[Suggestion] Add quarter staff as a free weapon for vaegir archers

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
And make the scimitar cost money. I'd take it as it is but with tuning it would be good also. My ideal one would be very fast maybe even the fastest weapon in game. However it would do very little to no damage depenging armor and it wouldn't interrupt enemy attacks at all or very rarely.

Phallas said:
what possible damage could come to an armored opponent with a quarter staff.

Blunt damage? Not much but still. Also maybe if you hit the legs of the opponent you might have a small change of knockdown.

PsykoOps said:
Blunt damage? Not much but still. Also maybe if you hit the legs of the opponent you might have a small change of knockdown.

Speaking of which, instead of that wild swing thing, if there is to be an alternate blow other than thrust with the spears & pikes, I'd rather it be a sweeping blow aimed at knee height...

Sidus Preclarum said:
PsykoOps said:

Speaking of which, instead of that wild swing thing, if there is to be an alternate blow other than thrust with the spears & pikes, I'd rather it be a sweeping blow aimed at knee height...

Well in the last patch it mentioned leg-shots knocking people down. Obviously not implemented yet, but could be interesting. Would mean that swings from spears could do much less damage but still be useful.

Phallas said:
what possible damage could come to an armored opponent with a quarter staff.

As the others have said, blunt trauma. A few hard blows to your head will still ring your bells pretty good, even if you've got a helmet and padding. Strikes at bony areas can be extremely painful or even incapacitating.

Sidus Preclarum said:

Well, the problem with pikes and spears is that thrusting is pretty much all they do. If an opponent gets past your point, you can whip it back in an attempt to slice him with the edge, but I'm fairly sure that the combat system can't model that.

HTAPAWASO said:
Well in the last patch it mentioned leg-shots knocking people down. Obviously not implemented yet, but could be interesting. Would mean that swings from spears could do much less damage but still be useful.

AND be somewhat useful against an opponent which has come within the spear point minimum reach... If the later becomes fixed  :lol:

Sidus Preclarum said:
HTAPAWASO said:

AND be somewhat useful against an opponent which has come within the spear point minimum reach... If the later becomes fixed  :lol:

Indeed.

That and machine-gun-thrusting being fixed should make spears and pikes a lot weaker, so they may need this.

I've said this before: add a quarter staff, just make it the same as the spear is now. And then both spear and war spear could be thrusting weapons like the pike, as they should be.
And make Awlpike and Ashwood pike usable with shields and add more 2-handed polearms similar to the glaive i.e. billhook, halberd etc...

Sidus Preclarum said:
Attacksmurfen said:
And make Awlpike and Ashwood pike usable with shields
What ?!  :neutral:

Why not? It's to have a clear difference between thrusting polearms and swinging ones.

Spear - war spear - (boar spear!) - pike - ashwood pike - awlpike

Quarterstaff - (other polearms) - glaive.

2 families of pole arms with clearly defined roles.

Back
Top Bottom