SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Allow Clan leader to Renounce Clan Leader Role After 10 years

Users who are viewing this thread

dcolinfox

Recruit
Suggestion: I think it would add a little more spark to the game if we could step down from Clan Leader and assign someone else to be the Clan Leader/PC while our created character serves as a Clan Member/NPC. But we shouldn't be able to do this just anytime, but only when the following requirements are met:

1) A character must be Clan Leader for at least 10 years before another can be chosen.
2) Once a character has been Clan Leader and renounces the position, the character cannot be Clan Leader again.
3) Companions cannot be Clan Leader.
4) Chosen Clan Leaders must have at least one Fighting skill at least 150 (Vigor or Control), one Cunning Skill or Endurance Skill to at least 100, and one Social or Intellect skill to at least 150.

Reason: The game is extremely long and can get tiresome after a while. A feature like this would help shake things up and allow the player character to take advantage of some of the Governor Perks, making for a more strategic long-term selection.

I reckon this means you start controlling one of your family members and your own character becomes NPC? If so, yes, there should be an option to swap characters.

Though I never played campaign long enough to see how your children develop, but by looking at my siblings, 4th requirement is likely impossible to meet. They develop so slowly by themselves. 150 fighting skill is something even most companions don't have and your siblings start from almost zero.

Well, points 1 and 4 are intended so that the player can't swap clan leaders anytime. I want this feature, but not loosely. Don't want to make it too easy.

How does it become "too easy" by choosing a crap charachter( Not matching rule 4)? :smile:
Yes, I assume you could switch to your sibling at clan tier 1 without rule 1 to gain a far more developed MC. Does this make the game to easy? I don't think. A shortcut? Yes indeed if his build matches your need. I´m all for shortcuts though. Earlygame is very grindy and if it could be speeded up, I´m all for that. It´s SP - if player wants to play the siblings, let him!

Rule 2 (and 3) serves well enough! :smile:

I reckon this means you start controlling one of your family members and your own character becomes NPC? If so, yes, there should be an option to swap characters.

Though I never played campaign long enough to see how your children develop, but by looking at my siblings, 4th requirement is likely impossible to meet. They develop so slowly by themselves. 150 fighting skill is something even most companions don't have and your siblings start from almost zero.
No. Not impossible. Two Handed goes up pretty fast. Steward goes up pretty fast. Smithing and Riding goes up pretty fast. If you throw them into party leader role right off the bat, then it is slow. Use smithing to level then add focus.

How does it become "too easy" by choosing a crap charachter( Not matching rule 4)? :smile:
Yes, I assume you could switch to your sibling at clan tier 1 without rule 1 to gain a far more developed MC. Does this make the game to easy? I don't think. A shortcut? Yes indeed if his build matches your need. I´m all for shortcuts though. Earlygame is very grindy and if it could be speeded up, I´m all for that. It´s SP - if player wants to play the siblings, let him!

Rule 2 (and 3) serves well enough! :smile:
Look I just don't think the player should swap anytime they want to. The campaign is grindy because of the time limit (which they should remove or extend) and the bugs (Conspiracy jumping all the way up and causing 3 wars when you miss one quest). If you could swap anytime, there wouldn't be a decision there. Just swap, swap, swap. No tactics, no strategy, no nothing. They may as well let us form our own kingdom at the start of the game if they did that.

Look I just don't think the player should swap anytime they want to. The campaign is grindy because of the time limit (which they should remove or extend) and the bugs (Conspiracy jumping all the way up and causing 3 wars when you miss one quest). If you could swap anytime, there wouldn't be a decision there. Just swap, swap, swap. No tactics, no strategy, no nothing. They may as well let us form our own kingdom at the start of the game if they did that.
How does what charachter you play effect any of this? In my mind, abdication works like if MC dies - All quests and game states remain as is. Any bugs to that should be properly addressed.

If you want rules - here are some to add to your 2 and 3:
1. Disable abdication to pre-designed characters(including campaign-siblings and likely your first set of spouses married into your clan)
2. Disable abdictation to non-blood-related famillymember(Should likely include spouses married into your clan)

-and/or-

3. The desired new charachter is in your party - no map teleportation.

-or-

Apply your 1 to your first created charachter, then scrap it.

-or-
Reduce the abdicated MC to a companion-status. You quickly run out of heirs...

Last edited:
It's a sandbox, stop limiting us on what we can do just because of anything. Let us ruin our own game and let those of us with self control live our lives without needing mods for other peoples in-ability to not abuse systems

It's a sandbox, stop limiting us on what we can do just because of anything. Let us ruin our own game and let those of us with self control live our lives without needing mods for other peoples in-ability to not abuse systems
Fully agree!

If someone wants to play as players Brother, let them! It can be fun to create the MC sibling for a change!

And, if an abdication option can shake life in playthroughs othervice abandoned, I´d love it!

4) Chosen Clan Leaders must have at least one Fighting skill at least 150 (Vigor or Control), one Cunning Skill or Endurance Skill to at least 100, and one Social or Intellect skill to at least 150.
Don't want to make it too easy.
How does these 2 not contradict?

If you want to make it less easy, require that the heir is worse than MC. That takes a while to achieve... 4 years untill sister is adult. You will find no spouse below level 10-15

Back
Top Bottom