[Suggesion] the game is base on tier system (clans, troops, armors...) why not the player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord is based on a tier system (with 6 tiers for each one) :

Clan :
the clan that have the higher tier have the best chance to be eligible for fief votes + they have more troops.
troops : the troops have a tier that go from 1 to 6, the higher is the tier, the stronger is the unit and expensive is the wage (in theory).
armors / weapons : same with armors and weapons, tier 1 to 6. higher tier = better stat / look (in theory).

i love this system. i mean really, i love it. So, why is he not fully implemented in the game?

the player for example doesn't have any tier feature apply to himself. a player lvl 2 can wear a t6 armor for example.

Same with troops, a player lvl 1 can upgrade some troops to tier 5 - 6 (in theory).

look, in your character party, you can see the lvl of the player like a regular troop.

Why not match the lvl of the player with this tier system?

for example, like a regular troops, the player would be tier 0 from lvl 1 to 5, tier 1 from lvl 6 to 10, tier 2 from lvl 11 to 15, tier 3 from lvl 16 to 20, tier 4 from lvl 21 to 25, tier 5 form lvl 26 to 30, tier 6 lvl 31 and higher.

first feature, the player would not be able to wear stuff that have a higher tier than his own. Right now, i don't feel like their is a real progression when i looted / bought the best armors of the game. But if you apply this tier system to the player, for each new tier, you will run to the city to buy some higher tier stuff that give some better stats to your character and make him look "cooler" and you will feel a real change between 2 tiers (feeling the progress).

second feature, the player would not be able to upgrade troops to a higher tier than his own. for example : if the player is lvl 10, he is tier 1. So, he can't upgrade his troops to tier 2, but if the player is lvl 11 (tier 2), then he can. the player could still recrut tier 2 or higher tier troops but he can't upgrade them till he is on their tier +1.

So here we are, i don't want to rewrite the tier system. On the contrary, i wish to see it fully implemented, that's it. Well, feel free to tell me what you think about it or even just let a reply to say hi. if a developer can see this thread, then i wouldn't have write all that stuff for nothing. Thanks guys for reading so far, take care.

ps: i'm sorry if the english is not perfect, i'm not a native speaker.

edit : i just created a second thread for the troops to make each threads more clear
here is the link :
[Suggesion] why the troops tier does not match their armors and weapons tier?

Last edited:
it's not a mmorpg, you are right, but it's a rpg so basically we are not so far from it.
Warband has skill gates (and warband is not a mmo), with armor for example, you could not wear a certain armor until you meet the required strength level, same thing with weapons, troops, exp etc....
I like how they implemented a new system, but I agree with you, it feels odd that a fresh spawn can wear top tier armor.

Warband has skill gates (and warband is not a mmo), with armor for example, you could not wear a certain armor until you meet the required strength level, same thing with weapons, troops, exp etc....
I like how they implemented a new system, but I agree with you, it feels odd that a fresh spawn can wear top tier armor.

i played m&b warband gekokujo (yes i didn't like the native world) and i also played m&b wfs and in both of these game the skill system was too complicated in my opinion, there was too much skills to get, so i'm not disapointed that they simplified it a bit, but in both of these game you needed some strength to use melee weapons and armors, tension to use bow, riding to use horses and that gave a purpose to the leveling progress of your character in my opinion. that would be great if they apply it with this new tier system. I don't know but to me, this system feel unfinished.

We have this partially - you need a certain level of ride to get on a good horse, a certain level of archery for bows and a certain level of crossbow for crossbows. It could be made so that you need a cerain level of 1 handed skill to equip a good 1h weapon. Heck, some of this could have been made as perks.

Considering the fact that top tier armour spawns when two Sundays come together, making player unable to wear it until some requirements are met may be a huge pain: you stumble upon a good shiny armour, you have the money for it, but you can't wear it, because you have 6 Vigor when 7 is required. You have two options: leave the town, return when (and if) you reach that level 7 and find out that this armour is no more at the market. Or you may buy it and drag the dead-weight shiny piece of metal until you reach level 7.

And one more thing which makes me to oppose this idea is that with the new skill and leveling system it is quite difficult to raise your stats (I mean Vigor, Endurance, Intellect etc.). You can't level it up as often as you could do this in Warband and you may end up having few Vigor points on, say, level 28, when it is hard just to make a transition from level 28 to 29. How do you find the perspective of being a rich, well-known man with a ragged leather coat and a rusty iron sword? Of course, some may say something like "Lol, I can enter the town, smelt 9000 pitchforks and level up to 100 in 6 hours", but I came here to play the game and have fun, not to grind levels by smelting pitchforks.

Considering the rate of drops of good armour either in loot or in shops adding extra reasons not to be able to use it seems a little masochistic. Especially basing it on attributes which are exceptionally rare and you would need to gear your character for well before you actually could see the armour in question to know what it's requirements are.
I also feel that if you have the money you should be able to buy the armour the same goes with wearing it if you are lucky enough to loot it.
Weapons being tied to a skill level, like bows are, seems a little more realistic, but again unless they can sort out smithing it is such a can of worms that I think it's not worth even looking at.

all right guys, first of all i would like to thank you for taking the time to give me feedback on that thread. i really appreciate it :wink:

now let's get to the core of this thread for each post.

We have this partially - you need a certain level of ride to get on a good horse, a certain level of archery for bows and a certain level of crossbow for crossbows. It could be made so that you need a cerain level of 1 handed skill to equip a good 1h weapon. Heck, some of this could have been made as perks.

that's right, i almost forgot it :grin:
the fact is that i don't think this perks system is incompatible with the tier system. The one handed perks is a great idea (y). There is also the armor that could benefit from this system. i mean you have the possibility to add also a required skill in athletism, wich seems to me the most linked perks to armor right now but i'm open to debate (that's one of the reason why i created this thread) and add also a required lvl to the player so that there is a real purpose for the player to level up his character.

Considering the fact that top tier armour spawns when two Sundays come together, making player unable to wear it until some requirements are met may be a huge pain: you stumble upon a good shiny armour, you have the money for it, but you can't wear it, because you have 6 Vigor when 7 is required. You have two options: leave the town, return when (and if) you reach that level 7 and find out that this armour is no more at the market. Or you may buy it and drag the dead-weight shiny piece of metal until you reach level 7.

And one more thing which makes me to oppose this idea is that with the new skill and leveling system it is quite difficult to raise your stats (I mean Vigor, Endurance, Intellect etc.). You can't level it up as often as you could do this in Warband and you may end up having few Vigor points on, say, level 28, when it is hard just to make a transition from level 28 to 29. How do you find the perspective of being a rich, well-known man with a ragged leather coat and a rusty iron sword? Of course, some may say something like "Lol, I can enter the town, smelt 9000 pitchforks and level up to 100 in 6 hours", but I came here to play the game and have fun, not to grind levels by smelting pitchforks.

all right, i wasn't expecting that everyone would aggree with this thread ?

the first thing is "armour spawn when two sundays come together", i don't aggree with that, in fact i think the tier armors are much more common than anyone could expect in the game. The thing is that, the lvl of your character determine the kind of armor you can find at the market. for example when my character reach a certain lvl, i couldn't see anny jewellry helmet in town, nor some imperial t6 armors, but when you do reach that lvl, those armors spawned by magic, but i could be wrong, this is only base on my observations and here is the problem, it require too much time to reach that treshold. I played the game alot (maybe to much) to see that happened, so in my opinion they must reduce the experience required for the player to reach the next lvl.

second problem, i wans't suggesting getting back into the previous warband / wsf system. on the contrary, i suggested that it could be base on the tier of the player so that you only bought armors in towns that you can use because in my opinion the first idea that you can't find good armors anywhere in town is easily fix by adding an armor vendor wich would sell the top tier armors based on the culture (imperial armors for imperial city for example).

Considering the rate of drops of good armour either in loot or in shops adding extra reasons not to be able to use it seems a little masochistic. Especially basing it on attributes which are exceptionally rare and you would need to gear your character for well before you actually could see the armour in question to know what it's requirements are.
I also feel that if you have the money you should be able to buy the armour the same goes with wearing it if you are lucky enough to loot it.
Weapons being tied to a skill level, like bows are, seems a little more realistic, but again unless they can sort out smithing it is such a can of worms that I think it's not worth even looking at.

like in the previous post, this problem is easily fix by adding a top tier armor vendor, in town like i wrote previously. Now let's jump to the money question, in my opinion the game can't be based all on "realistic reasons" because it's a game and the fact is that when the player is only looking for the "top tier armor" when you do reach a certain lvl, there is no more big evolution for the skin / stat of you character. Your are just collectionning the best armor stuff and you will have you character looking exaclty the same after 50+ hours of gameplay.

all right guys, let me know what you think about the tier system apply to the troops too please. i'm going to edit my initial post but just to clarify some ideas. see you, take care ! :wink:

ps : again, i'm sorry if my english is not perfect. i'm not a native speaker. if you have any problem to understant my post, please tell me i i'll try to clarify it.

Back
Top Bottom