SP - General Suggestion about equipment of Imperial Troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Zariusz

Recruit
Hello Devs, like title says i have sugggestions about imperial equipment.

First about cataphracts, you specially made Imperial Lamellar Pauldrons, Boots and gauntlets so they fit to cataphract armour but at the end Cataphracts dont use them as set. Why?

Here i edited troops to show how this would look. (I changed helmet so normal cataphract can be more different than elite cataphract, also inspired by this )
5gWoFf9.png

Now for Elite cataphract. I know that Imperial Scale Armour has higher stats but historically lamellar armour was stronger than scale armour. For example if you strike under certain angle you can penetrate scale armour and you cant do this with lamellar. And i also added him Cataphract Mace, its weird when its called cataphract mace but it isnt used by cataphract.
fXzIwKn.jpg

Now time for Bucellari, here i just edited him so he can look more historical like here. Maybe he could have some lance.
mIUDWVE.png

Palatine Guards. Here i edited them because i believe that Imperial Decorated Gauntlet and Boots were made specially for them. Since they are royal guards as their name says, their armour should look more ornamental and representative. Imperial Lamellar armour on Leather also fits to that description, we can see that lamellar here is more advanced and decorated than for example Imperial Lamellar Armour. And they are archers how would they shoot with full hand padded mittens?
Ut5f5u6.jpg

Other suggestions.
CN7EQsV.jpg

y3PP21W.jpg

BTW i also have question about armour from this artwork(rider in purple). Could this armour be added to game? I think that you can retexture Imperial Horseman Armour and use scale textures from Imperial Scale Armour.
ilker-serdar-yildiz-l-empire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good post. The change to Imperial Infantry is what i wanted to talk about and suggest it. Because today the 2 final upgrade of each trees use almost the same equipment. They loose the Javelin and all have spear... I think that one tree must remain with javs and the other with spear and square shields too. Looking for a future tortoise formation in the future!! :love:

I feel like its a balancing point. Palantine are the most well armoured archer, so to compensate they aren't able to skirmish as often.

He has downgraded the armour here to suit at least. I'd rather have less armour and more arrows, all the lower tier imperial archers are missing a quiver as well which means a lot of retreating in large battles.

He has downgraded the armour here to suit at least. I'd rather have less armour and more arrows, all the lower tier imperial archers are missing a quiver as well which means a lot of retreating in large battles.
I mean sure, but I feel like they have a better identity by being so heavily armoured. It gives them staying power at range and in melee. Still, gotta check the new stats tho...

Good stuff!

Small quibble: Generally, the above changes appear to have the net effect of further increasing imperial troop armor ratings (let me know if I'm missing something there). Don't imperials already have really strong armor?

Back
Top Bottom