• No

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Manifold1

Sergeant at Arms
Hello. I'd like a way to view servers outside the game. Since some of the time, the Australian servers are empty, I dont want to open the game to find nobody's playing.

I think it would be convenient for people like me who dont like waiting five minutes for the game to load only to close it again ten seconds later.

Well.. This is really only an issue in beta seeing as after release there will be considerably more servers and the chances of there being no one in any Australian server is very slim at that point.

I say I don't see how it could hurt.. But it isn't really necessary and the time could be used for better things.

I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but I opened the admin panel the other day and saw an option for the Valve Anti-Cheat system. This indicates integration with Steam, and Steam sometimes has external server browsers for games. You might be able to open up Steam and find a M&B game that way.

All you really need is the IP address of the server you're connecting to, and paste it into a program like HLSW (Half-Life server watch).  Not sure how to get IP addresses of the servers in game.

Actually that will not be enough, as this prog would have to know how to query the servers.

Getting the list of the servers is no problem, also communicating with them isn't that hard either - I am just slightly confused on what the client sends to the server to request the server info - it looks to me as if there is a separate request for each server, which makes it kind of confusing. I didn't check it out in detail though, will do so when I have more time.

Anyway, it would be awesome if the devs could give us the command to query the servers so i can save the time :grin:

chadz said:
Actually that will not be enough, as this prog would have to know how to query the servers.

Getting the list of the servers is no problem, also communicating with them isn't that hard either - I am just slightly confused on what the client sends to the server to request the server info - it looks to me as if there is a separate request for each server, which makes it kind of confusing. I didn't check it out in detail though, will do so when I have more time.

Anyway, it would be awesome if the devs could give us the command to query the servers so i can save the time :grin:
:grin: agreed ~

I know people are still waiting for something like this though. (Read: popping open the server list now and then to check if your favourite servers have a spot/has people in now.)

you shouldn've posted then

in anticipation of 'neither should you':

i'm not the one telling people not to bump

Back
Top Bottom