SP - General Suggested Crushthrough Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the most frustrating things in battles for me is when I ride my horse at full speed and swing my heaviest axe onto infantry, but a soldier(even a peasant) blocks my attack like its nothing with a one handed sword.

I don't know if momentum affects chance of crushthrough chance but even if it does currently its too low, if not we need a momentum modifier for crushthrough effect.

For me the crush is something that only a war hammer after a long arc of blow (maximum kinetics - parameters with very high values so that it occurs rarely) could achieve. In Sp, only hammers; in MP this mechanics has no place, imo.

You could be crushing all day with the menavlion and it is not fair that both the AI in SP and the player in MP after a correct block, has to see his health reduced by this kind of "effects".

*Invincible mode for testing

I misread the poll option and voted for the first option; I screwed up because I don't want that. I intended to vote Yes, being crushed like that is frustrating

You didn't get my point tho. Im talking about the times when you ride your horse at highest speed, and swing your heaviest sword, even then a peasant with a one handed weapon(no shield) can block you like its nothing.

When you see a cavalry run over you, you should use spear to attack, shield to defend or just try to get away from it.

I don't like being randomly git by a crushthrough while both of us on foot but I think cavalry is a different story.

This momentum factor added to crushthrough calculation might even mean less crushthroughs on foot. Depending on the formula of course

Last edited:
I think it will be way too hard for them to make the mechanic work in a good way. What I would like is for momentum and weapon weight to crush through weapon blocks but do reduced damage and knock down or stun DEPENDING on TIER of the blocker. It's really dum that a little wimp unit can stop a weapon with huge momentum and be okay. A low tier unit should take near full damage from trying to block in this way but a High tier unit should be able to usually pull it off accept in extreme cases. This should not work on shield though, but maybe extreme momentum could cause a knock down on lower tier troops or such.

However this is way to hard and complicated, so I think just make a few weapons for SP with crush through, have a few units with access to them and THAT'S ALL. I don't play MP since beta so no opinion. I think it's weird they gave Crush through to polearms.... what's the point of heavy 2 handers now?

What I would like is for momentum and weapon weight to crush through weapon blocks but do reduced damage and knock down or stun DEPENDING on TIER of the blocker. It's really dum that a little wimp unit can stop a weapon with huge momentum and be okay. A low tier unit should take near full damage from trying to block in this way but a High tier unit should be able to usually pull it off accept in extreme cases. This should not work on shield though, but maybe extreme momentum could cause a knock down on lower tier troops or such.
I agree completely, I thought about adding this but i didn't want to make my thread too long and complicated.

But I don't think its hard to make this mechanic work right, I think they can do it if they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom