Suggestion : Bannerlord Better Weapon Parts.Damascus steel and other hilt types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyway, lootboxes for real money are on their way to get banned in Europe anyway (it's about time, thanks EA), so that would mean no BL in Europe if they go that route

While I don't want lootboxes or anything close to that, because I don't think it fits the game + We already have hundreds of different parts to make our own weapons via crafting....

The main reason is that I would honestly not want to burden the dev/artists with having to make a bunch of new and exotic looking skins at this point. Just for Zeus' beard let them finish the game  :razz:

Kehlian said:
If skins are purely cosmetic, I'd want an option to hide the skins of other people anyway.

Yes please! Ubisoft didnt do this, and that was one of the buggest problems (minus teamkilling, toxic community, etc etc) that I refuse to play that game out of principle.

After a castle with a clownhat killed me for picking jaeger, that was when I put down my controller, took a deep breath, and uninstalled the game.

Please have the option to disable those stupid cosmetics.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Why would it break immersion?On the contrary it would add to the immersion.... Rather than every single sword handle being the same colour or steel being the same everywhere...
How does this compare to loli characters? How did you go from wood grains and damascus steel to loli characters cute little cat hats and tails?
Im pretty sure nowhere in the middle ages there was an army with MLG coloured swords. They all looked the same, so, yeah that would totally break inmersion

I wouldn't say these looked the same (they had to buy or loot their own equipment after all) but I think the differences were in the shape of the weapon parts and maybe how they sharpened it.
Maybe they could do something like a restriction on swords for commoners in Vlandia, but make the definition of swords there to have it double edged so so that non nobles have different types of falchions and maybe a lang- or kriegsmesser and nobles having normal swords (like in rennaicance Germany)

Edit: OK this isn't on topic

I think it's a great idea if done right. Skins don't necessarily means black knights slashing with giant pink dildos riding rainbow-farting Yoshis. TW can be very restrictive about that, limiting the level of customization, just like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Let's suppose you're about to create an axe: you select your axe's blade shape, and then you select the blade's skin. It could be a gold ornamented blade, or with precious gems, or with a nordic pattern, or even a wore and rusty blade. Don't believe that this would break immersion, and could make every weapon even more unique and medievalish. This could also be applied to horses, when you could have horse's saddles skins, or different kinds of horse mane (a horse skin that ressembles Rohan cavalry, for example) or to armor (the iron horned helmet from skyrim, i.e.).

Microtransactions can ruin the game if they give advantage towards paying players, even more if those advantages just can be earned towards payment, or if they're needed to play some game content, but when talking about extrictly cosmetics reasons, that's not a big problem. Who want's a custom weapon, armor or horse, buys the skin. Who don't want, don't buy. And if those skins could be earned by drops or by in-game currency (reward points), not a problem at all. Paladins is a nice free game with some cosmetics, and was very very cool seing Barik with the Engineer outfit from Team Fortress 2. I love those references hahaha

Horik6697 said:
I think it's a great idea if done right. Skins don't necessarily means black knights slashing with giant pink dildos riding rainbow-farting Yoshis. TW can be very restrictive about that, limiting the level of customization, just like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Let's suppose you're about to create an axe: you select your axe's blade shape, and then you select the blade's skin. It could be a gold ornamented blade, or with precious gems, or with a nordic pattern, or even a wore and rusty blade. Don't believe that this would break immersion, and could make every weapon even more unique and medievalish. This could also be applied to horses, when you could have horse's saddles skins, or different kinds of horse mane (a horse skin that ressembles Rohan cavalry, for example) or to armor (the iron horned helmet from skyrim, i.e.).

Microtransactions can ruin the game if they give advantage towards paying players, even more if those advantages just can be earned towards payment, or if they're needed to play some game content, but when talking about extrictly cosmetics reasons, that's not a big problem. Who want's a custom weapon, armor or horse, buys the skin. Who don't want, don't buy. And if those skins could be earned by drops or by in-game currency (reward points), not a problem at all. Paladins is a nice free game with some cosmetics, and was very very cool seing Barik with the Engineer outfit from Team Fortress 2. I love those references hahaha

Who want's a custom weapon, armor or horse, buys the skin. Who don't want, don't buy.

Actually, I have a problem with this thinking.

Even if I dont buy the skin, that dosent change the fact that if someone else brought the skin and joins my game, I still have to see him wearing that skin (unless talesworlds adds in the option to disable skins.).

Paladins can get away with adding in stupid skins because well, the game is kind of stupid. The artwork, and the direction of the game clearly tells us that the game was not meant to be a gritty realistic world to take itself seriously. Its fun to just jump in and not think about the world.

Mount and blade however, is a different story. We have a singleplayer that literally haves us try to care about their people, their world, their everything. So of course, lore starts to be an important decision.

Why does Skyrim have guns? Oh, because the Dwemer created them. There, explanation for skyrim's world easy and done. Why is there a lightsaber in Skyrim? Oh, its a bound mace with too much energy in it!

Now, if we are talking about Bannerlord, if you throw in astronaut suits, robot heads and loghtsabers, where is your explanation for that?

Im going to insert a comment from a once very smart man namd Kehlian

Because EVERY game, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them that have microtransaction have some weird out-of-place skins that totally breaks the lore. ALWAYS. there is absolutely no exception to that. And the reason is simple: most of the time, they quickly run out of ideas in the constraints of their own lore. And it always goes to the loli stuff because that's what sells, no matter the universe it's in.

Call me petty, or stupid for caring about such a small thing all you want, but I refuse to play games with lore breaking cosmetics. (rainbow 6 siege, call of duty, chivalry)

lolbash said:
Horik6697 said:

Who want's a custom weapon, armor or horse, buys the skin. Who don't want, don't buy.

Even if I dont buy the skin, that dosent change the fact that if someone else brought the skin and joins my game, I still have to see him wearing that skin (unless talesworlds adds in the option to disable skins.).

Paladins can get away with adding in stupid skins because well, the game is kind of stupid. The artwork, and the direction of the game clearly tells us that the game was not meant to be a gritty realistic world to take itself seriously. Its fun to just jump in and not think about the world.

Mount and blade however, is a different story. We have a singleplayer that literally haves us try to care about their people, their world, their everything. So of course, lore starts to be an important decision.

Why does Skyrim have guns? Oh, because the Dwemer created them. There, explanation for skyrim's world easy and done. Why is there a lightsaber in Skyrim? Oh, its a bound mace with too much energy in it!

Now, if we are talking about Bannerlord, if you throw in astronaut suits, robot heads and loghtsabers, where is your explanation for that?

Because EVERY game, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them that have microtransaction have some weird out-of-place skins that totally breaks the lore. ALWAYS. there is absolutely no exception to that. And the reason is simple: most of the time, they quickly run out of ideas in the constraints of their own lore. And it always goes to the loli stuff because that's what sells, no matter the universe it's in.

Call me petty, or stupid for caring about such a small thing all you want, but I refuse to play games with lore breaking cosmetics. (rainbow 6 siege, call of duty, chivalry)

Those 'stupid' games that you mention are multi-million games, both of them, not because they have trash skins, but because they ALLOW freedom. What exactly is your problem? You do not like extra lore-friendly content? You want EVERYBODY to look the same? Well, you might are dull, but I am not, I want variety and a change. You keep yip yaping about lore-breaking cosmetics, we have said like 20 times now, we do N O T talk about lore-breaking cosmetics or suggest it. We talk about MEDIEVAL inspired armors and weaponry. Just because you lack inspiration that does not mean TW does or their artists.

That comment is so bad, I won't even spend time to address it.

578 said:
lolbash said:
Horik6697 said:

Those 'stupid' games that you mention are multi-million games, both of them, not because they have trash skins, but because they ALLOW freedom. What exactly is your problem? You do not like extra lore-friendly content? You want EVERYBODY to look the same? Well, you might are dull, but I am not, I want variety and a change. You keep yip yaping about lore-breaking cosmetics, we have said like 20 times now, we do N O T talk about lore-breaking cosmetics or suggest it. We talk about MEDIEVAL inspired armors and weaponry. Just because you lack inspiration that does not mean TW does or their artists.

No, the reason why those games I mentioned are multimillion is because the gameplay is good, fun,  and people want to play it, NOT because of the cosmetics.

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

Does that still excuse these stupid **** helmets?

What exactly is your problem? You do not like extra lore-friendly content? You want EVERYBODY to look the same? Well, you might are dull, but I am not, I want variety and a change. You keep yip yaping about lore-breaking cosmetics, we have said like 20 times now, we do N O T talk about lore-breaking cosmetics or suggest it. We talk about MEDIEVAL inspired armors and weaponry. Just because you lack inspiration that does not mean TW does or their artists. 

Thats not my problem. My problem is the implementation of microtransactions for skins and how they will affect how I look at the game.

Thanks for shoving words in my mouth.

Nice job showing your maturity level by dismissing an entire paragraph because you think its stupid.

Or maybe you're trying to run away from addressing that because you cant think of an argument?

I think your entire reply is stupid, but you dont see me wrapping it into a spoiler tag then saying "your entire response is stupid and im not even going to tell why!"

That comment you quoted was stupid, I just proved to you, that there are games that allow freedom in looks without breaking their narrative, but of course you disregard them like they dont exist. You show me a game like Rainbow six siege made by UBISOFT, the worst company in existence next to EA who would kill their kids for extra money and you think your arguement is valid? Do you really dare to compare UBISOFT to Taleworlds? It seems like you dont trust the developers of the game you keep spending time on its forum alot. You seem like a fanatic crusader against skins in general even though its globally known that people LOVE to customize the appearance of their characters for a change simply because some developers decide to dry out its consumers for money. Your arguement has no core or basis and you cannot support it. We get it, you dont want cosmetics, can you leave us to discuss hypothetically what we want if they ever decide to implement it, in peace? We dont need you to keep repeating yourself. You don't like the idea, we get it. Can we move on now?

578 said:
That comment you quoted was stupid, I just proved to you, that there are games that allow freedom in looks without breaking their narrative, but of course you disregard them like they dont exist. You show me a game like Rainbow six siege made by UBISOFT, the worst company in existence next to EA who would kill their kids for extra money and you think your arguement is valid? Do you really dare to compare UBISOFT to Taleworlds? It seems like you dont trust the developers of the game you keep spending time on its forum alot. You seem like a fanatic crusader against skins in general even though its globally known that people LOVE to customize the appearance of their characters for a change simply because some developers decide to dry out its consumers for money. Your arguement has no core or basis and you cannot support it. We get it, you dont want cosmetics, can you leave us to discuss hypothetically what we want if they ever decide to implement it, in peace? We dont need you to keep repeating yourself. You don't like the idea, we get it. Can we move on now?

How **** ironic. You say that Im ignoring the existence of other games, because apparently I dont like games that do it right, yet you then proceed to **** on ubisoft and dismiss my example of bad games just because ubisoft is a greedy company (which has NOTHING at all to do with cosmetic micro transactions at all). Do you even **** read what you **** out of your ass?

You seem like a fanatic crusader against skins in general even though its globally known that people LOVE to customize the appearance of their characters for a change simply because some developers decide to dry out its consumers for money.

Again with shoving words in my mouth where they dont exist.

Where the **** did I say that I hate skins? I said I was against lore breaking unrealistic skins that can be brought for money. How many **** times do I have to repeat myself? I want realistic skins that can be earned in the game, NOT **** exosuits for 7 dollars.

Why are you so **** admant on wanting micro transactions in **** bannerlord? Did you **** shill for EA or some ****?

Or did you fail reading comprehension in 5th grade? Read the ****ing thread.

lolbash said:
578 said:

How **** ironic. You say that Im ignoring the existence of other games, because apparently I dont like games that do it right, yet you then proceed to **** on ubisoft and dismiss my example of bad games just because ubisoft is a greedy company (which has NOTHING at all to do with cosmetic micro transactions at all). Do you even **** read what you **** out of your ass?

You seem like a fanatic crusader against skins in general even though its globally known that people LOVE to customize the appearance of their characters for a change simply because some developers decide to dry out its consumers for money.

Where the **** did I say that I hate skins? I said I was against lore breaking unrealistic skins that can be brought for money. How many **** times do I have to repeat myself? I want realistic skins that can be earned in the game, NOT **** exosuits for 7 dollars.

Why are you so **** admant on wanting micro transactions in **** bannerlord? Did you **** shill for EA or some ****?

Or did you fail reading comprehension in 5th grade? Read the **** thread.

If you go back to the pages of this discussion, you will see that my suggestions are armor/skins achievable in the game. Either english is not your first language or you are acting that you do not understand. Because I have never, ever, suggested micro-transactions for the game.

Nymeris said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Why would it break immersion?On the contrary it would add to the immersion.... Rather than every single sword handle being the same colour or steel being the same everywhere...
How does this compare to loli characters? How did you go from wood grains and damascus steel to loli characters cute little cat hats and tails?
Im pretty sure nowhere in the middle ages there was an army with MLG coloured swords. They all looked the same, so, yeah that would totally break inmersion
What do you mean MLG coloured swords? Did you even look at the original suggestion?

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Nymeris said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
What do you mean MLG coloured swords? Did you even look at the original suggestion?

Ignore them mate, they jump to this discussion to just talk **** for no reason, nobody even reads what we type or cared to open the links of the original post.

578 said:
lolbash said:
578 said:

Or did you fail reading comprehension in 5th grade? Read the **** thread.

If you go back to the pages of this discussion, you will see that my suggestions are armor/skins achievable in the game. Either english is not your first language or you are acting that you do not understand. Because I have never, ever, suggested micro-transactions for the game.

Then you would understand that on page 4 of the thread, I stated that I was against micro transactions in Bannerlord because of the slippery slope argument Kehlian said, and provided examples of it being true and happening (rainbow 6 siege, call of duty, chivalry adding in payday masks)

Remember we are talking about TaleWorlds, not about EA or Ubi or Activision or any other of the kind, and we are talking about Mount & Blade, not any other multiplayer game. All of us here knows that M&B is unique, and don't go after trends (if they like to pursue trends, we would probably have early access right now :lol:).

No one here is in favour of Hello Kitty heads or those loli and waifu stuff that I don't even know what's the meaning. TBH, I kinda like the skins from RB6: Siege or CS:GO, and don't think that they break the lore of the game (they don't even have a stablished lore), and shiny weapons and coloured knives looks very cool, because they're set in a modern context of technology and colour and all of these XXI century new concept stuff.

In fact, those skins helps breaking the context of violence and terrorism, remembering us that it's just a game. Even in RB6, where the gameplay is so focused in tactical and realistic approaches, weapons skins adds a nice touch, despite being a little off-set (yes, I agree with you in this point @lolbash, this can really ruin immersion for some people, but for others it may be stimulating).

Anyways, I hardly believe that skins will be implemented right upon release. Maybe it will be implemented after some time, when the game is well stablished and they have no other reasons to worry about. Let's remember that TW want's M&B on the competitive scenario, and this may implies "signature marks" for the competitive players, so skins are not so impossible to happen. Sure thing is, if it's going to happen, we defend that it must happen on a proper way, different from what we've been seeing nowadays. And I still defend my point.

Horik6697 said:
Remember we are talking about TaleWorlds, not about EA or Ubi or Activision or any other of the kind, and we are talking about Mount & Blade, not any other multiplayer game. All of us here knows that M&B is unique, and don't go after trends (if they like to pursue trends, we would probably have early access right now :lol:).

No one here is in favour of Hello Kitty heads or those loli and waifu stuff that I don't even know what's the meaning. TBH, I kinda like the skins from RB6: Siege or CS:GO, and don't think that they break the lore of the game (they don't even have a stablished lore), and shiny weapons and coloured knives looks very cool, because they're set in a modern context of technology and colour and all of these XXI century new concept stuff.

In fact, those skins helps breaking the context of violence and terrorism, remembering us that it's just a game. Even in RB6, where the gameplay is so focused in tactical and realistic approaches, weapons skins adds a nice touch, despite being a little off-set (yes, I agree with you in this point @lolbash, this can really ruin immersion for some people, but for others it may be stimulating).

Anyways, I hardly believe that skins will be implemented right upon release. Maybe it will be implemented after some time, when the game is well stablished and they have no other reasons to worry about. Let's remember that TW want's M&B on the competitive scenario, and this may implies "signature marks" for the competitive players, so skins are not so impossible to happen. Sure thing is, if it's going to happen, we defend that it must happen on a proper way, different from what we've been seeing nowadays. And I still defend my point.

I know you like them, but I just want to pitch in and say I hate them, and that people that dont like them exist. Personal prefrences really. I respect your opinion, but I respectfully also disagree.

lolbash said:
I know you like them, but I just want to pitch in and say I hate them, and that people that dont like them exist. Personal prefrences really. I respect your opinion, but I respectfully also disagree.

Yes, ofc. Honestly I don't know how different blade materials or patterns with mediaval theme could be so desastrous and so deserving of hate, but yeah, the respect is mutuous.

Back
Top Bottom