[Suggestion] a few

Users who are viewing this thread

socks

Master Knight
ASSASSINS GAMEMODE: just a thought I had the other day. This would need a new map, like village except larger. Maybe a snowy town. Anyway, it would be populated with large amounts of ai townfolk like in native [except much more]. A random player would be picked as a "target", and several others as the target's guards. Everyone else would be an assassin, who's goal is to kill the target. For an assassin, killing a rival assassin is worth 1, killing a town-person worth -1, killing a guard worth 5, and killing the target wins the round. Guards get -1 for every town person they kill, 5 for every assassin they kill, and win the round, along with the target, if they survive until the round's time limit expires. Alternatively their goal could be to get from one point on the map to another without the target dying. Since it's round-based, players don't respawn after they're dead until the next round. Assassins could buy a large amount of equipment, ranging from light armor that enables them to blend in with the townfolk to heavy armor which protects them well but causes them to stick out like a sorethumb. The same with the target and guards, methinks. Thoughts?
most agree

DEATHMATCH GAMEMODE: I was thinking that perhaps in deathmatch you should be able to choose whichever faction and troop you wanted. I don't know.
most agree

see http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88071.0.html

BEEF UP FACTIONS: except for the Nords. They already have plenty of stuff.
Vaegirs: they should be the main throwing faction, instead of the Nords. Also, maybe a longer scimitar line ending with a 1/2h scimitar? Possibly the armor Vaegir horsemen bots get for Vaegir spearmen players, as well.
Swadians: possibly crossbowmen should be able to buy a light xbow and a saddle horse? Not sure.
Rhodoks: a falchion line, as has been suggested many times before, for spearmen, ending in a 1/2h falchion. Also should be able to use board shields as pavisse shields and plant them in the ground, and then pick them back up again.
Khergits: dedicated infantry troop.
most agree

RUN/WALK TOGGLE: a bindable key, self explanatory. Thanks to ares007.
most agree

"ASSASSINATION" KILL: with a small 1h weapon such as a knife, someone who walks up behind another person and attacks them directly to the back will draw the knife across the victim's throat, and, depending on their head armor, kill them instantly.
mixed

thoughts?

socks said:
BEEF UP FACTIONS: except for the Nords. They already have plenty of stuff.
Vaegirs: they should be the main throwing faction, instead of the Nords. Also, maybe a longer scimitar line ending with a 1/2h scimitar? Possibly the armor Vaegir horsemen bots get for Vaegir spearmen players, as well.
Swadians: possibly crossbowmen should be able to buy a light xbow and a saddle horse? Not sure.
Rhodoks: a falchion line, as has been suggested many times before, for spearmen, ending in a 1/2h falchion. Also should be able to use board shields as pavisse shields and plant them in the ground, and then pick them back up again.
Khergits: dedicated infantry troop.

FUND IT

I think the assassin's mode would be awesome. I also think that the ability to walk rather than run would be very key to this mode. Some other ideas: maps should have some overlook areas, ways to get on rooftops, and lofts/balconies to shoot from. Some assassin related weapons should get implemented (and available to both sides)- knives/daggers with the advantage being the fact that they are very hard to see, same with throwing knives. VIP guards should also have the option of blending into the crowd (ala secret service). Overall, this would be an awesome gamemode.

you are right about the DM mode.

I mostly agree with your faction suggestions.

K, added run/walk and also an idea for a way of killing someone which could be used rather well in the assassin mode.

Did the devs ever say anything about a "sprint" bar or something like that to run faster for a short period of time? I mean, basically the current spring except a bit faster but limited.

Good gosh, I hope the assassination mode gets implemented. It will be awesome! What if there was an assassination quest similar to this mode in SP too? It sounds awesome.

Assassination mode: sounds fun to me.

Deathmatch: I'd prefer just no factions. In stead, people would be able to choose from infantry, archer and cavalry from a nameless faction. Each of these classes can select many weapons from different factions (not all, but the most useful). This would give a single player the versatility needed to fight on his own. In deathmatch you cannot stop a couched lancer by teamwork, you'll want a pike for that as infantryman, even when there are no Rhodoks, and you will also want a good sword for duels, add to that an axe for breaking shield. An archer may be able to buy a horse and have some horse archery and riding skill too, or alternatively a horseman is reasonably proficient with ranged weapons and has some horse archery. Archers would generally get somewhat better melee equipment than their faction troop counterparts and can choose from all bows and crossbows. Horsemen would get a variety of equipment, from light skirmishing cavalry to heavy charging cavalry.

This because in deathmatch, I often feel that character equipment lacks the versatility required for every situation. I think I'm going to make a suggestion about it.

Beef up factions: mostly agreed.

Run/walk toggle: Good idea.

Assassination kill: If there are daggers, they would probably have about 120 speed like in Native. If you can get behind someone with a weapon that fast, chances are he won't be able to block the next few strikes anyway. He should get a chance to do so though, so I disagree there.

kingofnoobia, it wouldn't be able to assassinate with, say a sword. It'd actually give people a reason to use knives. Plus, it forces players to have good situational awareness.

kingofnoobia said:
Deathmatch: I'd prefer just no factions. In stead, people would be able to choose from infantry, archer and cavalry from a nameless faction. Each of these classes can select many weapons from different factions (not all, but the most useful). This would give a single player the versatility needed to fight on his own. In deathmatch you cannot stop a couched lancer by teamwork, you'll want a pike for that as infantryman, even when there are no Rhodoks, and you will also want a good sword for duels, add to that an axe for breaking shield. An archer may be able to buy a horse and have some horse archery and riding skill too, or alternatively a horseman is reasonably proficient with ranged weapons and has some horse archery. Archers would generally get somewhat better melee equipment than their faction troop counterparts and can choose from all bows and crossbows. Horsemen would get a variety of equipment, from light skirmishing cavalry to heavy charging cavalry.

THIS

Assassin gamemode: Sounds interesting

Deathmatch: What kingofnoobia said

Factions: I agree about vaegirs, they need a better melee weapon instead of maces (or maces need some more reach). Swadians are fine as they are IMO. I like the pavise idea but I'm not sure about falchions. Khergits certainly need something but a foot troop doesn't fit their style. My biggest problem when playing khergits is that their shields are too expensive/useless.

Run/walk toggle: I don't care but it could be nice.

Assassination kill: attacking someone from behind is often a certain kill anyway so why not.

Tiberius said:
kingofnoobia said:

THIS

THAT.

Alec{zacool} said:
Tiberius said:
kingofnoobia said:

THIS

THAT.

take that! 

oh ya, and olo totally supports this thread, great ideas bud.

I think this is pretty clever.

I would suggest that the guards and the target have to move from point A to point B though.

Otherwise I can see turtling being a problem... But how cool would this idea be if it was say like Assassin's creed. You have a settlement / city streets and you have to navigate through the hustle and bustle as you are pursued.  Or maybe you have to run to a random point so the assassins wouldn't be able to know for sure where you finally end up.

Wonderboy2402 said:
I think this is pretty clever.

I would suggest that the guards and the target have to move from point A to point B though.

Otherwise I can see turtling being a problem... But how cool would this idea be if it was say like Assassin's creed. You have a settlement / city streets and you have to navigate through the hustle and bustle as you are pursued.  Or maybe you have to run to a random point so the assassins wouldn't be able to know for sure where you finally end up.

Yeah, only the VIP/guards could see the destination and it would be assigned at random.

Gosh, the more I think of this, the more awesome it sounds. Buying normal clothes and [hopefully] being able to walk with just a sword or dagger or even throwing knives (only taken out during an secret kill) to be harder to pick out, you could mill around with the rest of the pedestrians (as either a guard, or as an assassin). There would be a lot of plans to follow. The VIP/guards could choose to wait for a minute while a couple of archer-guards got on the roofs to cover their route. A guard in disguise might go ahead of the rest and blend in with the crowd looking out for assassins and trying to spot enemy sniper positions. Or you could take another route and just armor up and charge. I'm imagining a lot of awesome stuff!

olo said:
Alec{zacool} said:
Tiberius said:
kingofnoobia said:

THIS

THAT.

take that! 

oh ya, and olo totally supports this thread, great ideas bud.
Since it seems I'm getting quite some support :lol:, you might want to reply here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88071.0.html. 32 views 0 replies goddammit :razz:... Into oblivion within 24 hours.

Actually Ares, when this idea was outlined in kind of reminded me of... Romeo and Juliet. In that you have city setting with plenty of alleys and plazas but you would have a VIP with guards/family facing off another family/faction.

And if you were restricted to basic clothing and lighter weapons, cool!

Back
Top Bottom