[Suggestion] Block Delay

Remove the Block Delay?

• Yes

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 41.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You don't get it.  This wasn't brought in because everyone hates 0 pingers.  It was brought in because the balance between defense and attack is perfect at 50 ping.  At that ping nobody can defend forever so duels don't take too long.  But to apply a delay on people who already have to deal with network delay wouldn't make sense.  Even if everyone playing warband had 0 ping this would still have been introduced.  Simply because blocking was too easy for people with low ping.  And for people with over 50 ping no change was needed as blocking wasn't too easy for them. 

I don't see why everyone is so butthurt because their ping doesn't guarantee victory anymore.  However one thing I will say is that the block delay should match the block animation precisely.  It sucks when you see you block in position and an attack goes through it.  Simply tweak the block animation to match the block delay and everything is fine.

Can you honestly say that the people with <50 ping had a large advantage over those with 50/70? I get the 0 ping bug, and otherwise around 15-25 on Games_on_net servers, and my blocks are CONSTANTLY swung through, despite the animations being complete. Trying to use a sword and board is just ridiculous: the animation shows the shield being up, but i get hit, staggered, and hit again while HOLDING the block, with the shield held up. It's gotta go.

I wouldn't mind as much if the animations matched it, it makes it hard for a new player to get whats going on. It looks like you did it right but then you get killed, just a bunch of rage waiting to happen.

CMarshall said:
Can you honestly say that the people with <50 ping had a large advantage over those with 50/70? I get the 0 ping bug, and otherwise around 15-25 on Games_on_net servers, and my blocks are CONSTANTLY swung through, despite the animations being complete. Trying to use a sword and board is just ridiculous: the animation shows the shield being up, but i get hit, staggered, and hit again while HOLDING the block, with the shield held up. It's gotta go.

Fufufu, then its confirmed: Randomly swinging a axe around when over 200 ping will cause kills regardless :razz:

Seeing that I play with 120 ping (more or less) I'm rather fond of the block delay, and even with that low pingers get the advantage of chaining their blows more easily. (look at Rhade and his lightning fast striking)

Yeah, lower ping players still have an advantage in attack quickness/reaction. If you're a low ping player, stop trying to block and use your ping advantage to attack.

That said, I think the ratio of block delay to attack speed is currently a bit too high. Either attack speed needs to be slowed a bit for everyone, or the block delay needs to be lowered a bit.

Back
Top Bottom