide fingers are etc ) and every weapon the same way ( some melee weapons may have problem with some gauntlets too :smile:)  , then it will take ages of time, that can be used for better purpose:razz:

Doom Bunny said:
Waldzios said:
Doom Bunny said:
Yeah, but you cant use a bow wearing mittens, at least not well.
Then  ottoman sipahi and  egyptian mamluks  didn't know that :razz:
msottomanarmourb.jpg

30139240722a92547822o.jpg

They would probably slip the mittens off before firing their bows...

Its quite possible, but then maybe we just need button to "slip the mittens off" :???:. Just kidding  :wink:.
The game is not archer championship simulator, if you start changing how gloves, helmets (IMHO much more effect on archery that gloves) and armors works, IMHO it can get  overly complicated.

I think this pictures will resolve any confusion about gauntlets and their use with bows (under the plate they are regular leather gauntlets that were used by archers too):
Gaunt1.jpg
Gaunt2.jpg

I will add some confusion :razz:. My favorite horse archer in plate armor.
Spanish Arquero, The Vinkhuijzen collection of military uniforms
arquero15031910.jpg

arquero15021910.jpg

Those look like mail gloves, not plate gloves. With mail gloves it can be rather "easy", or at least possible, to manipulate a bow effectively.

I was wondering if anyone ever talked about adding some new npc-companions.That would be awesome to have more choices.
Sorry to interupt this interesting discussion.

I think that mail gloves should not give an accuracy or damage penalty for using bows, even though it should have been more comfortable with leather gloves...

You mean there are more important things to do? haha that's allright..glad to hear you plan to add some!

I finally tried your mod for the first time yesterday and my first reaction was "wwwoooaaahh nice."
Then I encountered some looters...and then my reaction was "wow most of them have gun weapons..."
I thought that there would be lesser guns, especially for looters. I mean at this period guns must have been expensve no? Looters or common bandits, except a few of them, could not afford guns (or there weren't enought fire weapons to steal them)?
I was thinking maybe only 4 or 5 looters should have guns in a group of ~30?

All the rest seems sooo nice, great job guys

Back
Top Bottom