MP Suggestion About multiplayer customization (1)

Users who are viewing this thread

The currrent customization system is really interesting and attractive for me. Collecting gold to buy new armour is my major motivation. But there are so many clothes and armours from singleplayer are not available in multiplayer yet. Wish them could be included in multiplayer in future. And maybe dev team can add some multiplayer exclusive armour and appearances (some could be time-limited event/season exclusive or in-game buying like Call of Duty franchise to attract more players to try this mode).

I love the early-mid byzantine eastern roman based Empire faction the most. But I found the basic infantry unit of Empire - Recruit looks too shaggy and low profile. Forexample, the most expensive head armour is pilgrim hood making the solider look like a thief. I suggest the "Tall helmet" from singleplayer could be added as an alternative choice for Empire recruit since some historical sculpture and recovering image showed so. And adding more variation helmet and armour of current stuff is a more easy and less time consuming method. For instance, the late west roman and early eastern roman both use many "barbarian" german style equipments like the "plumed helmet" for Battania Wilding and Empire legionary and "helmet with faceguard" for Fiann. Maybe some varied version exclusive for Empire could be made like adding a plate crest for the "helmet with faceguard" and having a hole in the faceguard as historical real thing did.
Plus the Viking based Sturgian Berserker better has the wolf head and bear head as their best head armour instead of Battania Savage according to historical discription for such unit. Vlandian seargant really needs to add more body and cape armours.

Concluding: Empire Recruit add Tall helmet (1000 gold ) replacing pilgrim hood.
Sturgian Berserker add wolf head or bear head (1000 gold ). Battania savage use the other one.
Vlandian seargant add more body and cape armours.

Also have many other suggestions for the dev team about the solider customization for singleplay and multiplay but don't know wether they would notice such thread.

They won't but it's a good thread. The customization is definitely barebones and weird in places. I would of course prefer the Warband equipment system but with every armor and weapon in the game included. But barring that maybe they could do a faction specific thing of light versus heavy armor? Like Legionary can pick from all the neutral Heavy armor and Empire Heavy Armor, and recruit can do the same with light armor? It's tough because in Multiplayer with classes, and customization meaning nothing for actual armor value you have to limit options so players can still discern units from one another.

Last edited:
They won't but it's a good thread. The customization is definitely barebones and weird in places. I would of course prefer the Warband equipment system but with every armor and weapon in the game included. But barring that maybe they could do a faction specific thing of light versus heavy armor? Like Legionary can pick from all the neutral Heavy armor and Empire Heavy Armor, and recruit can do the same with light armor? It's tough because in Multiplayer with classes, and customization meaning nothing for actual armor value you have to limit options so players can still discern units from one another.
On the other hand, if you know the customization options, you can figure enemy class easier. That's why some armor are only usable by certain classes.

So for some reasons, sometimes less customization is better.

That said, i think there are a lot of armor they could've add into the game AND the visuals should match in-game stats too.

On the other hand, if you know the customization options, you can figure enemy class easier. That's why some armor are only usable by certain classes.

So for some reasons, sometimes less customization is better.

That said, i think there are a lot of armor they could've add into the game AND the visuals should match in-game stats too.
Alright I understand. Considering there are still many same armours in different factions. Maybe it is better to introduce more different armours or multiplayer faction exclusive armors. They are just for cosmetics anyway, right?

Alright I understand. Considering there are still many same armours in different factions. Maybe it is better to introduce more different armours or multiplayer faction exclusive armors. They are just for cosmetics anyway, right?
What kind of armor is the same in different factions? Mail ones? All factions have access to mail, maybe without khazuits, but i can see difference with ease if it's imperial mail or battanian one. It's about not making the same armor for different units in one faction, to make them different at glance.

Back
Top Bottom